Steam deals

Aftrunner

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Games are games :/

uplay and recently Origin has a download and install mechanics..means they will download the setup first and then install the game. The downloaded setup and game installation will be two separate location. For example, if you download a game of 6gb (setup) and it will take another 6gb or more space in your hard disk to install...if you delete the the setup file (or move to a new pc or reinstall/format of windows), you will need to re download the game setup again, even if you have the game installed in your hard disk..

as for steam, no such nonsense,.its just once location where the game will be downloaded and installed ;no hookery dokery..

I get it that steam is much better and more convinient to use. What i meant was that buying an odd game from other clients if the deal is very good won't do any harm :P

yes, if you are getting uber cheap deal, there is no steam achievements and there is no steam trading card drop for that game

Buying games on Steam is itself a game. A very fun game.

yes only if the game support steam trading card and achievement

can you play half life 2 dvd version "directly" without steam popping up?

EA n Ubisoft are jst late to the party, valve showed the way with hl2 back in 2004 by forcing their drm on everyone, n it's crazy to think 2 of the biggest publishing giants ain't gonna try the same.

Look even if that happens, I can keep STEAM eternally running in 'Offline Mode' and as long as the game is on my hard-drive I shall face no issue running it.

UPlay! and BattleLog kick me out of single-player campaigns if my internet manages to screw up for even an instant. Single-player campaigns.

And honestly this analogy of being late to the party does not hold water simply because, if a company releases a product late in the market it does not release a last generation model as its flagship. It has to provide a product / service that is current generation at-least if not cutting edge.

yes

3ur42x.jpg

yes, if you are getting uber cheap deal, there is no steam achievements and there is no steam trading card drop for that game

Naah! As long as The Witcher 3 is available to me DRM free, I will purchase it from GoG. Cards and Achievements be damned.

Especially after playing STANLEY PARABLE.

Edited by ALPHA17

dayz is out i think so :scratchchin:

Early access, yes.

I hope it's not delayed like division, DayZ Beta and The Crew. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

None of them got release date at first place.

Delaying a game is fine as long as they make it proper unlike Battlefield 4.

Edited by Heaven Angel

what's your steam username ALPHA ? btw, when is witcher 3 coming ? I hope it's not delayed like division, DayZ Beta and The Crew. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Same as on ORIGIN.

Witcher 3 is expected September 2014 or later.

i never played CS,,how hard is the learning curve in compare to dota 2

Hmmm...i played dota 2 once but i am not into strategy games so didnt play more than an hour , so cant tell about that . CS go is not that hard to get into but it is hard to master . If you have played pc mp shooters in the past then i dont think you'll have much problem . CS GO is my first cs game . Try it once , its very very good shooter and spraying wont work at all .

80% off on E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy. Very good game. :D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/91700/

_

75% off on Square-Enix titles.

http://getgamesgo.com/category/square-enix-classics

Never change, SE. Never change.

Edited by Heaven Angel

uplay and recently Origin has a download and install mechanics..means they will download the setup first and then install the game. The downloaded setup and game installation will be two separate location. For example, if you download a game of 6gb (setup) and it will take another 6gb or more space in your hard disk to install...if you delete the the setup file (or move to a new pc or reinstall/format of windows), you will need to re download the game setup again, even if you have the game installed in your hard disk..

as for steam, no such nonsense,.its just once location where the game will be downloaded and installed ;no hookery dokery..

I'm amazed at how people post BS with so much confidence and explanation. :lol: