The Travel Thread

MAK

Tum sala despo log. Fogug. This thread is for travel related queries only. Chance marneka alag se thread kholo :P

Repostibg my original query

Planning to travel to us in November. Would be a solo backpacking trip. Have planned for 15-20 days. Any tips regarding cheap travel arrangements are welcome.

Also people say that US tourist visa is difficult to get and rejection rate is high. Many of my friend's have got their visa rejected 2-3 times. Any info on this? Sala mera visa reject kiya toh rone lagunga udhar hi. Fkin 10k down the drain

@GS. Use Qatar Airways or you can Lufthansa too. (If you are going to New York) It's around 65-68k per person. And yes US visa is hard to get. Are you going there by yourself ? I mean are you using tour guides like makemytrip? or Just alone?

@GS. Use Qatar Airways or you can Lufthansa too. (If you are going to New York) It's around 65-68k per person. And yes US visa is hard to get. Are you going there by yourself ? I mean are you using tour guides like makemytrip? or Just alone?

Alone. Tour things are rip off. Any 1 over here been through the visa process?

godspeed,

Trust me on this, the US visa is one of the easiest to get and if you get refused it 'maybe' 10K lost, but if you get it, it's perhaps the cheapest Visa in today's time, for that much you end up with a 10 year Multiple Entry Visa.

Most people get rejected based on the fact that they are 'NOT' eligible OR goofed up the form DS160 OR Lied.... OR in some cases did not get even though they had no wrong intentions, trust me the last bit happens mostly only to old retired SINGLE parents where the kids are in the US and sponsoring them, where the Visa Officer is always going to assume they are not going to return.

Coming back just follow these simple steps and you will get it,

1. If possible in the field of 'Who will pay' try to make it 'Self' esp. if your monthly income on Paper exceeds 70,000 INR. Even if someone else will pay, just write self for the interview.

2. Keep the DS160 as Simple as possible, use brief words, don't write essays in any fields, it's pretty much what will issue or decline your Visa. The interview is only a formality, your decision is in 99% cases taken based on the DS160 itself.

3. I do not know your age / marital status but if you are young, and single, I recommend you apply with your parents, and if Married, then apply with wife, even if she does not travel with you it's ok. But if you are Single, just make your form strong, like I said good monthly income + self paid trip is a huge bonus.

4. If you are too young and income on paper is not much, and assuming your Parents will sponsor your trip try ensure your dad's Income is over 1,00,000 a Month. Honestly speaking, Documents mean nothing for a US Visa, in most cases they will never ask for a single document, unless they find something fishy, so don't trust anyone if they say take this or that or give you advises like keep a heavy bank balance etc. it's rubbish and will not help you at all.

5. While you intend to travel for 15 days, I recommend you fill the form as 4 weeks, these damn officers assume anyone going all the way to US and just for such a short first trip are fishy, as weird as it sounds thats how their internal system checks are.

6. Where will you stay, try to write hotel name and say that the first city you will be in a hotel, rest can be with friends / family etc. If you have blood relatives in US please mention them, or else please avoid any such mentions. (The DS160 on their systems alert all such relations as RED, meaning HIGH RISK)

7. In occupation, keep it simple, if you work in your own business, and your business card says you are a AVP or whatever, out here just stick to I Own XYZ.

Any other questions just message me, will do all I can to answer, half my family works at the pentagon so I have little idea on how the DS160 works :)

Just go have fun, and seriously 15-20 days is little too short for US, I'd say just do NYC in that much!

the visa process?

• Like 1

I'll give you few examples of rejections, it might help you understand the background of DS160 and how it works better,

1. Old mother, dead husband, son is settled in the US, and sponsors her, she will be rejected no matter how many times she tries, unless the Son files for an honest immigration petition.

2. Young Couple, Educated, but less income in India, and mention family in the U.S, will be rejected because they have a potential to earn a lot more there, even if their intentions are not to go work there.

3. Mr. / Mrs. 'X' mentions a large income in the form, lets say 10 Lac a month, and then says trip will be paid by someone else, again will come under high scrutiny as logically if someone makes that much money for them the assumption is they can and will self sponsor. (Please note I am only speaking of Visitor Visas)

4. Anyone who has previously overstayed, or illegally worked, or done anything adverse will be rejected

I personally know someone in Bombay, who like an Idiot wrote 5 Crore as his income and mentioned his uncle in US will sponsor him, all he was asked is if you have such a high income here why would you need a sponsor? And was refused.

Like I said, just know this much the DS160 is what gets or rejects the Visa, nothing else matters.

I'll give you few examples of rejections, it might help you understand the background of DS160 and how it works better,

1. Old mother, dead husband, son is settled in the US, and sponsors her, she will be rejected no matter how many times she tries, unless the Son files for an honest immigration petition.

2. Young Couple, Educated, but less income in India, and mention family in the U.S, will be rejected because they have a potential to earn a lot more there, even if their intentions are not to go work there.

3. Mr. / Mrs. 'X' mentions a large income in the form, lets say 10 Lac a month, and then says trip will be paid by someone else, again will come under high scrutiny as logically if someone makes that much money for them the assumption is they can and will self sponsor. (Please note I am only speaking of Visitor Visas)

4. Anyone who has previously overstayed, or illegally worked, or done anything adverse will be rejected

I personally know someone in Bombay, who like an Idiot wrote 5 Crore as his income and mentioned his uncle in US will sponsor him, all he was asked is if you have such a high income here why would you need a sponsor? And was refused.

Like I said, just know this much the DS160 is what gets or rejects the Visa, nothing else matters.

Actually i was about to text you and ask about the stuff, but i thought that all the questions would only bother you.

It all makes sense now, 2 of my friends who have been rejected more than 3 times have their blood brothers living in USA. both of them were rejected saying that they were potential immigrant threats. I have my 1st cousin, who was working/interning for NASA and is now in some private company. Do you think i should avoid mentioning him completely?

US visa are tricky, since a lot of many apply for them, rejections are higher in numbers too.

But I have myself seen people getting visa without a single question being asked to them, and that happens probably because of having clean form.

But if you have visited a few countries in west Europe, AUS/nz....for studies, visit, business...you should get it much easier.

[

This place is Jharipani, Uttarakhand. Went there with some friends last month. Very near to mussoorie. But much much better.

Nice place Wave. I am very much fond of such places. Close to Mumbai the only such place is the tiger point in lonavala.

US visa are tricky, since a lot of many apply for them, rejections are higher in numbers too.

But I have myself seen people getting visa without a single question being asked to them, and that happens probably because of having clean form.

But if you have visited a few countries in west Europe, AUS/nz....for studies, visit, business...you should get it much easier.

I have studied in UK for 2 years and have the work visa for additional 2 years. Have been to Egypt, Jordan, Thailand (3ice), sri Lanka , Maldives and Cambodia. But I guess these 3rd world countries would not help. Only UK would be helpful.

But the advice given by zelda is godly. Really informative, will show it to my friends

Stay at the Oberoi, recently they even had a wonderful offer for about 450 Usd which included a lot of extras, the hotel industry there has had a terrible few months you can really negotiate well with them

Guys, planning a trip to Mauritius. Suggest hotels/resorts, places to visit and any other smart tip.. Quick Quick!!

• Like 1

Stay at the Oberoi, recently they even had a wonderful offer for about 450 Usd which included a lot of extras, the hotel industry there has had a terrible few months you can really negotiate well with them

Yup.. Hubby booked Oberoi. Time to go beach happy!! Yay!