GOG.com - Download Classic Games

Bulovski

Got Fallout ones :bigyellowgrin:

@Spin, freespace same as Fallout?? I have heard of them but haven't paid much attention.

Is it worth getting? I mean I luv fallout.

freespace has nothing to do with fallout. the latter is an rpg series. freespace is a space sim. a genre that sadly died out right around the time this 'next gen' of consoles started. go check out the reviews for the game man, see if it's something that interests you.

How are the following games:

Baldur's Gate 2

Icewind Dale 2

They are out for 10$. I was thinking of getting them if theya re any good

BG2 is the most balanced and probably the pinnacle of the RPG experience. It's the closest to the pen and paper dnd experience one can get.

IWD makes the toughest games of this generation seem a cakewalk. IWD is much more difficult than IWD2. IWD2 is again of the scope of BG2. Slightly better gameplay mechanics than BG2 because the former uses DnD 3.0 rules as opposed to 2.0. IWD2 has more battles than BG2 - mainly because of the setting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Spin, freespace same as Fallout?? I have heard of them but haven't paid much attention.

Freespace 2 is one of the best games I have ever played and its till being upgraded by a dedicated modding community. If you are even remotely interested in space sims its worth the current price of $5.99, or even $60.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

GOG.com to relaunch with indie, mainstream new releases

CD Projekt’s vintage gaming portal, Good Old Games, will shed its current moniker in favour of the simpler “GOG” as part of its overhaul as a more broadly-focussed digital distributor.

20120327gog.jpg

GOG.com’s bright and shining new website, which was teased last week, goes live at 9:00AM GMT on Tuesday, and brings more than a cosmetic upgrade.

Gamespot reports site will begin offering new release indie titles, starting with Trine 2 and The Whispered World, with other favourites like Machinarium, Darwinia and Spacechem to follow.

Moreover, the service will soon support mainstream releaes as well, beginning one to three years after their general release.

All games released through GOG.com will maintain CD Projekt’s firm anti-DRM stance, which likely explains the expected delay on traditionally published games, which generally have timed contractual obligations with regards to DRM.

That said, CD Projekt’s co-founder Marcin Iwinski said the delay is inspired by a gap in the digital distribution market.

“There are hundreds of great games released every year from publishers of every imaginable size. When you have a huge catalog filled with classics, it’s very hard to sell an older game without putting in on steep discount,” he said.

“At GOG.com, they know that even top-selling franchises might not be top-of-mind at the moment, and when they release a game on our service, they take the time to make it special, to give it its day in the sun, and generally showcase the value of the game to our audience.”

Iwinski also said that constant promotional sales undercuts the value of games.

“I believe a huge majority of digital distribution platforms (from Apple’s App store to Valve’s Steam, and many others) have become gigantic black holes that sign hundreds of titles and run tons of promotional sales,” he said.

“Running so many discounts decreases the perceived value of our entire entertainment media. When you can buy a bundle of fantastic indie games for $1, it’s that much harder to convince someone to shell out $10 to try one indie game.”

CD Projekt remains firmly committed to its role as a global distributor, too, and won’t capitulate to publisher demands for regional pricing.

“TYou cannot claim to be a global distribution platform and then decide that you’re only ‘kind of’ global, that you will only sell games to some people. That’s against GOG.com’s founding value of fairness,” Iwinski said.

“Just to show you how seriously GOG treats this matter, there are even games that they refused to sign because some users would not be able to purchase them due to banned in-game content in some countries. GOG.com’s games will always be available to everybody worldwide at a fair and unified price. This is one of GOG’s pillars and they will gladly and stubbornly stick to it.”

Archived