The Football Thread

Xeno

Past isn't always reflective of the future bro.. If you remove RVP from this United side & put him back into the Arsenal squad, then Arsenal is definitely stronger. And we had all our signings BEFORE RvP was sold, so if he decided to stay, it wouldnt have meant any change in Arsenal's transfers.

And United would have bought someone else too, if they couldn't get RVP but would that guy had been better than him? I doubt so.

And add to all that the hatred between United & Arsenal, why would a supposed Arsenal 'fan' since his childhood, opt to go for United especially since he was the Arsenal Captain? We made him & suffered through all of his injury laden seasons, he gets 1 good season & goes off to United, I am sorry but unless you are a United fan you cannot think it as a good/sane decision on part of RVP.

But all this is difficult to prove, re the squad strength because he went to United & made them stronger while making us much weaker, but I still don't think there is too much difference in both team's squad.

Fact is, United have always been in contention for the League title. You asked why Van Persie would think about a move to United. It is obvious to any neutral footballing fan that United are in a better position to win titles than Arsenal are, even with Van Persie in your squad. The results speak for themselves.

And about the sentimentality in this move? Well Arsenal fans have every right to feel aggrieved about the move. I wont dispute that. But you said you were looking at things from a neutral perspective. The answer for that is that is more money and a much better chance at winning trophies.

Edited by Nikushimi

I repeat we do not need Owen

The last thing we need is to waste over 5 million a year for a player who will at Max be fit for 10 games

Free transfers are the biggest risks cause the salary they ask for is maddening

Only player Id want as a Del Piero but due to his high salary that will not happen

Just for the record I Belie18ve in FSG and Rogers

Yes we are a striker short but we are still a lot better than what we were under Hicks and Gilette

Let's give FSG time before a judgement .They are here for the long run not just for this window

I believe in them too, but we are critically short of strikers. If Suarez doesn't fire, or gets injured, whom do we replace him with?

Drogba :naughty:

200k per week :suicide:

Also You cannot expect an Arsenal fan who adored RVP to accept his decision .

Arsenal fans- :console:

He is gone ,move on .I felt same when Nando left but the fact of the matter Is you can't expect every player to be a Totti or a Gerrard

Fact is, United have always been in contention for the League title. You asked why Van Persie would think about a move to United. It is obvious to any neutral footballing fan that United are in a better position to win titles than Arsenal are, even with Van Persie in your squad. The results speak for themselves.

And about the sentimentality in this move? Well Arsenal fans have every right to feel aggrieved about the move. I wont dispute that. But you said you were looking at things from a neutral perspective. The answer for that is that is more money and a much better chance at winning trophies.

I said past is not always reflective of the future & I firmly believe Arsenal would have been better placed to win if we had RVP our current squad as compared to United, unless they had bought someone like Cavani in place of RVP... And I don't think that's my biased view as an Arsenal fan.

And how can result speak for themselves? We did not have the same squad last year, if you think this season's result will go the same way as they did last year for both Arsenal & United then you are highly mistaken.

I believe in them too, but we are critically short of strikers. If Suarez doesn't fire, or gets injured, whom do we replace him with?

The young kid signed from Dortmund or Pacheco or Morgan

I rather that our kids get a chance rather than a quick short term fix

Trust me on this we will not finish outside Top 6

Belie18ve

Also You cannot expect an Arsenal fan who adored RVP to accept his decision .

Arsenal fans- :console:

He is gone ,move on .I felt same when Nando left but the fact of the matter Is you can't expect every player to be a Totti or a Gerrard

We will move on, it's just that its still too soon to move on, its very difficult to see him score for United. The emotion is of pure anger & nothing else. And even though Torres went to chelsea, atleast he is a shadow of a player he was at Liverpool, can't say the same about RVP.

I hope we beat United when we play them next, it will help to move on. :bandit:

:blink: excuse me.

Other teams were better and i felt that year Bayern deserved to Win it.

Anyways Chelsea have been unlucky in the 5/6 seasons so i guess they deserved all the luck in winning the ucl i guess.

It was quite evident when we were discussing the final match here and the way bayern were missing chances then missing the penalty , everyone knew this was Chelsea year

Edited by 'Pranay

I didn't even mention that incident.. I wasn't talking about a single match in particular, just his behaviour overall, whenever I see him play..

1) You posted a picture of him, there wasn't any need of it as it doesn't make your point any strong.

2) You watch him PLAY.

secret admirer, eh?

If you think arsenal squad with Rvp will be better than united squad without Rvp,you are mistaken IMO.

Last year we had very weak side because of injuries and heck striker wasn't the place where we were lacking,it was midfield and still is. The only reason we are struggling now is because of players playing at different positions than they prefer. Also vidic and ferdi is partnering for the first time after 8 months? Also we still have 2 injured defenders because of which we have to play rafael. So you are deluded if you think arsenal squad will be better. Also I guess you are missing out on rooney who was second highest scorer last year

We will move on, it's just that its still too soon to move on, its very difficult to see him score for United. The emotion is of pure anger & nothing else. And even though Torres went to chelsea, atleast he is a shadow of a player he was at Liverpool, can't say the same about RVP.

I hope we beat United when we play them next, it will help to move on. :bandit:

Understand your frustration but the earlier you get over the betrayal the better

RVP or not United team is better

I think the 2 games made that obvious

Tho Arsenal were well set for a serious title charge had they kept RVP

i agree the only thing we are missing now is a quality striker...if we had kept rvp i don't think united would have been any stronger than us...infact imo we would have been stronger quality wise..dont forget wilshere,kos,sagna are all yet to play this season..in defense we have 3 quality cbs who will be available most of the season and a rb who is one of the best...united have 2 quality cbs who are very injury prone..evra and rafael are guaranteed to commit a error or 2 per game...in midfield i don't think anybody would argue with the fact we have Superior players..in attack if we had kept rvp there would not be much difference in the forward line between both teams.

its unfortunate we had to sell him...i am not mad at him for wanting better pay package or a better chance to win trophies...he had not played more than half the matches in any season before last one..we persisted with him and even extended his contract but now after one good season he questions the direction of the club and moves to a rival team...the least i expected from him was thanking arsenal and stating clearly he doesn't wasn't to play for any other team in epl...if he had moved to real,barcelona or any team in italy then arsenal fans would have still loved him..fabregas moved to barcelona but is still loved by the fans.

i agree the only thing we are missing now is a quality striker...if we had kept rvp i don't think united would have been any stronger than us...infact imo we would have been stronger quality wise..dont forget wilshere,kos,sagna are all yet to play this season..in defense we have 3 quality cbs who will be available most of the season and a rb who is one of the best...united have 2 quality cbs who are very injury prone..evra and rafael are guaranteed to commit a error or 2 per game...in midfield i don't think anybody would argue with the fact we have Superior players..in attack if we had kept rvp there would not be much difference in the forward line between both teams.

its unfortunate we had to sell him...i am not mad at him for wanting better pay package or a better chance to win trophies...he had not played more than half the matches in any season before last one..we persisted with him and even extended his contract but now after one good season he questions the direction of the club and moves to a rival team...the least i expected from him was thanking arsenal and stating clearly he doesn't wasn't to play for any other team in epl...if he had moved to real,barcelona or any team in italy then arsenal fans would have still loved him..fabregas moved to barcelona but is still loved by the fans.

So now Vidic is injury prone?

Also how in gods name is Arteta,Wilshere,Diaby,Cazorla better than Scholes,Cleverly,Kagawa,Carrick (We also have anderson,Giggs and Fletcher)?

• Like 1

Just came to know,Man U bought De Gea for 17 mil :O

And Levy bought the french captain for 8 mil :P

did spurs really need to buy lloris this season? feel bad for friedel as he has been pretty good and he is on a streak of 307 consecutive starts in EPL which wil be broken :(

and green got trolled by QPR..was the first choice at westham and decided to move to QPR and then they signed cesar :lol: