Gaming Headphones Guide & Discussion.

playstation

@playstation bro, any source of that news? can't believe it'll only work for games, that will suck

--------------------------------------------

Sent from keyboard using dirty hands

@playstation bro, any source of that news? can't believe it'll only work for games, that will suck

--------------------------------------------

Sent from keyboard using dirty hands

* Surround sound on the PS3™ requires system software version 3.70 or later. Surround Sound does not work with Blu-ray Disc movies

**On-screen headset updates available on PS3™ systems only

http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/wireless-stereo-headset-ps3.html

It says on the official PS blog....and it also says requires system software update....i guess that is why it will work with ps3 only...still not sure abt this...but surround sound not working on blu-ray movies is clearly mentioned. :(

how much did u got it for?? and are there any wirless headset that performs like Ax 720.

also ax pro gives u true surround sound while ax 720 gives virtual ,right??

I got it last year from USA (Bestbuy) for $150 .

Regardiong the difference between ax pro and ax 720 , You might be right about the 720 being virtual but I am not too sure about it. But I can tell you one thing that its amazing ! I remember playing RDR and was blown away by the little sound nuances which is very difficult to catch while playing on normal television sound output. Really worth the money. I play on my computer hd monitor so its even more important for me to have these headphones .

I got it last year from USA (Bestbuy) for $150 .

Regardiong the difference between ax pro and ax 720 , You might be right about the 720 being virtual but I am not too sure about it. But I can tell you one thing that its amazing ! I remember playing RDR and was blown away by the little sound nuances which is very difficult to catch while playing on normal television sound output. Really worth the money. I play on my computer hd monitor so its even more important for me to have these headphones .

Same here.

thanks for the info. :hi: ...it seems like a good choice...been reading positive things abt it.

Anyone here tried Astro's ...i have read the mixamp and astro headset is simply outstanding ....lot of great reviews.

It says on the official PS blog....and it also says requires system software update....i guess that is why it will work with ps3 only...still not sure abt this...but surround sound not working on blu-ray movies is clearly mentioned. :(

it should work with PC as well.. I think the software update is required because of the game sound + voice chat feature..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived