SRINI87

Meet The Formula A – New Junior Build Available

Slightly Mad Studios have released the newest Junior build of their WMD-powered Project CARS title, giving all members the chance to catch up with the latest developments of the quickly evolving title.

The new Junior build is packed to the brim with all the exciting new features & improvements that have been introduced with the weekly builds since the last Junior release, including several new content items and vast progress in key aspects of the simulation.

First and foremost, the new build introduces a first version of the brand-new 2011 Formula A car to Project CARS, giving members access to a top-level open wheeler featuring all the bells and whistles of modern Formula racing such as state of the art aerodynamics and more than 700hp of engine power.

fa01c.jpg

Build 144 also marks the first time Junior members get to try several new content items that have been added during the past few weeks, including the Ariel Atom V8, the 250cc Superkart and the Northampton Circuit.

Furthermore, the build delivers a completely revamped input and force Feedback model as our developers have been making breakthrough improvements in these areas during the past few weeks.

To go along with the much more refined, detailed and precise input and force feedback, the cars have received comprehensive physics updates based on the feedback of our Physics and Handling Consultant, former Stig, Ben Collins.

Other key features of the build include:

• Driver animations including leg & fingers micromovement

• Multi-class racing

• Fully-adjustable AI

• Ultra high detail car models

• Reworked UI system

• More powerful Leaderboards system with web access

• Improved versions of various tracks

• New liveries for various cars

• Track map added to HUD

• Physics & graphics updates for various cars

• Race up to 64 AI cars

• Improved setup & controller setting screens

• New legends driver model & helmet

• …and much, much more

src:Wmdportal

Saw this at Gaf

There's an important poll in the forums regarding the shipping model (boxed and Steam vs F2P+microtransactions).

Thanks for the heads up on this, I'm running over to vote, and also to flaunt my wimpy manager credentials as I vote. =P

*edit* 97% of votes so far are for boxed+Steam, apparently. It was 1,632 to 44 when I voted. Still, I imagine we should all vote just to be sure!

Also, someone asked if additional DLC would be available for both options, and apparently that is the next poll depending on what comes out of this one. So, it seems they may actually be listening to fans on this. We had some people worrying about that, right? ;) Of course, I know they might ignore the polls, but I consider this poll an encouraging sign.

Dude, read that again. That's not applicable to everyone. It's only for the beta testers aka the current share owners of the game. It's only for those who're receiving the builds now. And confusion looms over that too. But for the normal buyer like you and me, I guess it'll be proper pricing.

New “Full Member” Tier Available

Full membership of Project CARS is available for a one-time payment of 45€, Junior or Team Members who don’t wish to upgrade will receive a discount on the finished title, Juniors will be getting 10€ off while Team Members will receive the title for 25€ less.

src:wmdportal

updated_carskvkjv.png

Archived