Personal Training / Fitness Counseling thread

HundredProofSam

i was using ultimate and musletech before ON until carboncore i think here suggested for ON whey. working way better for me personally for weight loss/lean bulk

but double rich choc initially tasted like sh*t, had to get used to. now prefer more with oats or banana peanut butter shake than normally with water. its almost over tho, good riddance. hopefully mocha lives up to the hype

but Neulife sticker is enough for authenticity right @lastavenger?

Btw, i just ordered Mocha Capuccino flavor 5lb whey on from same seller after reading too many positive reviews and ratings. But costed a bit more around 5.6k but thats better than elsewhere.

Great pricing! When I checked it three days back, I was getting it for 5060.

Not always! Earlier they would fake the seal hence Neulife started having more stickers and changed it. Pls check the date of import, if it's recent, it should have all the required seals and stickers as mentioned on their website.

http://www.neulife.in/genuinecheck.aspx

Btw Chocolate Mint in Ultimate Nutrition is crap. Tastes like chocolate with sauf haha

I have heard good stuff about Cake batter, double chocolate and Rocky Road for 100% Gold Whey

I personally stick with only Chocolate and Coffee favors since I don't have a sweet tooth and don't enjoy other flavors. My also preferred whey protein is Ultimate Nutrition since it offers best value for money. 80 scoops with 25gm of protein in each scoop. Been using it for Bulking and Cutting phases and it works well [emoji2]

Chocolate mint in ON is heaven. :wub:

I will buy ultimate nutrition the next time I'll order.

Yeah I was getting double chocolate for 5060 but I ordered the mocha one just because of the flavour.

Edited by AngerSmash

i was using ultimate and musletech before ON until carboncore i think here suggested for ON whey. working way better for me personally for weight loss/lean bulk

but double rich choc initially tasted like sh*t, had to get used to. now prefer more with oats or banana peanut butter shake than normally with water. its almost over tho, good riddance. hopefully mocha lives up to the hype

Personally speaking, protein is protein. Difference comes only when one is using isolates or wpc (Purity level)

Another factor is what the whey is made up of- Most of them are made up of milk and soy.

ON is a standard brand hence it's popular. It's holding company is one of the biggest cheese manufacturers and as you know whey is a byproduct or waste of Cheese/Milk etc.

What will make a difference to your body? Diet (Most important), how hard you workout at the gym and rest.

Broadly speaking, supplements are suppose to just supplement your main diet.

What will make a difference to your body? Diet (Most important), how hard you workout at the gym and rest.

Broadly speaking, supplements are suppose to just supplement your main diet.

This....also; there is usually no better supplement than animal protein....Just quoting what my trainer told me long ago :fear:

This....also; there is usually no better supplement than animal protein....Just quoting what my trainer told me long ago :fear:

Yep!

This is true. Egg and Chicken are the best as per Indian diet.

Soy is the cheapest and the worst. Soy 'may' also increase estrogen levels in men.

Any distance runner here?

Everytime I run more than 20Kms, I feel sick and cannot eat for the rest of the day. I get better the next day.

I've kept myself properly hydrated and fed, but I don't know why this keeps happening. :/

http://www.dailymile.com/forums/general-running/questions/6604-what-is-causing-me-to-feel-sick-after-my-long-runs

This may help. May try out some things that they have mentioned.

you run 20kms at a stretch, in a day?

Not everyday bro. The routine is 5 Kms on alternate days and one long run in a week. And two, 2 hour casual football matches a week as well \0/

that is less than half marathon, doable if trained adequately.

Hemanth here has been a runner for a while now. good going dude, hope someone answers your query.

Thanks bro, it's been more than a decade since I started..time flies..sigh

Thanks mate, really interesting to read the suggestions. I was also talking to a Portugese semi-pro runner the other day, and he suggested very similar solutions.

The thing is, I don't do 20K at crawling speeds, I do it at a reasonable pace for a rookie. The muscle tone is very good, but rest of the organs aren't coping yet :P

I did a 12K mount-forest run recently, and it was epic. Epic views and by far the toughest run I've done in a long time..a bit dangerous too...I took a little video as well..sorry for the poor video skills and sub-par video. Youtube reduced the quality considerably as well.

• Like 1

hemanth bro, crazy stuff. respect. can hardly do 2mil running on treadmill continuously without the feel of throwing up.

@also received 5lbs whey on mocha- got puffed up pack :( packaging was shitty. just plain cardboard outside bubble wrap. these courier folks must have played football with it.

lastavenger bro, thoughts if its the real deal?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
and should i get it replaced via snapdeal?

^

Its original but WTF happened to that box? Its like they tossed it around or maybe the dealer decided to send this pack thinking the customer will think its courier's fault?

My take is:

If you have a weeks worth of supplement sitting, send it for replacement. I think there is an option to replace - Due to damaged good. If not and you cannot wait then use it. *Do ask them if you will get a refund or replacement at same price*

What courier was this?

I have never gotten a supplement in such bad condition. Mine always come in cardboard box too but I never had any damage.

Edited by lastAvenger

this was the cheapest cardboard you can think of. even a kid could have squeezed the bananas out of that package.

and ya i still have like 4-5 scoops left i think

snapdeal will return no doubt. have already made returns in the past. Also the pack is still sealed. can i just open it and the pull the thing outside? it wouldnt have possibly damaged the content ie powder, right? thing is that ssd20 offer has gone now and most sellers on snapdeal have shitty ratings.. they will take a week for return and after inspecting it, will credit the amt back to my ac after 15-20 days.. thoughts? also i dont want snapdeal cashback. should have just gone with my regular ebay dude

this was the cheapest cardboard you can think of. even a kid could have squeezed the bananas out of that package.

and ya i still have like 4-5 scoops left i think

snapdeal will return no doubt. have already made returns in the past. Also the pack is still sealed. can i just open it and the pull the thing outside? it wouldnt have possibly damaged the content ie powder, right? thing is that ssd20 offer has gone now and most sellers on snapdeal have shitty ratings.. they will take a week for return and after inspecting it, will credit the amt back to my ac after 15-20 days.. thoughts? also i dont want snapdeal cashback. should have just gone with my regular ebay dude

It's just bad luck man. Even mine has come in cheap packing but no damage or fake stuff.

I would suggest then that you use it. If you open it, they will not take a return in my opinion.

Protein will be okay so don't worry. There are no leaks or anything right? If not then it's cool.

My worst experience was recently with Velex courier. Absolutely shitty service. It took a week for it to deliver my protein. Usually my courier through Snapdeal has always been Ecomm or Blue Dart. There were also times when I got next day delivery.

Don't transfer the protein to another jar though since you may spill or lose some of it in the process.

Sent from my Phone.

Edited by lastAvenger

Ya already asked for return/replacement. Mine came via ecom express.

I will be honest. Snapdeal has weird and wonky rating system. Recently I wasn't happy with my stuff so decided to leave a one star but when I went to right the feedback, it wanted me to write about the product and not the dealer or seller who was at fault. I think I may not have understood it properly or something or its just weird.

Sent from my Phone.

It looks authentic I guess.

Meh I cancelled my snap deal order and ordered from healthkart instead as those f**kers were taking so much time to deliver.

Phrick you ordered it from vitamin berry right?

Edited by AngerSmash