The Android Thread

pArth

So is it just the software that is the reason for diff benchmark scores for G2, Z1, Ultra and N3 or is it that samsung increases the clocks of the proc.

Don't remember about G2 but Samsung uses the higher binned procs I think. There is lot of customization as well per customer and end software plays an important role as well. However, G2/Z1/Ultra/N3 should all be generally in the similar range with give and take (N3 and ultra might have more headroom due to more space available).

Exynos = bad dev support. The CM kernels are never upto the mark for newer Android versions (for which Samsung hasn't released the official firmware).

I'll prefer non-Exynos model from here on.

• Like 1

I don't think so anyone will like to install custom ROMS on Note 3 and thus miss out on all the features as shown in above video.

I kind of agree.

The novelty of all those "features" wear out in a week, and you are stuck with the irritating touchwiz interface.

Use custom launcher as one's interfacing involves mostly that.

I recently tried AOSP on Note 2, it sucked beyond belief, battery would take 12 hours just to charge and that's just one gripe. I couldn't believe how relieved I was to switch back to TW based ROM.

CM fares better. Did you try that?

I tried a ROM that uses CM kernel. Still tempted to give it another whirl, but will wait awhile.

Also, for a phone that was the first in the world to launch with JB, there has been no real upgrade for Note 2 in a year. Still stuck on 4.1

Exynos = bad dev support. The CM kernels are never upto the mark for newer Android versions (for which Samsung hasn't released the official firmware).

I'll prefer non-Exynos model from here on.

+1 to this.

I don't think so anyone will like to install custom ROMS on Note 3 and thus miss out on all the features as shown in above video.

What the man said below

|

|

V

The novelty of all those "features" wear out in a week, and you are stuck with the irritating touchwiz interface.

I recently tried AOSP on Note 2, it sucked beyond belief, battery would take 12 hours just to charge and that's just one gripe. I couldn't believe how relieved I was to switch back to TW based ROM.

Try SlimRom if you've one for Note 2. Good battery life, really light on resources. But yeah, battery charging takes ages. Well, can't win them all. :|

I think i rea somewhere that 4.3 will start rolling for Note 2 and S3 in october.

Yeah, there have been multiple reports that Samsung scrapped plans for 4.2 and pushed straight to 4.3 . If true, would be a really sensible move.

@Note 3 Video...

That was awesome, Now Better I will wait for it to launch and then decide my purchase! But 1 complain I have.. Built wise Samsung should change its design, Both NOTE/NOTEII & NOTE III Looks similar apart from size.

Sony's Xperia Z Ultra looks beautiful, Also the LGs New One.