Grand Slam Tennis 2

silentassassin

read my earlier posts. Gameplay needs to be fixed. Right now, you can't differentiate much among flat, top spin and slice shots, they all look the same. It's very hard to hit winners if you are playing in pro mode or higher. In most of the points, the enemy player comes up to the net to finish the point and it's very hard to make a lob winner as the enemy player picks it almost every time. The commentary felt good initially but now it's too repeatitive in the demo

read my earlier posts. Gameplay needs to be fixed. Right now, you can't differentiate much among flat, top spin and slice shots, they all look the same. It's very hard to hit winners if you are playing in pro mode or higher. In most of the points, the enemy player comes up to the net to finish the point and it's very hard to make a lob winner as the enemy player picks it almost every time. The commentary felt good initially but now it's too repeatitive in the demo

looks like we sticking to TS4 only then :scratchchin:

Gameplay is finnicky. Too fast. Not really arcade but arcadish. I hate it & love it both. Its fun but lacks finesse like TS4. The player moves like a bullet. Ball looks odd.

I only thing that could be going for this game would be the online play as most EA sports games have great online.

That said, demo was still fun. It's not TS4 but it is something.

Anyone troed it with Move?

Played the demo its good..

Its not like Top Spin..It should'nt be compared to Top Spin..This game is more similar to Virtua Tennis...

Totally arcadish...Top Spin is more like simulation and its gameplay has depth..

This game is fun..those who liked Virtua Tennis will definitely like this game..

Top spin is NOT a total simulation guys... it has its arcade elements too. It's just too refined and so you feel it's a simulation. Especially TS4.

I would definitely compare TS4 & this game until & unless EA declares this as an all out arcade game. Lack of finesse =/= Arcade

Top spin is NOT a total simulation guys... it has its arcade elements too. It's just too refined and so you feel it's a simulation. Especially TS4.

I would definitely compare TS4 & this game until & unless EA declares this as an all out arcade game. Lack of finesse =/= Arcade

i agree - TS4 is a near perfect mix of arcade and simulation (TS3 was too much a simulation)...only problem with TS4 its crap online...

I haven't played TS4 but for online play the arcade-ish-ness of VT 2009 was near flawless. Fun, competitive matches. The problem was the net code and lack of modes. It became a lot better though later with updates n stuff but by that time most of us had lost interest.

I'll get to try this now once I get my triple replaced :(

Just played the demo on the 360. Soooo much fun. Wish though the lob, volley and serve were done through buttons instead of the R stick. Never got my serve right. Didnt figure how to lob or volley either. :loco:

No editing of control ? how un-EAish , well i would download the demo now to check out but current downloading the KOA Demo & i heard the PSN is out again for maintenance for a day so i guess can't do t till the weekend

Ok i played both demos of GST 2 & VT4 , i really like GST 2 awesome first ever tennis game of EA on PS3 / X360 , great graphics , awesome menus [ fifa like ] , awesome commentary , it's just a bit annoying that i can't hit fast shots using arcade keys & using the right stick which allows to easily hit fast shots is a bit difficult to get a hang of , Pro difficulty is damn hard for me as i never played any tennis games other than virtual tennis 3 that too not much

And will not call this game arcade , the ball speeds are very believable & i never felt like i was playing something like VT , now i will have a tough time choosing a tennis game once this comes out

finally played the demo...presentation is top class, a tennis game with commentary is also very refreshing; but gameplay is no where near the league of Top Spin 4....TS4 is a far superior game in my opinion, guess would give this game a miss and stick with TS4 :)

just what i also pointed out. Everything except gameplay is top notch. They need to fix the gameplay and remove the stupid ball trail.

finally played the demo...presentation is top class, a tennis game with commentary is also very refreshing; but gameplay is no where near the league of Top Spin 4....TS4 is a far superior game in my opinion, guess would give this game a miss and stick with TS4 :)

So TS4 Does not have any commentary ? :(

just what i also pointed out. Everything except gameplay is top notch. They need to fix the gameplay and remove the stupid ball trail.

Those trails are really small & help identify the ball on courts with similar color of the ball , less troublesome to the eye , the trails in VT are annoying

Archived