Bioshock Infinite Story Discussion **SPOILERS**

Tyler

The way the screen blacks out with the piano note at the last remaining Elizabeth was very much like Inception's 'top'.

Ambiguous ending(s), you can assume anything you want. Happy-sad, bitter-sweet, fair-unfair.

I doubt the past prior including the Wounded Knee incident can be avoided, the splintering time-space (universes) anomaly of Comstock is removed by drowning the Booker who went for atonement. The Booker in other times did not go to the Baptism but now does not end up selling Anna to Lutece's / Comstock.

Comstock did kill those two, but i guess they some how escaped with in the tear and they can go any palaces they want... Thats how they end up at any places they want..

They refer to the incident as an accident engineered by Fink on the request of Comstock, sabotaging the machine / device whatever you call it that they use to travel between the multiple time-space continuum's.

Although Rosalind refers to them as being scattered (in the time-space) instead of being dead.

Maybe it is their way of concluding the time-space 'experiment' which they keep hinting at through out the game.

I feel sad for SongBird. Does anyone else think the same.

Wel.. one booker died so that Comstock should not be created.. so that makes the other Booker in another universe free of Comstock stealing anna right, so thats why anna is still there with booker.

No the time-space split was avoided. The Booker DeWitt who went for the Baptism ceremony was drowned by the 'idiot priest'.

If we go with this theory then what was the need to show this final ending.they should have shown a world where booker didnt go to war, his wife is still alive, anna is still alive, he is not in any debt.. there should be a universe where everything is just normal and perfect... getting it...?

Again, I doubt that the events before Wounded Knee are even in picture, the Booker-Comstock split takes place only after the massacre at Wounded Knee (which scars him) and whence he craves atonement.

If Booker does not go to the Baptism ceremony (as I am assuming), life goes on as pre-determined, he joins the Pinkerton Agency sometime after Wounded Knee, continues in that role his wife dies in child birth, Anna survives, Booker does not sell her (Comstock, Columbia doesn't exist) and life goes on.

Question: What all music did you spot which was not native to the period?

These are the ones I recognized

all i'm saying is if there is one universe where booker continues his life, wife dies n all... then there should be universe where his wife didnt die, gave birth to anna, and they are living happily.. so that ending or that cut scene should have been shown if there are multiple universe created for every major events. . . .

Yes it was kind of bad feeling when songbird dies.. . Poor thing . . .

Wrong place, wrong time.

all i'm saying is if there is one universe where booker continues his life, wife dies n all... then there should be universe where his wife didnt die, gave birth to anna, and they are living happily.. so that ending or that cut scene should have been shown if there are multiple universe created for every major events.

I think the current cut-scene has been placed to give it the most ambiguous ending.

For quite some time I thought Anna was Booker's wife. :mellow: That was put paid too.

Wrong place, wrong time.

I think the current cut-scene has been placed to give it the most ambiguous ending.

For quite some time I thought Anna was Booker's wife. :mellow: That was put paid too.

Yes at first i also thought anna must be Booker's dead wife... :-)

Ok who do u think is big daddy when comparing infinite to prev bio's...

Wl i think this time big daddy is Booker, little sister is Elizabeth with same type of dress as little sisters, Blue and White combination :-)

Big daddy seems to be songbird.his role as such seems more fitting.

another thing i liked abt this game.

leutece are bro-sis .booker and Anna/Elizabeth are father-daughter.

the game does not suffer frm writers block,by going to path where all have gone before.

game does attempt to divert frm that path.

another thing i liked abt this game.

the game does not suffer frm writers block,by going to path where all have gone before.

Leutece are not actually bro-sis.. male leutece is from booker universe and female leutece is from comstock universe.

Don't know, SongBird seems to be a very weak character towards the end.

In a time-space rift yes.

The structure though is the same, three part story with an epilogue and brief prologue.

The way it is presented is what makes it interesting.

Wl i think this time big daddy is Booker, little sister is Elizabeth with same type of dress as little sisters, Blue and White combination :-)

Pretty much spot on here, Booker is Elizabeth's protector. I doubt the Little Sisters had such bright colours, they had more of a grey tone.

What do you think happens to Booker, does he drown or he never goes for the ceremony and thus continues in New York?

Don't know, SongBird seems to be a very weak character towards the end.

In a time-space rift yes.

The structure though is the same, three part story with an epilogue and brief prologue.

The way it is presented is what makes it interesting.

Pretty much spot on here, Booker is Elizabeth's protector. I doubt the Little Sisters had such bright colours, they had more of a grey tone.

What do you think happens to Booker, does he drown or he never goes for the ceremony and thus continues in New York?

theory is both bookers die.so the one u see at end is frm an alternate reality .

on gaf a person mentioned that if u get stabbed in hand ,booker in epilouge has the wound.

i need to validate that.

Wonder how they will integrate the DLC into story.

I have a diseased thought that the ambiguous epilogue will be used as a jump of point for the same. :mellow:

In other news, what makes Ken Levine tick --

33z33g8.jpg

^^ Sorry, mistook it for the actual thread. =|

Checked the screenshots I had of the ending, you are right the cage / bird talisman is not there. The neckband is present though.

Showing all the Elizabeth might mean or they wanted to show that there are multiple universes, i.e. multiple universe were created after Comstock was created, so all those will get fixed when Booker dies, i.e if Comstock is not created.. that might be the reason they showed so many Elizabeths...

Cage or Bird doesnt matter if its there or no.. wel i dont think she is wearing those after she changes to blue (her mother's) dress... wel the point it doesnt matter.... cause of constants and variables..... thats wat twins and Elizabeth says.... there are constants and variables in all universe.. so considering that few things are constants like booker tossing a coin in columbia will always fall Heads... like wise variables: Elizabeth may or may not be wearing the necklace

Did anyone realize a whole chunk of gameplay was removed in the final game? I remember watching this footage from E3 2011 and it seems like they decided to do away with this part.

They should have really included the Horse sequence. It was could have served as good character development part in the game. I also noticed the HUD elements compared to then and now were drastically re-vamped. I found the HUD display on the E3 demo to be much better.

Archived