What you bought this week

HundredProofSam

This looks good Gaurav. Tell us if it actually is worth picking up and if the solar panels are able to deliver enough juice to consider them as a viable alternative in time of pinch.

:) Will do, will get it for use only after a few months like I said. It's on its way to a friend's place in San Diego right now.

thx chaz n dullu

awesome buy there Gaurav

Thank u

errr... ummmm.. yess.. about that :fear:

Nice! :D

Slim?

@Chaz, nice buy man, do you think the silver paint might come off from the controller over the time? I'm sourcing one.

Nope dude, its just like any other black or white controller. Go for it.

@Mak, check pm :).

You certainly culd make ur way to Limca Book of Records, of most freebies contests entered, n most freebies won in a lifetime :D

Certainly, :bigyellowgrin: but definitely not the last part. . . I win a minuscule portion of the contests I enter. I lose out big ones like phones and laptops and what not.

Oh well, try try and try again I suppose :)

If anyone's interested, this is where I won it - http://inhabitat.com/2010/09/01/win-our-back-to-school-green-prize-package-worth-over-500/comment-page-2/#comment-254696

My entry's right there under the name "grajasekar" as always. ( 3rd comment / poem there )

narrowly missed an ipad prize on this site many months back though :(

Will have to pay for shipping it to India somehow or I might use this next year when I go to a univ there.

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire

Great poem Gaurav :thumbsup:

Haha thanks sirji :hi:

Was one of those stupid things I came up with in 5 minutes.. couldn't have done better unless I'd taken more time.

Sad part is the part about being a piss poor grad student might actually be true next year if I get a good univ in a place with a high Cost of Living. :samui:

I guess this freebie winning talent will come in useful for those 2 years :bigyellowgrin:

EDIT: And thank you for reading it!

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire

The last stanza was arrogant and unnecessary :nono:

Good rhyme though :P

Yeah, yeah.. I thought I had no hope of winning (after aforementioned ipad loss).. so let fly with that one. Besides, after my last big package victory, I had a dry run for a whole month and a half :lol: , and I didn't know what else to extend a paragraph with.

Thanks :hi: , I was going for the rhyme big time. Didn't wanna bore folks with long-winded prose.

much thanks gaurav. initially it was a shocker. more so because when i opened the box and found 3 more boxes (one inside another) in that.. finally ending up with a (and i am not joking) BOILED EGG :huh:

after seeing the o_0 on my face for what seemed like eternity mom finally took out the headphones separately and gave em to me. aint no space for boredom in this family :/

but love mom and dad for this gift and other reasons too :hug: them

Edited by Nemo

much thanks gaurav. initially it was a shocker. more so because when i opened the box and found 3 more boxes (one inside another) in that.. finally ending up with a (and i am not joking) BOILED EGG :huh:

after seeing the o_0 on my face for what seemed like eternity mom finally took out the headphones separately and gave em to me. aint no space for boredom in this family :/

but love mom and dad for this gift and other reasons too :hug: them

Enjoy the phones..

and i forgot to say - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :thumbsup: