Demon's Souls

KnackChap

i killed 1-3 by dodging and firing off arrows, actually bior did most of the killing. i just took cheapshots, and kept him little distracted. one advise dont try to hide behind pillars he will penetrate them :bigyellowgrin:

the worst part comes after you kill him... :fear:

i killed yurt near the rescue point only. by whacking him with the cleaver and making him fall down...afterwards if you reload the game or come back later....you will find his armour near the cage....

you can take him out by sniping with arrows or spells, firestorm will devestate him.....if you kill any boss before killing him he will kill freke's apprentice next and for every boss killed he will keep killing npcs one by one and finally will attack you. so kill him asap

the worst part comes after you kill him... :fear:

Yes. The designers sat down and thought: Hmm our guy has just finished a long level and a big bad tough boss and feeling cocky. Let's take him down a few notches and really surprise him.

Who the f**k puts three black phantoms in one area with uber skills and weapons and armour?

Come to think of it 1-4 is really bad - there are more special enemy classes than regular champus.

finished NG :dance: on SL 91....did not have anymore patience to level up, killed the old monk, collosus, vinland, astrea and the king all in one go.....

the final boss is the most devastating shock in the whole game....

i mean they should have made him little intimidating it was such an anticlimax...he just flops around, splashes in the pool and shouts at you...what is that...

i know it is shown that he has been sucked dry by the old one and all, they could have made us kick the old one's a*s or something...but no we get to see it LULLED back to slumber... :wallbash:

i honestly did not know whether to laugh or cry....the developers have literally at every point done the opposite of what you think any other game would do....you die the game gets tougher, you just killed a difficult boss ok here fight 3 non-boss demons which even alone will kill you faster than the boss....so, finally your journey has ended, you have killed numerous demons, searched for rare items and weapons, farmed the hell out of those flying mantas, skeletons, reapers and crystal lizards, all for this moment, finally you are going to face off against the main demon, the gigantic, soul sucking, fog spewing, tree sprouting monstrosity :THE OLD ONE...but....thats ok the blind goth chick will handle him, you instead kill this black caterpillar like thing which you can defeat with your fists at a soul level of 0 :furious:

BUT, even after so much hating i have to say i really enjoyed playing it(weird, i know)...i cant really highlight any one thing that makes it so amazing, if you break it down individually every thing in the game is insanely unforgiving and should put you off, but somehow on the whole it comes together nicely....

and i will give the NG+ a try after the mixed feeling of triumph and frustration fade.

^^ Congrats. How was the experience with Garl Vinland? That was the most frustrating fight for me. Who the hell gives a boss who can cast God's Wrath AND Heal?

Use his own weapon against him. Weapons with knockdown like Giant axe, Meat cleaver, Dragon bone smasher all make quick work of him.

finished NG :dance: on SL 91....did not have anymore patience to level up, killed the old monk, collosus, vinland, astrea and the king all in one go.....

the final boss is the most devastating shock in the whole game....

i mean they should have made him little intimidating it was such an anticlimax...he just flops around, splashes in the pool and shouts at you...what is that...

i know it is shown that he has been sucked dry by the old one and all, they could have made us kick the old one's a*s or something...but no we get to see it LULLED back to slumber... :wallbash:

i honestly did not know whether to laugh or cry....the developers have literally at every point done the opposite of what you think any other game would do....you die the game gets tougher, you just killed a difficult boss ok here fight 3 non-boss demons which even alone will kill you faster than the boss....so, finally your journey has ended, you have killed numerous demons, searched for rare items and weapons, farmed the hell out of those flying mantas, skeletons, reapers and crystal lizards, all for this moment, finally you are going to face off against the main demon, the gigantic, soul sucking, fog spewing, tree sprouting monstrosity :THE OLD ONE...but....thats ok the blind goth chick will handle him, you instead kill this black caterpillar like thing which you can defeat with your fists at a soul level of 0 :furious:

BUT, even after so much hating i have to say i really enjoyed playing it(weird, i know)...i cant really highlight any one thing that makes it so amazing, if you break it down individually every thing in the game is insanely unforgiving and should put you off, but somehow on the whole it comes together nicely....

and i will give the NG+ a try after the mixed feeling of triumph and frustration fade.

During the endgame event, you're not in the Nexus. Meaning Black Maiden can be killed. Which is actually the alternate ending of the game, and also gives you a special stone called Red Eye stone.

garl vinland:

first when i saw him right across the cliff i was like hahaahahah i am so going to make swiss cheese out of him with my bow, but after the first arrow hit he takes up guard and arrows stop doing any damage to him....i said no problemo i will hop across to the girl over there and swiss cheese her. went down the rocks, saw the plague swamp, and those plague babies. after my experience in the earlier swamp i had decided to read up a lil abt this swamp. so i had my disease ring on and was wearing the black armour. and distracted the babies with lot of soul remains. jumped into the swamp to cross to another rocky ledge, but for some reason could not climb up. WTF, suddenly PLAGUE, What!!! how can i be infected so fast i have magical rings and armour and stuff, what the hell, i ate a lotus, plague gone. meanwhile the soul remain dissipated. sh*t, the babies will come after me now, but wait, they were submerging, hmm is it possible they fed on those soul remains and their hunger was satiated. For once i thought the devs have done something nice. i started moving to astrea, but went a little ahead and got blocked by some invisible barrier. What now,(for one thing i learnt the devs of this game are evil people i mean like really evil) a baby surfaces right in front of me. another one on my left, one after the other, they surface and within no time i am plagued, my stamina, health zero and my blood splattered on the ground together with 70k souls. i was furious, those bastard babies (literally, it says so in the game); i will show them, it's on now. i went back to teach them some bloody manners, pretty much the same thing happened again and again and again and again. i gave up, FCUK the babies, it's off. i took my cleaver and went to face vinland head on. after entering the area, i cast second chance, put some black turpentine on my cleaver, hotkeyed all the different grasses i had and somehow managed to slip and fall again into the swamp....son of a bitch. after a few more tries i did manage to reach him safe and sound and beat him with my cleaver with much less trouble than it took to get to this freaking place. :P

i will definitely do the alt end in NG+. even though i really like that maiden's voice. that accent is so sexy.

"touch the demon inside me" :thumbsup:

guys..want some help.. wanna play this really bad and the phantom edition is available for now. but it's pal and i read that the online is region locked. so..won't be able to play with most of active players here right? anyway..which community is better in terms of online, the american or EU?

i'm also getting a used NTSC copy..should i go for that?

Get whichever ver. you can, its not like you will be doing hours of co-op with friends.

Online is all about interaction with random people.

Get the EU or the Asian version.

guys..want some help.. wanna play this really bad and the phantom edition is available for now. but it's pal and i read that the online is region locked. so..won't be able to play with most of active players here right? anyway..which community is better in terms of online, the american or EU?

Is the phantom edition available in India?? If so can you please let me know whom i can get in touch with... Thanks!!!

garl vinland:

first when i saw him right across the cliff i was like hahaahahah i am so going to make swiss cheese out of him with my bow, but after the first arrow hit he takes up guard and arrows stop doing any damage to him....i said no problemo i will hop across to the girl over there and swiss cheese her. went down the rocks, saw the plague swamp, and those plague babies. after my experience in the earlier swamp i had decided to read up a lil abt this swamp. so i had my disease ring on and was wearing the black armour. and distracted the babies with lot of soul remains. jumped into the swamp to cross to another rocky ledge, but for some reason could not climb up. WTF, suddenly PLAGUE, What!!! how can i be infected so fast i have magical rings and armour and stuff, what the hell, i ate a lotus, plague gone. meanwhile the soul remain dissipated. sh*t, the babies will come after me now, but wait, they were submerging, hmm is it possible they fed on those soul remains and their hunger was satiated. For once i thought the devs have done something nice. i started moving to astrea, but went a little ahead and got blocked by some invisible barrier. What now,(for one thing i learnt the devs of this game are evil people i mean like really evil) a baby surfaces right in front of me. another one on my left, one after the other, they surface and within no time i am plagued, my stamina, health zero and my blood splattered on the ground together with 70k souls. i was furious, those bastard babies (literally, it says so in the game); i will show them, it's on now. i went back to teach them some bloody manners, pretty much the same thing happened again and again and again and again. i gave up, FCUK the babies, it's off. i took my cleaver and went to face vinland head on. after entering the area, i cast second chance, put some black turpentine on my cleaver, hotkeyed all the different grasses i had and somehow managed to slip and fall again into the swamp....son of a bitch. after a few more tries i did manage to reach him safe and sound and beat him with my cleaver with much less trouble than it took to get to this freaking place. :P

i will definitely do the alt end in NG+. even though i really like that maiden's voice. that accent is so sexy.

"touch the demon inside me" :thumbsup:

:roflroll:

Another satisfied customer. I took one look at the swamp and didn't even venture near it. Vinland was :samui: I was down to my last spice when I beat him.

Finally finished 5-2 & 5-3. Only 3-3 and 1-4 is remaining now. But what the f**k i was killed atleast 6 times in 3-3, i was like :rant: , am i that bad in PvP, what should i take with me to beat the final boss there, i tried soul ray, everything related to fire in magic, my kilji+4, most that worked is kilji and soul ray. Also which shield should ui take, recently i opted for purple flame shield, but it seems it is not that effective, also as my build is magic i don't have much choice in all weapons also, i am in soul level 79, where my magic capacity is 4. Please suggest.

Also i easily beat Garl Vinland with my kilji, i was in white world tendancy,

then when i faced black phantom Garl Vinland

retarded Airtel digital TV called up and i was like damn i have almost killed him, but by the time i put down the phone he used moon grass and i since then tried thrice to no avail. And that bloddy swamp, "You are plagued" message comes up as soon as i enter that area, why why why all the time.

Get whichever ver. you can, its not like you will be doing hours of co-op with friends.

Online is all about interaction with random people.

Get the EU or the Asian version.

so..dsnt make a diff? will be getting the BFE now :cheers:

@ nautical.. i saw 1 at Alfa. it cme here officially so you may be able to find a few unsold here n there.

Edited by achilles