Vivendi May Sell Activision Blizzard to Microsoft or Time Warner

Vivendi May Sell Activision Blizzard to Microsoft or Time Warner

Vivendi is strangled by a pile of only slowly declining debt that currently stands at about $15.5 billion. The sale of Activision Blizzard, which is majority-owned by Vivendi, could alleviate the growing pain substantially. The 60 percent stake Vivendi holds is estimated to be worth about $10 billion. According to Reuters, Vivendi may have started fielding potential buyers, which reportedly include Time Warner as well as Microsoft.

When asked for comment, both companies declined to comment on Activision Blizzard, but did not deny their interest either. Similarly, Vivendi did not deny that Activision Blizzard is for sale and said that "all options are on the table". As attractive as Activision Blizzard may be as a game publisher, it would be relatively easy for Vivendi to part ways as it is not a core business for the company.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/activision-blizzard-Sale-Buyers-Acquisition,news-15812.html

if microsoft DOES acquire Activision, we could be looking at the next big thing. I mean, COD is bigger than hollywood right now! That IP alone, if exclusive to xbox, would kill off all other platforms without a second thought.

Time warner on the other hand? Not so much. Remember what they did with WCW? A lot of what Eric Bischoffs later interviews stated that Time warner didnt have an understanding of what wrestling was about, and that led to the downfall of WCW even though they were the cash cow. Id hate to see that happen to Activision, simply because acti is yet to put online passes in its games, unlike crapcom.

Sony k paas itney paise nahi.. :P

I will sell my ps3 and 360 for free, if Sony is able to buy Activision for 10b$... :bigyellowgrin:

This makes so much sense..Diablo' 90% sales are on Windows PC & COD 70% sales are on 360...and both platforms are owned by MS..... :)

What if Sony aquires them? Next Xbox dead? COD will be PS3 exclusive, Bungie will make Halo rip offs for PS3. They should quit R&D and buy Activision Blizzard. :rofl:

Sony k paas itney paise nahi.. :P

I will sell my ps3 and 360 for free, if Sony is able to buy Activision for 10b$... :bigyellowgrin:

This makes so much sense..Diablo' 90% sales are on Windows PC & COD 70% sales are on 360...and both platforms are owned by MS..... :)

Honestly, I personally dont want want sony to spend so much on these cod and all...big waste of money. I would instead like them to buy square enix some day....that will be some day.

I would also like to see them buying crash bandicoot from activision and give it to naughty dog to make it. Next best thing to happen for sony and nd fans.

:( sony created crash bandicoot , now he is dying in chambers of activision , if MS takes over , this would be the ultimate irony till now , MS Will hopefully make crash games but all of em exclusives to xbox , what is happening , someone buy crash bandicoot from AV

If this happens, Bungie will join MS again :rofl:

Bungie and MS - Rab ne bana di jodi :bigyellowgrin:

DIABLO 4 - GFWL and Better with Kinect :rofl: ...Spin will commit suicide :rofl:

Bungie is not owned by Acti ..

They just have a publishing deal with Acti

What if Sony aquires them? Next Xbox dead? COD will be PS3 exclusive, Bungie will make Halo rip offs for PS3. They should quit R&D and buy Activision Blizzard. :rofl:

:rofl:

Beggers are not choosers

Why would sony wanna buy Activision? I don't think that will prove to be a good strategy. I strongly believe they can find better ways to invest 10 billion.

Vivendi bought acti-blizz for 4bn$ and now selling for 10bn$ . Smart move , its only down hill for acti-blizz now . With no guitar hero and only COD/Blizz games its gonna be interesting to see sales of the Blops2.

Honestly, I personally dont want want sony to spend so much on these cod and all...big waste of money. I would instead like them to buy square enix some day....that will be some day.

I would also like to see them buying crash bandicoot from activision and give it to naughty dog to make it. Next best thing to happen for sony and nd fans.

Buying square would be the dumbest move ever . Their games already sell much more on Sony platforms (And Japan is their main target) , whats the point of buying them? Its not gonna convince many Xbox owners to switch over to. PS3. And buying Square Enix at this point they are probably bigger than SCE .

and there is no way ND will make crash bandicoot , they already stated they have no more interest in traditional platformers coz it doesnt sell anymore.

Games for Windows Live is dead anyways .. It hasn't been updated for almost a year

Windows 8 is gonna support Xbox Live ..

And the Xbox hub on Windows 8 is pretty good

Vivendi bought acti-blizz for 4bn$ and now selling for 10bn$ . Smart move , its only down hill for acti-blizz now . With no guitar hero and only COD/Blizz games its gonna be interesting to see sales of the Blops2.

Troll Vivendi :lol:

Blizzard is rock solid as it was before ..

The pre-orders of Black Ops 2 are already more than the MW3 and Black Ops

Plus their partnership with Bungie

I don't see Acti going downhill

Archived