The Tinkerers' Thread. What did you tinker with today..

Shantz

I changed the monitor cable, now it is connected to the PC via DVI-VGA cable (DVI out of GPU, input VGA of monitor). Earlier it was HDMI to HDMI. I was facing some issues wherein any switch flipped in the house would cause monitor image to disappear for a second.

Still didn't understand the root cause, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a raspberry pi recently to play with more electronics stuff as I keep my Odroid U2 dedicated for Android based tinkering. Found an old LCD lying around from years ago and hooked it up after some work to display custom messages from the pi:

536182_10151516998007015_1604217275_n.jp

^ Nice!!!

I tinkered with my ouya today. In hope of making it little useful....Ended up with turning it into a pen drive.

Achievement unlocked!

/f**k yeah.jpg

You could probably use it as a nice HTPC. ouya guys have contracted out Koying (an xbmc dev who works on making xbmc hw accel. capable) to customize xbmc for ouya so hopefully good news soon.

Point is nothing could work if they don't fix their WIFI. It's just annoying that you in RETAIL and still don't have fix for most basic issue.

Equivalent of RROD, in fact even worse cuz you don't get a replacement.

I get forced FW upgrade almost every time I turn on ouya, which takes like forever to complete. I move back to PS360, most of the time just rage-aborting the never ending FW download.

So finally,I decided, lets get to custom rom and put all this jhanjhat aside, XBMC, Google play store and 720p were my targets.

So after so many tries I was finally able to get ouya on adb properly (mainly due to driver issue) and then into CWM recovery. Then I watched the image files being transferred at rate of 20KBPS.

Finally it booted up, after series of errors and two restarts, I was on new ROM, and guess what --- wifi stopped working altogether.

Good job!

^^ yeah, their wifi situation is really idiotic. Can you try a usb wifi dongle if it is supported? or maybe a powerline ethernet connection.

nt sure if this is the right plc to ask but ...
wat would be better connecting blu ry plyr to the tv and then connecting the tv audio o/p to speakers
or connecting coaxial directly from blu ray plyr to speakrs

^^ yeah, their wifi situation is really idiotic. Can you try a usb wifi dongle if it is supported? or maybe a powerline ethernet connection.

IIRC Yes it does support a wifi dongle

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Installed a new HDD and Ubuntu in my old (2005) Acer 5050 Laptop. However, it has now gained a heating problem. it works fine, but shuts down anytime it wants. Stays on for about 10 minutes and as soon as I start doing anything on it -- BLOOP! Shuts down.

Also, it doesnt turn back on before a good 5-10 minutes rest.

Any idea what needs to be fixed?? I want to keep it because this laptop has a GORGEOUS DISPLAY!!!! As good as a Macbook of its time !!! :D

Archived