Buying a playstation 4

• 3 weeks later...

So I recently asked around at Heera Panna in Mumbai (its like palika bazaar in delhi, grey market stuff etc), and theybare selling PS4 WITHOUT BILL AND WARRANTY for just 29k.... They dont give any personal warranty either.

Although they did say that they will test it there onna tv infront of me before buying. Also said that they will give a one day warranty... As in if something happens in a days time they will consider replacing or whatever. The shop where I asked has been there since forever... Infsct I had bought my original XBOX from there like 10 years ago! So it doesnt seem like too shady a place... Basically exsctly like palika bazaar in delhi.

So my question is has anyone bought their PS4 like this from such places and is it safe to buy?

Also what should I chk in particular before buying?

Any other crucial tips would be welcome.

So I recently asked around at Heera Panna in Mumbai (its like palika bazaar in delhi, grey market stuff etc), and theybare selling PS4 WITHOUT BILL AND WARRANTY for just 29k.... They dont give any personal warranty either.

Although they did say that they will test it there onna tv infront of me before buying. Also said that they will give a one day warranty... As in if something happens in a days time they will consider replacing or whatever. The shop where I asked has been there since forever... Infsct I had bought my original XBOX from there like 10 years ago! So it doesnt seem like too shady a place... Basically exsctly like palika bazaar in delhi.

So my question is has anyone bought their PS4 like this from such places and is it safe to buy?

firstly,see if you can get a legit unopened sealed box,if the box is opened,make him test it in front of you.Play a game for 10-15 mins,switch your phone to hotspot mode and try connecting your PS4 to it to make sure its wifi is working.also check the controller and PS4,for any signs of physical dmg or tampering

i got my PS4 from US without even opening the seal :P

Here he is allowing you testing warranty, go for it.

That said i read somewhere they were selling BB bundle for 36.9k, rather go for it, You can recover cost around 2.5k. so with warranty should cost around 34.5k

Heera panna is still better than Manish market/Crawford market. But you cant guarantee either of this places.you get grey market consoles at Lamington road electronic market as well.

Make sure to check the PS4 controller. Grey market places are notorious for replacing the original controller with a fake controller and selling the original controller at a high price to make some extra dough.

Although, am not sure whether there actually are any fake PS4 controllers yet in the market, but you never know :)

olright, here goes with me,

i ordered PS4 from AMZ UK and opted normal shipping costed me 27k(I knew they wud hand it over to Indian post, non tracking)

and as usual my parcel went missing and i wasnt worried much cuz i knew they wud refund it anyway,

so 10 days past deadline, they refunded my entire amount,

and meanwhile Ps4 was found back and delivered to me,

the custom was 8.5k something and dont know what but postman didnt ask me to pay custom

i remained silent and let him put the parcel back, he was staring to me as if he going to ask me pay custom(as it was clearly mentioned in receipt)

i gave him 100 bucks as a bakshish and he went away, me with poker face waited him to come back for custom collection but he didnt .

so thats how PS4 landed to me 27k. :P

oh yes and the amz UK, i mailed quickly and they recharged the amount back, :)

warning for users who gonna buy this way: har postman itna seedha nahi hota :P

edit;the ps4 is i have is with gta game, :cheers:

just wanted to post this to whoever wants to buy via flipkart/amazon/snapdeal
beware of stuff going on like this,always check the 3rd party vendor's feedback before buying such an expensive product
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153020933558123&set=o.102988293558&type=1&theater

just wanted to post this to whoever wants to buy via flipkart/amazon/snapdeal

beware of stuff going on like this,always check the 3rd party vendor's feedback before buying such an expensive product

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153020933558123&set=o.102988293558&type=1&theater

to avoid stuff like that see the seller and then buy... see the reviews of the seller by going to their respective page as well.

to avoid stuff like that see the seller and then buy... see the reviews of the seller by going to their respective page as well.

i have written the same thing beech :chair: always check seller's feedback :angry:

but ya what he said

+1

I just bought a PS4 from Flipkart....'GLOBAL INFO' has the least price however it was registered as a 'new seller' and thus had no feedback so instead chose to go with 'Japtec' who had really good reviews (though it costed me 1.5k more). The experience was really good as the sealed product was delivered to me much much before the promised delivery date and everything was in excellent condition. Its always better to go with a high rated seller even if the price is higher. Its worth it!

As for flipkart, the shocking thing is that their 'advantage' sellers (who are 'verified' sellers as per flipkart) have feedbacks stating that they sent fake stuff. You really cannot trust anything there.

Archived