The Travel Thread

MAK

We didn't get the huts since they were occupied..but they are very close to the shore.. The beach is beautiful, less crowded, more private yet safe. There are some very nice french eating places close by and some awesome spa joints as well..

There is this open air -trance party place bang opposite the resort..I am sure you'll like it.. Have fun!

Thanks for additional info megz.

I booked their beach cottage package. Costed me 5400+ 980(Airport pick ups). So it's good, and well in my budget.

Main thing is, this resort is located on little vagator, so beach is less crowdy as per some reviews.

Thanks for additional info megz.

I booked their beach cottage package. Costed me 5400+ 980(Airport pick ups). So it's good, and well in my budget.

Main thing is, this resort is located on little vagator, so beach is less crowdy as per some reviews.

Yup the beach is less crowded..U just walk down the beach ahead of your cottage and guys can get awesome Massage right on the beach..

Do attend the Open Air Trance Party..Good fun!

Have a blast!

• 4 weeks later...

Saving a for a Trip to these two places combine.........

Witnessed snow, European structures,SE Asia blah.. blah... But i love this combination...

Mauritius + Dubai (At one side we have lush and beautiful beaches/b*tches.. :P, And the other side, The Skyline & the Desert.)

Been searching for that since past 2 months, Once my onsite gets over, Will be planning for August/September. (Me & my bro)

Mostly bcoz of my bro, He haven't visited to any foreign places yet, so I thought this would be a great chance before either of ours marriage.....

This is what I searched in Net :-

Double Bonanza

The offer expires on May 12th I guess, March 31st was last, but it got extended and the price got increased from 66K to 75K per person.

Anyway I just wanted to know that any of u guys had trip to these places combine ?? I have been to Dubai (My Aunt also stays there) [Dubai is a common place for anyone who visit EU] but always heard about Mauritius but never really got chance.

Suggestions welcome:- But only if you have been to Mauritius or Mauritius & Dubai.

• 2 weeks later...

I need some information from people who've travelled to Europe before.

The health insurance that I need to show for a schengen visa needs to only cover the duration of my travel right? or should it cover the entire 90 days mentioned in the visa?

On a side note, I hate the fact that schengen tourist visa is so short term, 6 month with a 90 day limit.

It sucks to apply twice every year if you want to be free from all travel limitations, and believe me when I say that you'd want that when you're living here, cause moving about is so cheap, a ticket to Paris would cost me 20 pounds compared to a train ticket to London which costs me 50 pounds..lol. Some of my friends were able to get extremely long term schengen tourist visa (one has it for 3 years, the other has it for 5 years) cause they had contacts inside the Embassy. I'm trying to look around to find contacts as well, but for now I've taken an appointment at the German embassy in London cause the schedule was so busy. I'll be able to arrange an invitations for myself from my German friends but if not that I can always book a room and show conformations and then cancel the room bookings later :P

Edited by praveer

I need some information from people who've travelled to Europe before.

The health insurance that I need to show for a schengen visa needs to only cover the duration of my travel right? or should it cover the entire 90 days mentioned in the visa?

On a side note, I hate the fact that schengen tourist visa is so short term, 6 month with a 90 day limit.

It sucks to apply twice every year if you want to be free from all travel limitations, and believe me when I say that you'd want that when you're living here, cause moving about is so cheap, a ticket to Paris would cost me 20 pounds compared to a train ticket to London which costs me 50 pounds..lol. Some of my friends were able to get extremely long term schengen tourist visa (one has it for 3 years, the other has it for 5 years) cause they had contacts inside the Embassy. I'm trying to look around to find contacts as well, but for now I've taken an appointment at the German embassy in London cause the schedule was so busy. I'll be able to arrange an invitations for myself from my German friends but if not that I can always book a room and show conformations and then cancel the room bookings later :P

only the duration you are travelling

Hello, I am planning a trip to Leh-Ladakh in the last week of may or 1st week of June for 5-6 days.

Please provide me information about where to stay, what to see and how to go about it.

I will like to travel by Car from Delhi. So which route to take.

Mauritius/Maldives/Seychelles anyone ?

Which is a better place with beautiful beaches, Seychelles and Mauritius are a bit expensive.... than Maldives also i heard Maldives is only Water and lonely... apart from snorkeling there isn't much to do while Mauritius provides some sight seeing apart from beaches...

Any input from you guys....

Mauritius/Maldives/Seychelles anyone ?

Which is a better place with beautiful beaches, Seychelles and Mauritius are a bit expensive.... than Maldives also i heard Maldives is only Water and lonely... apart from snorkeling there isn't much to do while Mauritius provides some sight seeing apart from beaches...

Any input from you guys....

Maldives is for a relaxed holiday, go in an all inclusive package, drink and relax. Our resort took us to male tour for 6 hours, but other then that its beautiful beaches. You can go for submarine trip and other activities but they will be expensive. Not been to seychelles or Mauritius so can't comment.

Maldives is for a relaxed holiday, go in an all inclusive package, drink and relax. Our resort took us to male tour for 6 hours, but other then that its beautiful beaches. You can go for submarine trip and other activities but they will be expensive. Not been to seychelles or Mauritius so can't comment.

Fine. Will look into that.

Thanks for the suggestion buddy. Btw, How expensive can the submarine trip... Also any Corals by chance like in Mauritius.

i think it costs 250$ for one hour trip, i din't go for it.I went windsurfing and did some more activities. There are corals around and Snorkelling is awesome fun. You can go around in the resort itself and see alot of fishes just by going some 20-30 metres from the beach. It is awesome fun.

Also as i said earlier if you go make sure to take up all inclusive package, until ofcourse some one does not drink in the group of people travelling.

PARIS help needed...

Planning a 1 week trip to Paris in August, with parents, wife and sis. A post retirement treat to dad.

anyone been there?

any idea on the rental apartments out there? are they safe, worth the money?

whats the best area to stay? things not to miss...

any gyan would be great.