Alan Wake

SchizoidFreud

I remember buying Myst and The Journeyman Project Turbo at the same time and enjoying TJP a lot more :(

Edit: And Syberia 2 was a bit of a let down after the first. Paradise was also very average. I still admire Sokal's art though.

Edited by keyofx

Alan Wake Update

From: http://www.unscripted360.com/2008/06/02/alan-wake-update/

I can’t say enough about my anticipation for Alan Wake despite not having much of anything new on it since X06. (yes the one from 2006) It’s set to debut exclusively at some point on the Xbox 360 and PC. I contacted Remedy Entertainment to try to dig up something new on the title. The word I received was that the game was still kicking strong.

“Right now we are fully focused on development and not ready to talk more about Alan Wake. We’re doing well and the game is looking awesome, but it is time to labor away and to keep our nose to the grind. The game has a lot of potential and it deserves to be crafted into all it can be. We are driven by our own quality standard not a timeline. Would love to talk more when we pop our heads above the surface next time.” - Remedy Entertainment PR

I don’t have to dissect this for you do I? You should be well versed after reading my Truth Serum article on PR Speak a little while ago. It’s not a confirmation of the release that I had hoped for but hearing that the game is looking awesome and to know that they’re set on ”when it’s done, it’s done” shines some much needed light on Alan Wake. At the same time, however, one could also interpret this as an inevitable delay for Alan Wake.

Keep the faith Alan Wake fans! Let’s keep hope alive for a 2008 release.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As for other existing Microsoft Game Studios franchises, Kim told GameSpot that film director Peter Jackson's still-untitled Halo project is "definitely proceeding," Alan Wake is "coming along nicely," and development of the Forza series continues. He also emphasized the fact that, although Bizarre Creations was bought by Activision last year, Microsoft owns the Project Gotham Racing IP, and has no plans to let it lie fallow indefinitely. However, he wouldn't say when a fifth PGR game might be released.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ala...amp;mode=recent

As for other existing Microsoft Game Studios franchises, Kim told GameSpot that film director Peter Jackson's still-untitled Halo project is "definitely proceeding," Alan Wake is "coming along nicely," and development of the Forza series continues. He also emphasized the fact that, although Bizarre Creations was bought by Activision last year, Microsoft owns the Project Gotham Racing IP, and has no plans to let it lie fallow indefinitely. However, he wouldn't say when a fifth PGR game might be released.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ala...amp;mode=recent

PGR series is too arcadish......forza rocks.....lets hope tht Alan wake does not suffers the same fate like AiT5D