Power outage while using PS3

ganeshran

Will frequent power outages during using PS3 affect the console?

I dont have power backup at home and power supply can be unreliable at times. Im using a voltage stabilizer which is hooked to a surge protecter. Should I be taking any additional precautions?

Yes, there have been reports of hard disk getting corrupted due to direct shutdowns. Also, save games are corrupted when the PS3 shuts down while saving. This can cause a big head ache for you.

Try to get a good UPS. There are topics about UPS for PS3 here, search them for recommendations.

Yesterday I was downloading the Ninja Gaiden demo in the background. Powercut happened but the download resumed where it left off.

Also one more question, if a powercut happens and the display turns off. How do you guys turn it off without seeing the TV? :scratchchin:

Yesterday I was downloading the Ninja Gaiden demo in the background. Powercut happened but the download resumed where it left off.

Also one more question, if a powercut happens and the display turns off. How do you guys turn it off without seeing the TV? :scratchchin:

The download will surely RESUME without any problem but when u start installing it, it will give error taht CORRUPTED DOWNLOAD.

Also if the display goes off, we just press the POWER button once and wait till the RED LIGHT comes up :)

There is one way to download via PC and then transferring over PS3 but that requires u have router set up with your computer or even a laptop with AD-HOC will work.

@AMBAR - u dont have any power cuts in PUNE? :O

The download will surely RESUME without any problem but when u start installing it, it will give error taht CORRUPTED DOWNLOAD.

Also if the display goes off, we just press the POWER button once and wait till the RED LIGHT comes up :)

There is one way to download via PC and then transferring over PS3 but that requires u have router set up with your computer or even a laptop with AD-HOC will work.

@AMBAR - u dont have any power cuts in PUNE? :O

How do you download PSN games on PC? I would love this since the download on my PS3 is slower than on the PC.

Oh I didnt try installing it yet. Let me try now.

Edit: You were right. game was corrrupted :wallbash::furious: :furious:

Get this UPS...

http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=br800i

Don't take risk buy a UPS...

One game gone from budget :ack:

btw is 800VA necessary. Cant I buy the 600 VA for Rs 2000? Also is the pure sinewave input thingy necessary for current PS3 slim. I read about it in the older threads.

I just use a cheap/small UMAX brand UPS, that I got for around 1200-1300. No problems during the temporary powercuts(max 1-2 minutes) that we have. And I also plug my monitor into that same UPS to get pictures in power cuts.

600VA or 550VA just for PS3 is enough

800VA or 1.1KVA can take your PS3+TV; the latter can take some more electronics too.

All from APC. They are really good.

I am planning on getting a 600VA for my PS3 soon. The frequent powercuts are a headache.

600VA or 550VA just for PS3 is enough

800VA or 1.1KVA can take your PS3+TV; the latter can take some more electronics too.

All from APC. They are really good.

I am planning on getting a 600VA for my PS3 soon. The frequent powercuts are a headache.

Thanks. let me check out the 800 VA one. I dont really need backup for my tv but there is no reliable way to find out if the firmware upgrade is completed if power goes, nor do I know a good way to exit the game and shut down the system without the display.

use ps3 proxy server to download games via pc

turn off ur stream server

:eyebrow: I didnt get you. What good will that do during a power outage?

Archived