PS3 FAQ

CarbonCore

Thanks bro.....I think it's best to settle for the dongle like you said. I was just afraid that sony might've dropped the support for it after all this CFW mayhem.

The won't drop the support for USB sound cards because that is the only way to connect wired headsets for voice chat to PS3. A USB headset is the same thing as USB dongle + normal headset, just that in usb headset, the circuit of the dongle (i.e., the sound card) resides inside the headset itself. So, there is no way they can detect whether it is a USB sound card or USB headset connected to the PS3 (Well, technically, they can find out if you connected a USB sound card without the headphone attached).

Anyways, don't be :ko: 'ed by all the jargon above. Buy a USB headset or a USB sound card + normal headset. It will work.

The won't drop the support for USB sound cards because that is the only way to connect wired headsets for voice chat to PS3. A USB headset is the same thing as USB dongle + normal headset, just that in usb headset, the circuit of the dongle (i.e., the sound card) resides inside the headset itself. So, there is no way they can detect whether it is a USB sound card or USB headset connected to the PS3 (Well, technically, they can find out if you connected a USB sound card without the headphone attached).

Anyways, don't be :ko: 'ed by all the jargon above. Buy a USB headset or a USB sound card + normal headset. It will work.

Ah.....don't worry bro.....it's not jargon to me

Got it clear, USB headphones it is then :thumbsup:

Guys, finally got a mic. Had to settle for a bluetooth mic coz USB ones were too costly :wallbash:

How does the mic thing work? I've been used to manual mics (where you press a button to talk).....using this one I just converse as if on a phone call. Does it filter in my voice alone or all background sounds (including other's voices) is heard at the other endl? just wanted to know :huh:

Oh, and what do you think is a decent price for a bluetooth mic? :fear:

Can anyone give a full tutorial for how to connect net to PS3 via USB modem or cell Modem.

Whats gadgets and wires will be required..??

AFAIK

you can use only a physical LAN connection or wifi to connect ps3 to the net. USB modems or cell Connection through USB wont work.

But you can connect your usb modem to a pc and share the connection through the pc.

^ u have to share the internet connection... the usb movem/cell modem connection.... then the ps3 lan connection will be able to access the internet...

Can u tell the steps..??of how to do that..

go to my network places > view network connections > right click ur internet conn n select properties > advanced tab > internet conn sharing section n check the box that says allow other network users to connect thru this computers net conn

*this is for xp... shud be something similar for other OS's as well

go to my network places > view network connections > right click ur internet conn n select properties > advanced tab > internet conn sharing section n check the box that says allow other network users to connect thru this computers net conn

*this is for xp... shud be something similar for other OS's as well

I have vista..

Hey guys,

I've connected my PS3 to a monitor (via HDMI to DVI convertor).

The thing is my monitor's native res. is 1600 x 900.

But my PS3 doesn't render it. If I select Full HD, then my monitor keeps throwing a "Display mode not optimum" error hardprinted to the screen. But the image quality looks and feels good. But I can't stick with it because of the hard printed message. It doesn't show an error at 720p which is low for my monitor I guess. Isn't there a way to fix this (like the option to choose the res. like in xbox)?

This isn't a major problem but certainly it would be better if I can get slightly higher res. anything equal to or above 1400 x 900.

Archived