Super Street Fighter IV

Guest shoryuken_king

ryu vs yun matchup is in ryus favour and a matter of fact considered to be one of the most difficult matchups for yun, yun vs akuma is a 7-3 matchup in yuns favour, one which tokido barely managed to overcome against momochi which byitself is an incredible feat.

alex valle was a player i respected a lot. but now hes become an egoistic loser who cannot take loses, he rigged his pools to get a free ride into the top 32 when far superior ryu players like air couldnt do crap to even get out of the pools.

notice how even all of the more deserving american players like marn and the other east coasters always get put in death pools and NEVER place well in the tournaments that the socal org hosts. its pathetic really. on the other hand players like pj latif(valles team member) came in literally without playing against a single asian player because all of the asian players were busy eliminating themselves. after all that there are still 5 asians in the top eight which is LOL.

My apologies for this huge OT but i did not want to create a new thread for my issue...

it seems a lot of player use dpads over analog sticks for fighting games like SSF4

but how do i do the diagonal inputs like lower right,upper left,etc moves on a dpad?!?

i use a DS3 and had some luck using the analog stick but the dpad seemed literally impossible!

so please advice me on how to use a dpad for doing combos that have those diagonals (i.e 95% of the games combos) in them..

so is it like i press both the down and the left dpad buttons simultaneously to get lower left(??) or is there some work around??

i really dont want to spend on a arcade stick since im a newb to fighting games!

please help me out with this one..

im missing out on all the SSF4/MVC3 fun

:(

To do quarter circle, press down, press forward (or backward) without letting go of down, then let go of down while holding fwd/back. It sounds complicated but its really easy when you actually do it. Master quarter circle and you've mastered SF4.

And yeah, to do quarters, you have to press adjacent d-pad buttons simultaneously. For eg, down-fwd is down and fwd pressed together.

My apologies for this huge OT but i did not want to create a new thread for my issue...

it seems a lot of player use dpads over analog sticks for fighting games like SSF4

but how do i do the diagonal inputs like lower right,upper left,etc moves on a dpad?!?

i use a DS3 and had some luck using the analog stick but the dpad seemed literally impossible!

so please advice me on how to use a dpad for doing combos that have those diagonals (i.e 95% of the games combos) in them..

so is it like i press both the down and the left dpad buttons simultaneously to get lower left(??) or is there some work around??

i really dont want to spend on a arcade stick since im a newb to fighting games!

please help me out with this one..

im missing out on all the SSF4/MVC3 fun

:(

you need to know that playing on the dpad is somewhat similar to playing a guitar or any other string instrument. initially you got to be doing the basic specials and combos till your thumb gets soar, now after this point just make sure to keep playing everyday and disregard the pain to get your thumb calloused. just like on the guitar, once your thumb hardens, you'd find that practicing and executing on the dpad becomes extremely easy and your finger would start to slide over the arrows much better and smoother, you'd be able to tell cause youd feel absolutely no pain. finally after this point you can start on practicing complex stuff like fadcing etc.

To do , press down, press forward (or backward) without letting go of down, then let go of down while holding fwd/back. It sounds complicated but its really easy when you actually do it. Master quarter circle and you've mastered SF4.

And yeah, to do quarters, you have to press adjacent d-pad buttons simultaneously. For eg, down-fwd is down and fwd pressed together.

damn i guess i need heaps of practice

i guess this technique would be easier on a xbox 360 dpad since the buttons are all joint!

the DS3 has 4 diff buttons which make it difficult for me

im good at MK9 but SSF4 is going above my head :samui:

i hope i manage

btw any tips for the EX moves and finishers?!!?

i have never done those 360 degree/full circle moves and Chun Li/Sagat moves!

only the ryu/ken moves get easier with quarter circle technique

also the semi circle ones are real tough!

any pointers on how to pull off full circle,semi circle and this left to right side and vice versa moves??

im sitting down in front of my PC with a DS3 just to learn :bigyellowgrin:

The only reason I don't use DS3's analog is cuz I can never seem to forward dash with it.

I prefer the d-pad. With enough practice, it'll be like second nature. Doing 360s and all are a bit more complex so I suggest you practice the basic moves first.

And you can even take advantage of the various shortcuts in the game.

Take the quater-circle-back motion for example.

Instead of doing the usual forward, down-forward, down, down-back, back motion; Just press Down-forward and then back.

You guys will find analog a huge pain later one.... when you need to start Dashing forward and backward....its just not as reliable as pressing the forward button on the dpad twice...

As for the dpad , like CC said... press Down then roll your finger to forward .... thats how you do a QCF .... DO NOT USE the control like how it is in MK ... in MK the commands are simplefied so you can even press Down and then press forward to get a move.... the Down-Forward Input is not needed ....

Also, Free Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition balance patch coming

Capcom USA signed off on the patch and they will be testing balance changes it select locations in arcades in the future.

This will not cost any money, it'll be a free download, when it's released on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Ono wants to take his time balancing this, and according to Seth Killian it will be available in the fall or winter time.

Ono said since he's announcing this, he's asking people to please tone down all of the bad language and insults on his Twitter account.

damn i guess i need heaps of practice

i guess this technique would be easier on a xbox 360 dpad since the buttons are all joint!

the DS3 has 4 diff buttons which make it difficult for me

im good at MK9 but SSF4 is going above my head :samui:

i hope i manage

Lol 360 d-pad is even worse, half the time it won't even register inputs.

Since you're starting out, why not invest in a good fightstick? There are two sticks in TP right now going real cheap. Trust me, you'll see fighters in a completely different light with a stick. You can get used to any control scheme with practice, but IMO fightstick is the least obstructive of all.

i am getting a fighting stick

and a racing wheel for my buddae :D

just advice me a lil bit

i shortlisted the following one's

price range goes from cheap to a lil expensive

cheap: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-3d9n.html

mid : http://www.play-asia.com/HORI_Fighting_Stick_V3/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-49ov.html

high : http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-3nvh.html

i even liked the wireless Hori http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-3tj4.html

but i guess being wireless will f*** up the responsiveness of the stick

i really liked the upcoming v3 which is coming in august mid week

but it only has 6 buttons compared to 8 which the others have

i guess the added 2 buttons will be an advantage as i can map more keys

the 1.3k maycom seems to be a real good deal!

^^ Totally agree.... if you guys arent pulling out 1 frame links and sh*t on the pad or KB like floccy or lax... its best you start of with the stick .... The arcade stick was first used for fighters mainly coz it was the most convenient and the feels natural while playing ....

Not to mention it goes well with the 6 button layout ... every button is right there and easily accessible unlike shoulder buttons and stuff.... and also very very easy to press multiple buttons at the same time and plink

If you arent used to pad already... its better to start with stick , even the cheap ones will do (around 1.5k-2k).. If you want performance modding with Sanwa parts is always there and will cost you around 2k more....

But whichever controller you start with....the key to everything is Practice and some more practice ... SF combos aint EZ mode... if you wanna do them the only answer is practice...

Edit : @Sachitgul - Impatientsoul bought a Mayflash and modded it with Sanwa parts (Same parts used in high end stick and arcade machines) ....

IF you are looking for a cheap buy or if you are unsure if you are gonna play fighters for a while ... then just pick up the mayflash to get used to the stick .... If you want to continue just mod the stick ....(buttons and joystick will cost abt 2k totally)

If you are certain you want to get into Fighters... pickup Hori Real arcade pro V3 ... floccy selling it at a decent price...or you can try to get the Quanba ,Its a high end stick but the site that sells it is in chinese and they have some good importing options (Ask avkash for details)

Edit 2 : Dont bother with wireless sticks....

i was hellbent on the Hori V3

but scr*w that

I'll just tell my uncle to get me a HRAP v3 or whatever comes out new that time

i guess its time to cash in on "Uncle" Sam

:bigyellowgrin:

btw y isnt PA not an option

i knw lot of people getting games from there and thehut

any issues with customs??

For getting a stick from PA ull need to get it via fedex ... which is another 60$ ... and then pay for customs which will come to another 40$ ...over all ud be paying around 200$+ ....

Archived