~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

Breaking Bad latest episode had me on the edge of my seat. Good stuff.

One more episode for this half of season five.

I've been thinking, that while previous season finale made the story complete, it totally went against the spirit of the show. I mean, this show depicts (to a large extent) how real sh*t can get if you walk down the wrong path. They do not glorify violence, they do not keep showing narrow escapes at every turn. Most of the plans keep turning to sh*t, and then the characters deal with that. So from that perspective, they couldn't end the series on a "lived happily ever after" like S04 finale. They had to show that once you walk down this path, it'll catch upto you.

And I understand the motivation of all characters but Skyler in S05 is beyond comprehension. What is her problem? She should have at beginning of S05 confronted Walt and told him to GTFO for the sake of the kids, and opt for something like that separate living situation which was fine in last few seasons.

Walt deserves to die a horrible death, but I feel he'll be left alive in the end. Alive, but alone.

ALSO, Don't see it if you are NOT up-to date with Breaking Bad.

"Gliding Over All"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrKnJMDNFI8&feature=g-all-u

0:22 did they just kill all the 9 men or is that mike's lawyer lying dead-nude in prison.. walt, jesse/todd walking past? :O :O

OMG, BREAKING BAD IS SO AWESOME THAT WORDS CANT EVEN DESCRIBE!! NO OTHER TV SERIES OR AVERAGE HOLLY MOVIES COME CLOSE!! AND I cant believe its the last episode. GODDAMNIT AMC!! WHY!!

Edited by Freak

Breaking Bad latest episode had me on the edge of my seat. Good stuff.

One more episode for this half of season five.

I've been thinking, that while previous season finale made the story complete, it totally went against the spirit of the show. I mean, this show depicts (to a large extent) how real sh*t can get if you walk down the wrong path. They do not glorify violence, they do not keep showing narrow escapes at every turn. Most of the plans keep turning to sh*t, and then the characters deal with that. So from that perspective, they couldn't end the series on a "lived happily ever after" like S04 finale. They had to show that once you walk down this path, it'll catch upto you.

And I understand the motivation of all characters but Skyler in S05 is beyond comprehension. What is her problem? She should have at beginning of S05 confronted Walt and told him to GTFO for the sake of the kids, and opt for something like that separate living situation which was fine in last few seasons.

Walt deserves to die a horrible death, but I feel he'll be left alive in the end. Alive, but alone.

Read this on IMDB but it makes sense in a very convoluted sort of way. Jesse ends up bonking Mrs. White (MILF) and that's how things really fall apart :P

Also, people who are really into the show should watch the behind the scenes, all of them. I started only recently but they add so much depth to the show. The latest one with Jonathan Banks was so so good.

Edit OMG that preview. Was that Llydia at the end? Too literal I guess. But sure seemed like a woman to me.

Also Todd is surely going to stab Heisenberg in the back. You see the look on his face when Todd handed in the bag of blue? Goddamn.

Edited by achilles

Possible-- but don't think Jesse will "boink" Skyler. :lol: Jesse(walt not giving a f**k about kid getting shot--and not giving 5mn$ to him) and Skyler(for obvious reasons--who also wants cancer to come back) both are clearly pretty much frustrated by Walt. Last 8 eps could be them vs heisenberg in the backdrop.. and DEA vs Heisenberg and the new distribution team.

still, fck you AMC :|:|

Achilles, Remember Walt's clothes in the premiere flash forward that were too large for him? I wonder if they belong to someone else. Probably he's sick and losing weight. I know some people have questioned the idea that the cancer is back in the flash forward, but it seems pretty obvious to me that it is. Also that would also explain why he'd go back and do something crazy with an M60. When you're gonna die anyway.

Yeah that's right, screw you AMC!!

True. The cancer's definitely back. He coughs in that way and takes a pill. But it's a new look. He's never in boots and cargos, with that kind of jacket etc. He's always in teacher-y sort of clothes. Anyway this year long wait will be agonising.

But :| walt doesn't have combat skills and an M60 isn't needed for a single murder. he's going on a rampage. can't imagine he's going against criminals as the important ones (gus, the cartel) are gone. no sensible person needs an M60 for anything.. or he's going against hank and the f**king DEA?? :O :O

Also could be that M60--It may be part of a larger scheme that Walt is putting together. It isn't practical to wield an M60. So perhaps he is building something that he needs an M60 for. Or parts of an M60 for? Walt is known for his crazy ideas like building that RV battery from nothing, making a bomb out of ordinary household items, cutting handcuffs with an electrical wire, etc. I would be surprised if he wasn't doing something non-traditional with it.

Questions still unanswered are:Why does the time jump happen. Where is everyone else during this time. Why would he go back. What did he do with all his money. Why did he finally choose to run away. Why the epic gun. WHY GO BACK.

They have all of the second half to answer that for us. A year to go. Should be nuts.

/f**kYOUAMC

^Totally. He's starting a war. B) And all that speculation is enough to choke on :P

And while I said that, I want another thing off my chest. When Walt let's Jane die, I thought he was feeling sorry and helpless and he couldn't save her. But after reading a bit people say it's the worst thing he's done. If I knew then that Jane could have been saved and he just stood there, albeit teary, I would have felt vastly different about him after that.

I don't agree that that's the worst he has done, and even though that girl was bad news, he could have saved her. That's a massive black shade I missed. I genuinely felt that he could not save her and felt sorry coz of that and cried. Man he's such a good actor in that way that I did not even think he let her die.

Edited by achilles

SHERLOCK HOLMES IS EPIC :wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy:

just watched 1st episode of second season .....

spoiler...

is irene alive or was he just imagining that ... can we expect to see her again??

SHERLOCK HOLMES IS EPIC :wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy:

just watched 1st episode of second season .....

spoiler...

is irene alive or was he just imagining that ... can we expect to see her again??

Use spoiler tags.

[spoiler ]<text> [/ spoiler] without the spaces.

Edited by MoonStruckHorrors

Questions still unanswered are:Why does the time jump happen. Where is everyone else during this time. Why would he go back. What did he do with all his money. Why did he finally choose to run away. Why the epic gun. WHY GO BACK.

They have all of the second half to answer that for us. A year to go. Should be nuts.

/f**kYOUAMC

My two cents (and MAJOR SPOILERS if I'm right):

Skyler is dead in the fast forward. Reasons:

-The bacon re-arrangement that he does in 501 is the same that Skyler does for him on all his birthdays.

-Skyler was a waitress when Walt met her in a cafe. The scene has a very friendly waitress.

Not proofs exactly it just seems dramatically correct to me. Will make the scene more wistful and sadder when we see it again next season.

Also possibilities:

-Hank will kill Walt rather than turn him in to the DEA. He is not going to let something like this stain the lives of his nephew and niece. If Walt Jr. is still alive....

- Jesse makes it to the end of the series. No reason i can think for him to die.

Also aside, but i have never hated a character as much as i have loved the show he is in before. God do i hate Walt. Smug, self-entitled, a**hole, full of fake machismo. I feel guilty for ever having any sympathy with this prick.

It will always be love-hate kinda relationship with Walt. And writers have nailed the character!! The character reeks of toxic masculinity. IMO, Walt does do unsavory things, though he does not do them from sadistic motives, however self-serving they may be. Though seriously hope writers don't redeem Walt as he doesn't deserve redemption.

Anywho,

BREAKING BAD TONIGHT, OHMYGOZ, LAST EPISODE!! IT FEELS LIKE TV'S OVER!!'

I have a feeling that today's episode is going to be the closest homage to a crime film yet.

Just how awesome it would be if the ending sequence is going to be walt having a hit done on all of the prisoners, like in Godfather Pt I where the NY dons are assassinated. Just imagine -- Walt is sitting at home, possibly even with Hank, with Holly in his arms, while we're shown a montage of people being murdered by his command.

I Know, right!! :wOOtjumpy:

/NOMNOMMULTIPLEXORGASM