The Android Thread

pArth

@iHoneyBadger, my current homescreen with your help,

Now if there was a way to disable the clock at the top right corner.

Looks pretty darn good! Did you try the battery and clock widget without the background?

As for hiding the clock, you can always hide that status bar altogether and set a swipe down gesture to bring it back.

Looks pretty darn good! Did you try the battery and clock widget without the background?

Many thanks. My wallpaper is black as I do not like to keep anything the interferes with the widgets / on-screen content.

Did not follow the second half. Battery and clock widgets without background?

As for hiding the clock, you can always hide that status bar altogether and set a swipe down gesture to bring it back.

Will try it and get back. Cheers!

Edit: I am using Apex Launcher (not Pro), I can only disable the Notification / Status Bar but that means if someone messages me and I don't register it, I cannot see that message unless I notice the Notification Light or lock my screen.

Edited by ALPHA17

I meant that you can hide the clock and battery widget background (that's transparent black) in the settings of minimalistic text.

As for the notification, it should register without any problem. Or maybe I didn't understand what you meant.

He meant that since status/notification bar is hidden he wouldn't be able to check notifications unless he sees notification light or his phone is locked or he swipes down regularly.

@alpha - I am on apex too, there is no method which hides your clock in status bar. Fair thing IMO as its not just for homescreen, its for all apps, you can check time anytime while using something.

Edited by dante77

And easy profile for tasker I have is that whenever I open Zomato, foursquare, camera etc the gps will turn on(rooted only)

One task is for switching off media volume when I open any game.

One task is to set the media volume to middle when I connect my headset, so that I can avoid the sudden burst of music at full levels.

One task I have is that when the phone is not in silent mode, and the screen is on, the notification Volume is low. Cause as I already am using the phone, no need to have a fully loud notification Volume.

Hope this helps. :-)

I have no idea about scenes

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

I will mess around with Transparency then, although I don't expect a lot of difference to show but all in the name of learning.

As for the notification, it should register without any problem. Or maybe I didn't understand what you meant.

What I meant was, I cannot access it from the homescreen. Swipe function gets disabled there. So need to get back to lock-screen to access them. Apex Pro might have options, anyway will keep playing and let you know.

Many thanks for the help, Cheerio!

Just got a Nexus 4. Interested in installing PA. Have been reading tutorials since morning.. but every tutorial is different and looks intimidating. Can anyone please recommend a good tutorial?

And easy profile for tasker I have is that whenever I open Zomato, foursquare, camera etc the gps will turn on(rooted only)

One task is for switching off media volume when I open any game.

One task is to set the media volume to middle when I connect my headset, so that I can avoid the sudden burst of music at full levels.

One task I have is that when the phone is not in silent mode, and the screen is on, the notification Volume is low. Cause as I already am using the phone, no need to have a fully loud notification Volume.

Hope this helps. :-)

I have no idea about scenes

Thanks man. I did brightness and media volume setting via auto Voice. But all of this is just basic. Have heard so much about the app. Want to make some amazing profile which is useful as well..

Sent from Xperia SL

There's this one profile I've been unable to make.

Imagine this: you're texting someone, and in the middle of the convo, you leave your phone and go away for a sec, maybe to the loo.

When you come back the screen is off and you'll need to first unlock it, put your password and then resume texting.

Irritating no?

What I was trying to make was that whenever the keyboard is our, the screen timeout changes to around 10 minutes. And when it goes back, it'll revert back to the original one.

Point is it can't be made.

You can try making car profiles, if you use bluetooth in your car, and maybe location based profiles for home and work.

Just got a Nexus 4. Interested in installing PA. Have been reading tutorials since morning.. but every tutorial is different and looks intimidating. Can anyone please recommend a good tutorial?

I don't have any links but try not to root your phone using a toolkit. They're messy and can brick your phone. Go for the traditional way.

I don't have any links but try not to root your phone using a toolkit. They're messy and can brick your phone. Go for the traditional way.

People at the paranoid android page told me no need to root as the ROM unlocks it.

Here's what I'll be doing:

1) get fast boot working

2) install twrp

3) make nandroid backup

4) wipe cache

5) install pa and gapps

Is this fine?