Complete STEAM guide - Announcements | Badges | Market | Trading | Cheap Games | Wallet and MORE

Heaven Angel

Joe update this into the OP please,

Steam update allows background downloading while playing a game

Steam.jpg

A new Steam update will allow users to download software while playing a game. This means in-progress downloads will no longer pause when a game is launched in the Steam client, though this functionality can be toggled on a case-by-case basis if your internet connection isn't up to scratch.

The update will also allow users to set times for automatic updates. Full update notes are below:

General

• Add ability to limit what time of day Steam is allowed to automatically update apps
  • Add option to let other games download while a game is running (this is a per-game setting)
  • Add download regions for Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Ottawa in Canada
  • Add 'Copy all text to clipboard' context menu option in the System Information dialog.

Steam client UI

• Improve downloading status text at the bottom of the main window

Big Picture

• Added ability to opt into game betas and edit launch options
  • Added Inbox item under Linux if your machine requires a reboot due to OS level updates
  • Fix infinite loop of Cloud sync error dialogs on game launch
  • Fixed mouse cursor being visible during startup animation even if it hadn't moved

Linux

• Fix paste pasting stale text.
  • Fix Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V in client-hosted web page text controls.
  • Fix incorrect foregrounding of a blank window in some -silent startup cases.

Source: PC Gamer

• 2 weeks later...

Valve explain Steam in-home streaming, as early closed beta begins

QzaASJI.jpg

"Any two computers in a home can be used to stream a gameplay session and this can enable playing games on systems that would not traditionally be able to run those games," Valve write. "For example, a Windows only game could be streamed from a Windows PC to a Steam Machine running Linux in the living room. A graphically intensive game could be streamed from a beefy gaming rig in the office to your low powered laptop that you are using in bed. You could even start a game on one computer and move to a more comfortable location and continue playing it there." The second computer is used purely to receive audio and video signal, and send controller inputs.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/11/21/valve-explain-steam-in-home-streaming-as-early-closed-beta-begins/

7VJTaSB.png

• Read helpful reviews See the most helpful reviews written by users that have played the game or used the software you are considering purchasing. Just look for reviews on any store page.
  • Rate others' reviews Let other users know which reviews you've found to be the most helpful by rating them up. You can also down-vote unhelpful reviews or report posts as spam.
  • Discover helpful authors You may find a particular user that is great at writing reviews or shares your taste in gaming. Easily browse for all reviews by that user and see what other titles they enjoyed and recommend.
  • Write your own reviews Let the community know how you feel about the games you play and the software you use. To get started, just visit the Steam store page for any game you've played or software you've used on Steam.
  • Find and write reviews in your language of choice When writing a review, users can indicate which language the review is being written in. Steam will then automatically prioritize the display of helpful reviews that are marked with the language of the user that is browsing.
  • Edit and share your Steam Reviews Any Steam Recommendations that you have written in the past have been automatically converted to Steam Reviews. You can now edit what you wrote or you can mark them as 'Public' to allow them to appear on the store page.

For F.A.Q and more info, visit: http://store.steampowered.com/reviews/

It's Steam wallet. You can use it and buy games/market item using it.

Not a good idea to buy cards online due to extra fee. $4 for $60 when you can directly add funds to your account without any fee.

http://store.steampowered.com/steamaccount/

Untitled.jpg

Never heard of MOLpoints but it's worth looking into. Does anyone have experience with this?

Well apparently it works with Indian Debit cards & uses Skrill. Plenty of other modes of payment too, including Paypal. They also charge an additional 8% for each transaction.

So no point using it if you've already got a card you can directly use on Steam.

And even for debit card users the 8% is a bad deal since Entropay charges only 4.95% for each transaction. Only good thing about this is the minimum recharge amount which is 55 INR, which is 20$ for Entropay.

I used my ICICI Bank VISA Debit card on Steam today. Direct transaction failed but payment via Paypal using the same card was successful. Strange are the workings of online transactions. I guess it won't work from next month when the RBI's mandatory chip/pin security kicks in :(

So, what is this message floating around steam today?

"Listen. If two people by name (NisseFar and Nivek) wants to add you to their list, not accept. It is a virus.Tell it to everyone on your list because if one person on your list adds him or her, you get it too. It is a hard drive killer and a very horrible virus. Please pass it on to everyone on your list. We need to find out who it is"

Is something like this possible? My hdd died last week or so, and i was on steam at the time, in fact, was exiting it at the same time windows crashed. Have been trading alot on steam of late, adding a whole lot of starngers. Now, i dunno what to believe? Jst changed my hdd, want to be on the safe side so making sure.

:rofl:

Always back stuff online. Thought that is also not safe, but something is better than nothing. I was laughing at the fact that you actually believed that adding someone on your Steam account will destroy the HDD.

Plus it happened jst as i was exiting steam , n everything froze up, n thn my hdd won't load again

That does sound scary. But you sure HDD is not the only problem? A faulty PSU can also lead to HDD crapping out.

Archived