Nintendo DS Owners

lastAvenger

well the idea is that flashcarts are to be used for hombrews, which is legal, Ninty lost a case for this, but pirated games is not legal.

Still Ninty has been after Amazon and eBay and have been succeeding to some extent in having them remove these from sales...

and dont mention flascarts to grey vendors, they dont understand that terminology...ask them for memory cards for DS or mention the names R4 or N5

P.S. - wow didnt know you were in Kerala! u a mallu da?

P.P,S. - dont waste money on the R4 cause if it stops working then you have to throw it away anyway. So buy the DS from there and i can courier you the R4...its around 700 bucks or so, comes with a USB card connector, driver you download from R4 site. I can get a Kingston 2GB microSD also for 250/300 bucks and mail that along also if you want. you can transfer the money to my ICICI account.

supercards are slow generally :fear:

R4's biggest problem was the spring loading mechanism for the mSD card which resulted in frequent breakage...which they have now fixed as of sometime last year (currently its a slot loading mechanism which means the card doesnt pop out but you have to use your nails to drag it out).

Where mah R4?

Where mah muhf***in R4!!!?

peace

spill the beans now :lol: missing JRPGs are ye?

4 ds's

1. DS phat (silver)

2. DS phat (teal, nintedogs special ed)

3. DS phat (white)

4. DS lite (black)

:wOOtjumpy:

also you can play Zelda MP all by yourself

Edit: forgot to add my own name

DS Lite Black aka Fingerprint Magnet Edition

Thanks Arun bhai.. w.r.t. http://www.IndianVideoGamer.com/forums/index....st&p=405268

But i am having a problem.. what i got as a flashcart is R4DS-A ( Advance..) .. which, with the help of google, can be confirmed as a fake.. The firmware running is N5 1.16.. I tried updating to the latest R4/N5/R4III etc firmwares but none of them work apart from the aforementioned one.. :)

The biggest problem is that it cant play the latest games ( arrrr -- oooo -- mmmmmmssss not allowed.. :hug: ).. Cant even play the ones released in 2008.. :fear: ..

Thats why i am really interested in getting another FC, maybe a CycloDSEvo or Acekard... havent heard much abt DSTT.. but Acekard seems to be a good bet (cheap + fast updates.. ) ..

Can anybody help..?? :giggle:

Edit: +1 NDSLite -- Silver.. :chair:

^^ .. yup... tried all the official firmwares of R4/N5 ( including the latest ones.. n oldies.. ).. even tried some of the unofficial ones available on GBATemp.. but nothing's working on the R4DS-A (confirmed fake..) apart from N5 1.16.. :samui: ..

Any info regarding procurement of CycloDsEvo / Acekard.. :samui:

No problem dude. You can order online from DealXtreme.com or someone here can get it for you.

PM Prashaant or Blackheart.

Thanks bro.. :samui: ..

But waiting for some friends to respond about it's availability in Palika Bazaar..

If nothing turns up, then will PM fellow GIans.. :samui:

P.P,S. - dont waste money on the R4 cause if it stops working then you have to throw it away anyway. So buy the DS from there and i can courier you the R4...its around 700 bucks or so, comes with a USB card connector, driver you download from R4 site. I can get a Kingston 2GB microSD also for 250/300 bucks and mail that along also if you want. you can transfer the money to my ICICI account.

Thanks, that would be great. :paagaldance: Let me first check a few more shops to see if they are selling a DS at the prices you guys mentioned.

btw, is R4 compatible with new games? I heard its developer closed around a year ago.

P.S. - wow didnt know you were in Kerala! u a mallu da?

Yeah. Are you from Kerala as well?

How strong is the DS's build? Is it safe to get it couriered as it would cost me some 1.5-2k less that way..

there shouldn't be any problem with the courier,the only problem with the ds lite is its hinge,so be cautious when using it,still it shouldn't be a big problem if it's kept away from hyper active kids or adults to some extent lol.

guys,please keep all the r4/flash cart talk out of here.

they aren't only used for piracy you know :wub: . the ds has an incredible homebrew scene which is legit... not as big as the psp scene i would say but great none the less.

i personally have a dark blue ds lite with a cyclo evo and an m3 ds simply. i barely touch my handhelds nowadays but if i do it's only for homebrew... for the nds, that usually means colors (http://colors.collectingsmiles.com/)

they aren't only used for piracy you know :) . the ds has an incredible homebrew scene which is legit... not as big as the psp scene i would say but great none the less.

i personally have a dark blue ds lite with a cyclo evo and an m3 ds simply. i barely touch my handhelds nowadays but if i do it's only for homebrew... for the nds, that usually means colors (http://colors.collectingsmiles.com/)

that makes you an exception not the rule y'knw?

Archived