Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

40-50 kBps on a 256k UL line? How is that even possible? Theoretically, you shouldn't be able to exceed a transfer rate of 32 kBps. And an upload speed of 30 kBps? That's like, I don't know, like NOTHING I have ever heard of. Are you sure you are on the 256 kbps UL line and not on the 2M line?

• Like 1

LOL dude im sure its 256, ive checked my download and upload limits too, dont remember the site

I wouldn't trust the sites all that much, you might want to check your sustained transfer rate on a 10MB download. Because technically, your throughput can't exceed 256/8 = 32 kBps, and since BSNL isn't generous enough to offer a 1:1 or even a 0.5:1 upload ratio, I'd say your maximum uploads should be at a sustained 8 to 12 kBps tops. I am on the same 256k Home UL 900+ plan as well, and 40-50 kBps just seems impossible. You might want to double check with your ISP as to what plan you are actually on. Were you on any other BSNL plan before switching to the 256k UL line, something like a 512k line, since the speeds you posted seem good enough for a 512k line in actuality.

• Like 1

Airtel 999 Plan

256 Kbps doubles at night...

^^ What doubles up at night....?

Babyzelda frm Ahmedabad has 2 mbps unlimited connection

I have fastest of all 96 kpbs unlimited....fastest among slowest....

Yeah like Carbon Core said, MTNL doesn't have unlimited as of now which kinda sucks. Either way, I'm on their Night Unlimited (NU) scheme for which I'm paying approx 850 a month with a one gig DL limit. You don't get excellent speeds with torrents but if you're lucky you can get up to 5 GIGS in a night.