The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Aftrunner

^^ Yup. Saved and tapped! :bigyellowgrin:

BTW I guess we're the only people here who sided with Iorveth. Everyone else went with Roche because they're all loyal and sh*t...

Please make a storage chest DLC CDPR... please please please. And preferably before I start my second playthrough.

Also, I had this weird problem with the Troll Trouble DLC. It keeps redownloading itself and never actually gets installed. A lot of others are facing this issue as well and the devs have promised to fix it in a patch. I hope that comes before the second PT as well.

yea i have the dlc problem too. i don't think i'll be replaying it any time soon... i'll probably wait for an enhanced edition where they fix a lot of things that need fixing before starting again.

Dude that fker charged me a bomb (pun intended).

Also I played the most fkin frustrating mission in this game till date.

I had to explore a mine in chapter 2 with four dwarves and those fkin midgets kept coming in my way. They kept blocking me when I wanted to roll out of incoming attacks. ANd the fkin necros explode when they're about to die and those fkin midgets blocked me there too. And even if I rolled in opposite direction, the assumed I was backing away and they immediately start chasing me.

WORST FKIN MISSION EVER!

/rant over

rpg hater <_<

finished chapter 2. anyone can give an estimate on how much time it will take to finish the game from here (rough estimate in hours). l.a. noire showed up today, wondering whether to start off with that or not... if the witcher 2 won't take more than a day or two i'll finish it up first.

^^ Yup. Saved and tapped! :bigyellowgrin:

BTW I guess we're the only people here who sided with Iorveth. Everyone else went with Roche because they're all loyal and sh*t...

Cos we assholes like that. /fistbump

didn't realize there was another page....

I thought this bug was specific to the GOG version; the launcher fails to connect to the servers most of the time. And to think that this mission was heavily featured in many of the previews.

nope. what happens is, when the dlc downloads, it verifies the downloaded data against a crc value that is cached in the launcher. that crc value is wrong, so the downloaded file will never get verified, even though it is correct. we need a patch for the launcher to put in the correct crc value and the dlc will only work then. it's a chapter 1 quest btw, so if anyone has already passed it, it's moot unless you do another playthrough.

Not yet man.

I passed a burnt down house, and then killed every Harpe in site and then I reached the bottom and fkin both doors are locked :|

I hope creeps don't respawn.

oh yea, they do respawn. i reached those locked doors twice myself. once i was exploring and then the other time i found a key but it didn't actually fit the locks :|

oh yea, they do respawn. i reached those locked doors twice myself. once i was exploring and then the other time i found a key but it didn't actually fit the locks :|

They don't respawn in the quarry once you blow up the nests. Also the locked doors are a part of the main quest. You'll get the key eventually.

EDIT: I just remembered that you sided with Roche, so you won't have access to those areas as well as the Harpy Contract quest.

finished chapter 2. anyone can give an estimate on how much time it will take to finish the game from here (rough estimate in hours). l.a. noire showed up today, wondering whether to start off with that or not... if the witcher 2 won't take more than a day or two i'll finish it up first.

I'm in the same boat, finished some Chapter 3 quests and it doesn't seem like there's much left. Better finish The Witcher 2 before starting L.A. Noire.

which sword is better??

robust yellow meteorite silver sword(attack-30-33,bonus +2 adrenaline each time u hit the foe

or

robust blue meteorite silver sword(attack-30-33,bonus +7 sign dmg or intensity not remember)

i crafted the robust blue one.

robust blue one if u dont have the finisher moves unlockerd, if u do then the robust yellow sword

@ Spin: OOOOODDDDRRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!..........WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Like Snake said Adrenaline boost only makes sense if you've unlocked the finishers. Otherwise the bonus is a waste and you might find a better sword later on. You actually get plenty of great swords as quest rewards towards the end of Chapter 2.

You actually get plenty of great swords as quest rewards towards the end of Chapter 2.

i didn't get a lot. just a couple actually... this is the best one i've found so far

j35sdl.jpg

fire runes are pretty neat... 1 in 5 hits sets the enemy on fire :D

I got one that does 44-50 DMG and a couple of silver ones as well. I even had to throw away a few of my meteorite swords... :cry:

And Chapter 3 is simply overkill when it comes to weapons and armor...

CDPR should have designed the game better, especially for loot whores such as myself. The amount of weapons and armor available is way too less. It is a great feeling when you get owned by an enemy only to come back with a stronger weapon and stats to absolutely rape him. This is the only thing that makes Jrpgs so awesome. If you ever get immersed in a Jrpg, it will satisfy you by the time you reach the end. Witcher 2 could have become the best RPG ever created if CDPR had the resources to make a longer game.

20 side quests in each act + powerful enemies should have been easy for them.

Completely agree about the loot. The amount is fine but it should have been better spread out across the chapters. Also I would have loved more "Witcher" type quests. More monster contracts and optional bosses like the trophy monsters from Witcher 1. The bestiary is also pretty limited compared to the first game. Only a handful of different monsters :(

@MT, the console port will be their next project. I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Director's Cut appearing anytime soon. The least I expect is a few patches addressing some of the bigger issues.

Finished!

32 hours, level 34 (just short of the lvl 35 achievement).

Loved it and I'm already looking forward to my second playthrough (and then perhaps a third). There are many things which could have been done in a better way but overall I'd say this is the best RPG I've played since... well... Witcher 1. Definitely a must play for any self-respecting RPG fan. That said, I'd still rank The Witcher 1 higher than this. It had that certain something which Witcher 2 lacks despite doing a lot of things better.

Here's a brief synopsis of my ending...

I had sided with Iorveth at the end of Chapter 1.

Pretty much all the major players both friends and enemies are alive at the end of my adventure including the Dragon/Saskia and Letho (yeah my Geralt is a bit of a softie). The ending had me leaving the city with Triss with an invasion imminent. Geralt now has enough information about Yennefer to start looking for her, which I feel will be his personal quest in the next game.

Archived