Demon's Souls

KnackChap

Yeah. Why isnt there a marker on those red eyed thingies saying "DO NOT ENGAGE!" .

I cant even Jump. What sort of game doesnt let a person jump?

Play online as its meant to be played, there will be messages before that red guy, attack !!! or come back later !

See we no want taunting.. we want ideas//

1. Is barbarian a tough character to start with

2. That guy, not a red eyed one, the one on the other end of the bridge has pawned me a few times. how do i cut his balls

Start with any character - doesn't matter. I suggest royal or magician because magic makes the first world really easy when you're playing this for the first time.

For the blue eyed knight, roll and strike, roll and strike, roll and strike. Go up the stairs. Go to the right and clear off those irritating crossbow holders first. Then attack the knight.

Roll works, but I prefer parry + riposte. Spent 1-2 hours wandering in the first area doing only that and the game was comparatively easier than others once I could do it well. (magicians should be better with roll)

Besides you will need to master it eventually for a melee class, so no harm in doing it first.

Edited by Noctis

Whats the deal with me having only half my life bar? How can i get my hp bar back again

you're in spirit form - so half life bar. kill the blue eyed knight and then instead of going through the fog covered door go straight and go down the stairs carefully. at the bottom you'll find a Cling ring which will give you more life in spirit form. Didn't you read the part in the review which mentioned that if you die the game makes it tougher :roflroll:

How do u perfectly time the parry and riposte> I mean when do you block and when do u swing?

Practice on the first few enemies - easiest. Press L2 when the swing is about to hit you, press R1 right after.

How do u perfectly time the parry and riposte> I mean when do you block and when do u swing?

You only have to worry about the parry, there will be a short time gap after it to perform a riposte. The timing is right as the weapons comes, check this video as its much easier than explaining it.

But think well about this, because once you decide to learn parrying you will be following the path of the uber l33t ds players. :roflroll:

Even in pvp the usually ridiculous poles can be easily parried, but it also means instant death if you fail even once.

Edited by Noctis

You guys are worried about red eye knights? Wait till you see these nice things called dual katana wielding black skeletons - esp when the bastard jumps 10 feet and there's no block.

for me they are quite easy, as my purple flame shield has a high HITRES, i fear those reapers in 4-2 died a couple of timeas as usual, yet to try :samui:

:doh:

Just as the enemy is supposed to hit you, just at the EXACT moment parry and riposte, a little here and there i think you can still riposte but you'll have some damage, but i think there's no need to perfect it, since later you can't parry every enemy and you'll most probably carry a huge a*s shield, and you can only parry with the small shields.

btw lithu and madmage, anyone got the US version ?

I got mine from Canada, so it would be the US version

Bulo :samui: Let him get some levels and let's then invade him as a black phantom :doh:

@madmage: PAL it is so no co-op :P

Edited by abhinit90