Coffee with IVG: HPS

CM Sunny

1. How long do you plan to continue this career of gaming journalism ?

2. How did you convince your folks at home regarding this career option ?

3. What is the future of IVG in your opinion ? Gamespot way or neogaf way ?

4. From being a gamer to a paid reviewer, do you see any difference in the way you play games ? Has the enjoyment level come down? Does it feel more like work now ?

Great going till now

My questions

:clapping:

1> Do you like Al Pacino Movies?

2>And as Megz asked what exactly do you do for a living?

3>Would you suggest anyone to take up a career as a game journalist in the present scenario?

4>If you were given a knife and some plastic wrap and free reign for a day to terrorize people which is that one game that you have lent out, you would like to bring back ? (Don't you dare go grammar Nazi on that one. I have not woken up completely yet :rolleyes: )

5>Does IVG have an official erm office? (If so where and how does one reach there So that we can steal all the awesome contest prizes)

1) When are you planning to make IVG stricter in trolling section? almost all the threads are f**ked by the trollers. Though i like some of the trollers,Others are way too irritating posting the same crap in all threads.

2) Why not more mods?

On a bromance date with Alassandro Del piero or (an unchanged in principle from the original) Mirror's edge 2's reveal at e3 ?

Toughest question yet :|

I'd have to go with Alex.

Wotz with the grey hair so early? Is it all over...

I'm a Richard Gere fan. :majesty:

I honestly don't know. My brother started getting grey hair early as well, so I guess it's in the family. Although this hasn't been the case with anyone else in the family. :scratchchin:

1. I believe you also have life beyond IVG? What's your real profession?

2. Why do you think, Women/Girls are not that taken to gaming? To add to the same, what sorts of game if made, can also pull the Womenfolks towards PS, XBox?

3. Which is your favourite thread in the general chatter section?

4. If you ever have to sell IVG to a Biggie, who would you sell it to? And for how much?

5. What according to you are the Areas of Improvement in IVG as it stands today. Some brief pointers, please!

I would like to congratulate you for being a great Captain to this Ship and wish you great success for IVG and in life.. (May Pushy & you stay happy forever!)

1. Copy editor for Chip magazine. I also handle the gaming section.

2. I think there are already plenty of games that will appeal to women. They just haven't played enough or had enough interest to stick to gaming. I have friends who find games interesting when they watch someone else playing them but don't enjoy playing as much. Maybe the controls are intimidating and they don't want to take the time to get used to it. I don't think there need to be games specifically made for women.

3. I tend to spen the least time in GC. TV shows thread maybe. Its one of the few troll and flamebait-free threads.

4. I wouldn't want to sell IVG in its present state. It needs to grow and evolve a lot more to reach its potential, and when that happens, its value (monetary and to visitors/members) would be a lot more. Still, I don't know if after putting 5 years into the site, I'd be okay with not being part of it anymore, so the amount would have to be obscene large to make me even consider it. Then again, it wouldn't be my decision alone. There are three other guys who will help make those decisions.

5. We need to get our name out there and let people know that IVG exists. I think once they get here, there's plenty of reason to stick around. Also, I think there's lot more we can do by focussing on the Indian gaming scene. We're not interested in non-Indian audiences. There are plenty of sites for that. As I said above; one place for everything gaming related. Community (already in place), journalism (already there and set to improve), education, careers, events, etc.

Thanks

How often do you and Murali ride in a car and who takes shotgun?

Daily. I always drive. He rides shotgun because He drives like James May.

1. How long do you plan to continue this career of gaming journalism ?

2. How did you convince your folks at home regarding this career option ?

3. What is the future of IVG in your opinion ? Gamespot way or neogaf way ?

4. From being a gamer to a paid reviewer, do you see any difference in the way you play games ? Has the enjoyment level come down? Does it feel more like work now ?

1. As long as I enjoy it. I would like to someday move from the journalism/consumer side to the industry side. Right now its a very exclusive club of people who run the industry who don't really know much about gaming or the industry. When that starts to change, I'd like to be a part of it.

2. My parents are very open-minded. My family is full of doctors (entire khandan actually :P) and I was the first one to actually not take science in college. And they were cool with it. I don't think they fully understand what I do for a living and they don't really understand what IVG is either. They find it hard to believe that when I'm playing games, that's actually my job. :P

3. A little bit of both, with a bit of GamesIndustry.biz and Gamasutra thrown in. Purely with an Indian perspective.

4. It does feel more like work sometimes. That can be a bad thing. Like the other day I was feeling guilty about playing TDU2 (a game I really like) coz I had to review Crysis 2 and DA2. On the flipside, the job exposed me to games that I may not have played if given the choice. I also have to rush through games that I really enjoy and I can't afford to keep playing the games I love coz new games are always coming. There's good and bad, and as long as the good outweighs the bad, I'll keep doing it.

Great going till now

My questions

:clapping:

1> Do you like Al Pacino Movies?

2>And as Megz asked what exactly do you do for a living?

3>Would you suggest anyone to take up a career as a game journalist in the present scenario?

4>If you were given a knife and some plastic wrap and free reign for a day to terrorize people which is that one game that you have lent out, you would like to bring back ? (Don't you dare go grammar Nazi on that one. I have not woken up completely yet :rolleyes: )

5>Does IVG have an official erm office? (If so where and how does one reach there So that we can steal all the awesome contest prizes)

1. Most of them

2. Answered

3. Nope. Nash is the only person in India who gets paid to just be a gaming journalist. And there isn't any place besides Tech2 that will hire a full time gaming journalist. You can't make a living just doing this. Being a copy editor is my primary job; gaming is secondary. If you still want to do it, start with freelancing, but don't give up the day job.

4. LOL I don't understand that question. :P

5. Nope. Prizes, etc come to my place or get sent directly by the distributor/publisher.

i had the same question on who this fella is.

link please

http://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4429

3) Are you by any chance earning anything from this community? or is it a loss and is just running because of people's enthusiasm to the gaming section? (Answer only if you wish to)

1. Has it ever happened that you hated a person on IVG that you wanted to ban him but couldnt because he had not broken any rules ?

2. How long have you been aware of the fact that we all love you ?

3. What was your childhood ambition ?

4. Where did you grow up ( i wanted to know that sorry )

5. Have you ever taken part in a console war yourself

AND

http://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2

^^ first thread on IVG !

1) When are you planning to make IVG stricter in trolling section? almost all the threads are f**ked by the trollers. Though i like some of the trollers,Others are way too irritating posting the same crap in all threads.

2) Why not more mods?

1. Yup, we maybe need to get a little stricter, but we need to balance it so people don't feel restricted. Trolling is a lot harder to moderate than maybe piracy talk, because how bad the trolling is depends on how you perceive it. Everyone trolls at one point or another, so we can't have a blanket no-trolling policy.

2. I don't think the trolling is because we don't have enough mods, but because we don't wanna go around suspending and banning people for trolling. While some people take trolling very seriously, others do it for fun, and banning them for it seems harsh.

3) Are you by any chance earning anything from this community? or is it a loss and is just running because of people's enthusiasm to the gaming section? (Answer only if you wish to)

We don't make any money from it. The four of us (KC, CC, MT, and I) bear the expenses of running it.

1. Has it ever happened that you hated a person on IVG that you wanted to ban him but couldnt because he had not broken any rules ?

2. How long have you been aware of the fact that we all love you ?

3. What was your childhood ambition ?

4. Where did you grow up ( i wanted to know that sorry )

5. Have you ever taken part in a console war yourself

1. Nope.

2. :lol:

3. Strangely enough, it was to own a chain of petrol pumps. I think it was because I love the smell of petrol. :P

4. Mumbai.

5. Who hasn't? Even the PC gamers can't stay away. :P

And ya, that was the first thread after we moved to to these forums, but we were at Proboards for about a year before that. We had 1,000 members there, and when we moved here, we had to start again from zero.

@sackboy: question limit exceeded,your 1st question has already been asked(or a similar one) & answered before

@legend: bro nice questions, but put em up in 1 post

follow the rules guys :ack:

also sam thanks for the sporting spirit

:bigyellowgrin:

We don't make any money from it. The four of us (KC, CC, MT, and I) bear the expenses of running it.

3. Strangely enough, it was to own a chain of petrol pumps. I think it was because I love the smell of petrol. :P

no kidding, smells like cold drink :wOOtjumpy:

My questions for Sam:

1. With the popularity of low budget games like Angry Birds, do you feel more developers will concetrate on such games and give consoles less time?

2. How do you convince publishers that are not releasing their stuff in India (like Atlus) to start doing so?

3. Why do you hate RPGs?

4. Can I hitch a ride with you next time you go to cover TGS?

PS: Dont worry about the grey hair. Grey hair is better than no hair

My questions for Sam:

1. With the popularity of low budget games like Angry Birds, do you feel more developers will concetrate on such games and give consoles less time?

2. How do you convince publishers that are not releasing their stuff in India (like Atlus) to start doing so?

3. Why do you hate RPGs?

4. Can I hitch a ride with you next time you go to cover TGS?

PS: Dont worry about the grey hair. Grey hair is better than no hair

1. I hope not. That would be the day I stop gaming.

2. I think for someone like Atlus its more a case of making a distributor want to pitch for their business because Atlus is very niche. Their games just aren't going to sell here. But now with E-Xpress releasing Square stuff like FF and DQ, hopefully more people will get into those games. Also, Atlus has different publishers and distributors for different countries. Maybe they just don't have plans to enter the Indian market as of now or a distribution system in place for it. Same as Nintendo (for different reasons). OT: I had written to Nintendo HQ in 2007 asking if they were planning to launch the Wii and DS in India. They replied in 2010 saying they were not. :lol:

3. I used to hate them, because I always felt that they played badly. I still feel that most of them control quite poorly in comparison to other game genres. Maybe because the focus is more on story, characters, and role playing aspects. The genre is growing on me though, but I still don't enjoy the combat portions as much as the stories and the characters.

4. I've never been to TGS :(

3. I used to hate them, because I always felt that they played badly. I still feel that most of them control quite poorly in comparison to other game genres. Maybe because the focus is more on story, characters, and role playing aspects. The genre is growing on me though, but I still don't enjoy the combat portions as much as the stories and the characters.

how can you hate the best genre :ack:

kidding, to each his own

^nay, RPG ftw :bigyellowgrin:

Proboards->360indians->gamingsauce:)->IVG.

Whats next for this forum?. Didnt you say the addition of blog is next phase, so is that all?

Or did the entire online gaming journalism hit the saturation point?.

This question may seem well debated to you. Do you think age affect the gaming spirit in a person?.

I see lot of members nowadays, but i dont see the old faces that much. Is it going to affect you also?.

The forums been running for few years now. I am sure you could find something new to add to that debate.

Archived