Cliff Blezenski departs Epic Games.

Gears will become total mess without him and Rod... Original Gears was his idea and design.He is the reason Gears franchise exist.. ..

Let someone else take charge of that franchise before it becomes a total mess.

Gears J is made by a different team with new design director .. :P ....

..I think MS and Epic will turn Gears into annual franchise now :| ... ..

Yes..2012 - Halo 4

2013 - Gears J

2014 Halo 5

2015 - Gears 4 or another spin off...tittle

2016 - Halo 6

2017 - Gears 5

:rofl:

Cliff wanted to make 3 Gears games and then move onto a new franchise.....but Epic was only interested in Gears :|

The problem is he was outspoken. The gaming industry is suffering from recession itself and IPHONE GAMES :P

hez taking a sabbatical, i hiatus from the industry for a little bit for personal reason. I am sure we all have our reasons.

He will be back but with a different company.

Although gears of war 2 was awesome, i played the game till the end, COLE TRAIN was memorable in that. and who can forget RAZOR HAIL, lol

but Gears 3 was bit of a miss for me. didn't like it. i got bored too quickly of more of the same thinggy.

Its good, maybe we will see new innovations from Cliffy later.

takes balls to do what he's doing. dude just got married a couple of months ago and he walks away from his job of 20 years and the company he built right when he's starting a new family? i mean i'm sure he's really rich and all but it's still a big step. part of me wonders whether it's as amiable as it's being made out to be.

They are planning to open an LA studio.

KojiPro's LA studio was set up for developing the online portion of future Metal Gear games.

I hope he joins Naughty Dog. That would be some megaton.

Archived