Starhawk

Karooo

so this game is a transformers rip off is it?

Thats just one of the many features of the game.

Besides transformers itself was a rip off of mecha anime of that time.

We gamers are a very hard bunch to please. A very good example is, when a sequel to a very famous game is announced:

Situation-1: The sequel (X2) is similar to the previous game (X).

Our response: Meh the game looks more like X1.5 than a proper sequel. It's more of the same.

Situation 2: If the developer tries to put some new elements in the game, tries to change the formula.

Our response: Meh they have completely changed the game, f**k them.

We gamers are a very hard bunch to please. A very good example is, when a sequel to a very famous game is announced:

Situation-1: The sequel (X2) is similar to the previous game (X).

Our response: Meh the game looks more like X1.5 than a proper sequel. It's more of the same.

Situation 2: If the developer tries to put some new elements in the game, tries to change the formula.

Our response: Meh they have completely changed the game, f**k them.

bigyellowgrin.gif

I had , loved the game and flying mechanics but it it seemed everyone always pwnt me , never had a KDR of over 0.3 in anygame, ever

so did not play it a lot , it is still there on my HDD

It was a simple game of rock-paper-scissor (on foot>jeep>tank>plane>on foot with launcher/near turret), as long as you understood this you could do well in the game irrespective of your aiming skills. It was mostly snap-on autoaim anyways.

Even with tank VS another tank i always lost

It was maybe because i was playing so much time after release that only veterans were playing

Actually imo warhawk was > all. A team with a few good pilots could really beat down a team without, and it's very difficult to build up any sort of momentum against them. The best thing you could do was defend your base and turtle it out.

Actually imo warhawk was > all. A team with a few good pilots could really beat down a team without, and it's very difficult to build up any sort of momentum against them. The best thing you could do was defend your base and turtle it out.

Actually, your time in the plane was the shortest because there were so many ways one could bring it down. And you couldn't bail out and survive unless you were close to ground. Plus you couldn't carry the flag in them (obviously), which made them kinda useless in CTF. I just used them for quick transportation mainly or when trying to escape in a hurry.

Actually, your time in the plane was the shortest because there were so many ways one could bring it down. And you couldn't bail out and survive unless you were close to ground. Plus you couldn't carry the flag in them (obviously), which made them kinda useless in CTF. I just used them for quick transportation mainly or when trying to escape in a hurry.

As many ways as there were to take out warhawks, it was way too easy to dodge unless you were shot with a turret point blank. You're not gonna get shot down by a tank unless you were almost stationary while attacking ground targets. And if you did lose some health it was easy enough to just run away and pick up a health pack. On the other hand, there's almost nothing a ground squad can do against a trio of warhawks sh*ting down all kinds of bombs and missiles on top of 'em, besides luckily finding a hiding spot and waiting for them to pass by.

Warhawks were what made the game for me personally. I spent almost all my game time in warhawks. It took a long time to get the hang of piloting them but it was so worth it.

And yeah while you couldn't carry flags in warhawks, a team with good pilots could almost ensure their flag never gets taken while giving excellent cover for their teammates when trying to steal the flag. They could really control the flow of the match.

As many ways as there were to take out warhawks, it was way too easy to dodge unless you were shot with a turret point blank.

Not if you're in a missile turret. Half my kills in the game are from missile turret shooting pilots, even got that medal for it lol. Just wait for them to get in range, lock on and fire away. Its extremely difficult to shake turret missiles unless you have chaff. They introduced boost very late in the game, explicitly to dodge missiles because people complained its very easy to shoot down a plane with turret. I've killed Warhawks with tanks when they're in hover mode, its very easy, one hit kill, killed them with jeep turret, takes only one full clip. Best one is when you're on foot and one of them tries to kill you thinking its an easy target, then you pull out your launcher and the dude hits boost and runs away :rofl:

Not if you're in a missile turret. Half my kills in the game are from missile turret shooting pilots, even got that medal for it lol. Just wait for them to get in range, lock on and fire away. Its extremely difficult to shake turret missiles unless you have chaff. They introduced boost very late in the game, explicitly to dodge missiles because people complained its very easy to shoot down a plane with turret. I've killed Warhawks with tanks when they're in hover mode, its very easy, one hit kill, killed them with jeep turret, takes only one full clip. Best one is when you're on foot and one of them tries to kill you thinking its an easy target, then you pull out your launcher and the dude hits boost and runs away :rofl:

Lol YES, guys with missile launchers were damn annoying >_< Them and their guerilla tactics. And when I got the game boost was already in. But yeah, unless I was right next to a missile turret, it wasn't too hard to dodge. The alarm gives you plenty of time to deploy the chaffs, and even if you don't have one it is possible to dodge or at worst get hit by one missile.

After that I'd go after the turret and take him out with ease :| Theres plenty of safe, long range options for the warhawk such as invisibility, homing missiles, the uhh... electric gun thing, and the cluster bomb that can instantly take out the turret from uplcose once invisibility helps you get there. As for tanks my straetgy was to always keep moving even when attacking ground targets in hover mode. They CAN still take me out, but it's pretty rare for it to happen. And lol jeep turrets, yeah I've done that too. I've even took one out with a standard rifle xD But that's only cos they let me. The guys who knew what they were doing boosted away and came back with a cluster bomb x_x

Archived