The Last Guardian

KnackChap

They've got a fan mag? Thats a long way from Ico selling 10,000 copies (or thereabouts) in all PAL territories combined.

its revealed already , thats the link above my post now from the link I posted

Merry Christmas Message

When the year is coming to a close all of us tend look back at the past twelve months and see what we went through. The same can be applied to the world of video games.

Speaking for the site and community, 2008 has been a terrific year. There were some unexpected hiccups along the way, but the loyalty of the readers and community members shined through. Over these past months I've seen people constantly support me and the site; something which gives me the much needed motivation to continue with this project I embarked on in 2006. Figures have been great, with the site this year reaching half a million unique visitors. But numbers are just that, figures with little importance when compared to the real goal of this website. 2008 has seen a dramatic increase of awareness of Team ICO and their games. From rumours appearing out of nowhere, expected showings at events like E3, Games Convention and Tokyo Game Show, to the general discussion on forums across the internet, ICO and Shadow of the Colossus have never seen so much popularity.

Team ICO are people who best showcase the growth of the video game industry from something that delivers mindless fun to making people realize and admit that games can be indeed called beautiful. Much has been discussed about games and whether they can be defined as art or not. Leaving that argument aside no one can deny that ICO and Shadow of the Colossus make players feel different. These games create a connection between the worlds and characters presented within and those who play them. Technically speaking, both games pushed the PlayStation 2 forward in different ways. ICO presented AI and use of lighting unseen in games before. Shadow of the Colossus outdid that effort and pushed the PlayStation 2 to feats unimaginable on the console. This beauty and technical achievement married create a unique and fun experience that has become the signature of their creators. It is no surprise, therefore, that Team ICO's next effort is highly anticipated, even more so than its predecessors.

It has been three years since Shadow of the Colossus was released, and all we've seen of Team ICO's new PlayStation 3 project is a single image. It's not even a full picture since it has been cut from the middle to hide what's tied to that chain. Even so, this half picture created numerous discussions - I've even seen forums with threads spanning 200 pages based on that image. With nothing else to see, many feel they've lost some of the enthusiasm they had about this new game. When we're bombarded with new pictures and videos of games still years ahead it's easy to feel like this about the titles we truly care about. Some consolation may come from why this news and media blackout exists. We haven't been shown the new game because Fumito Ueda and his talented team want to impress us in the best possible way, so when they do reveal what they've been working on for three years we can come to the conclusion that this new title is a worthy successor of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. It's hard to wait, but imagine what it feels like for these individuals who have spent so many days, months and years working on something they can't talk about or show.

I wish everyone a merry Christmas, and soon to be new year. We have lots to look forward to in 2009. In a few hours I'll be linking you to a little surprise for all fans and readers. It's just a little thing to thank each and every single one of you and tell you how much your stay on the site is appreciated. It's not something like some websites are declaring to be huge news. It's a token of thanks, and I hope you all accept it wholeheartedly.

First Christmas Surprise

Link: http://www.tigmagazine.com/mini-sites/xmas08/xmas08.html

Do you notice anything new when compared to the old image?

3535v2h.jpg

That's an artist reconstruction of the job postings picture revealed last January.

And like many of you guessed the anagram does indeed reveal a date, February 2009 - which is relevant to the site itself and not Team ICO's new game.

Second Christmas surprise

The 'Giants are coming' lost feature; an in-depth look at the preparation, production, execution and public response of the Shadow of the Colossus 'Giants' viral campaign.

3025094928_3c512cb900.jpg

Includes:

- Hi-res images of the giants;

- Making-of and pre-vizualization material;

- Production pictures and video;

- Live podcast and radio show recordings;

- Storyboards;

- Exclusive interview with the people responsible for the campaign and 'Re-living the coming of the giants' feature.

Available on the 1st January 2009, exclusive till the end of Janurary to all Eurogamers group

Third Christmas Surprise

As some of you guessed the anagram in the first surprise page reads a date; February 2009. This date marks the release of the first issue of the printed edition of Team ICO Games Magazine. The first issue, which will be published in February will contain not only all interviews and featured on the site but exclusive material just for the printed edition.

What's best is that the magazine will be available to get at no additional cost other than printing expenses. More on this as February draws close.

Draft cover (don't mind pricing and date, those are placeholders.)

2ign23t.png

One more thing: The magazine will be first available in English and then in Italian in March/April.

HOLYSHIT <f**kmonicabellucciIf**kingwantTHIS>

To be clear, all these revelations (including the Christmas message) are from the fan site and not Team Ico themselves?

I haven't read it all so please clue me in :)

And what does the Eurogamer group get exactly as an exclusive? The magazine? How much is it?

To be clear, all these revelations (including the Christmas message) are from the fan site and not Team Ico themselves?

I haven't read it all so please clue me in :)

And what does the Eurogamer group get exactly as an exclusive? The magazine? How much is it?

1st surprise is the hint given directly from Team ICO to various sites which revealed February 2009 when arranged , 2nd surprise is the Exclusive in-depth look at the development Available on the 1st January 2009, exclusive till the end of Janurary to all Eurogamers group.3rd Surprise is the info from Team ICO and THEIR OWN MAG to hit the shelves , 1st ever issue , in Feb 2009 in english.

Ultimately doing 700,000 :)

The first print was selling was insane prices on Ebay. They never expected it to sell either, which is why it got a limited run first off. The new figures are from the reprint that came before the SotC release.

1st surprise is the hint given directly from Team ICO to various sites which revealed February 2009 when arranged , 2nd surprise is the Exclusive in-depth look at the development Available on the 1st January 2009, exclusive till the end of Janurary to all Eurogamers group.3rd Surprise is the info from Team ICO and THEIR OWN MAG to hit the shelves , 1st ever issue , in Feb 2009 in english.

hmmm...i think u'r wrong on all 3 account

1. the pic by team ico didn't have any anagram...this message by tigmagazine.com did http://www.tigmagazine.com/mini-sites/xmas08/xmas08.html

As some of you have guessed the anagram reads a date; February 2009 - a date which is relevant to the site itself and not Team ICO's new game since all this surprise was for regular readers. Merry Christmas! PS - This picture is an artist recomposition of the January '08 job postings image.

2. the in-depth look at development is just (perhaps unseen) information about the pre-release viral campaign of Shadow Of the Colossus involving giants emerging in various parts of the world. this doesn't have anything to do with the new game's development

3. i dont think tigmagazine.com is an official team ico magazine. from what i could figure out its a team ico fan translating their japanese interviews into english

Edited by ghb

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GDC 09: Team Ico Game to be closer to Ico than SotC

During a joint panel at GDC 2009, the developers of Shadow of Colossus, Fallout 3 and No More Heroes all spoke of their latest projects.

Goichi Suda, creator of No More Heroes, took the chance to ask a question that's been on everyone's lips.

"I think I'll represent everybody's question in asking about Mr. Ueda's new game."

Fumito Ueda, creator of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, let loose some information regarding Team ICO's next game, after being initially secretive about the game.

"...Well, probably it will be similar to the past... we are struggling. The essence of the game is rather close to Ico." :D

• 1 month later...