The Supernatural Thread

DishuBOSS

Sounds like a good idea, any recommendations, over PM if they can't be posted here :fear:

|

Bitch please.. Do you even Ramsay Brothers ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3ZPPBe5QTM

Bollywood kitsch at its finest :majesty:

P.S. there is a scene in the above video wherein a girl whilst showering discovers that water from the shower has suddenly turned into blood. I saw this movie when i was 7ish. 2-3 days later, i was all alone in the house, decided to take a bath, i put my head beneath the faucet with running water, bending my back (as i was a lazy f**k and could not wait for the water to accumulate in the bucket- we did not have showers). A while later, i just jerked my head upwards to stand, conveniently forgetting that i am under a metal tap, collision between metal and squishy skin went as well as you can think, blood start pouring out of my head, i had banged it hard somewhere right on the top/middle part of my skull.

And here is the kicker: The first thought that came to me was not- "holy sh*t i have banged my head in a blunt metal causing a wound big enough to have copious blood flowing out ZOMGWTFBBQ !!!! ?!?! :panic:

but instead my mind went straight away to the aforementioned movie scene and i concluded- "holy sh*t, i have demons in my house that have caused blood to pour from taps ZOMGWTFBBQ !!?!? :panic: :panic:

thankfully parents returned with in 3-4 mins and the wound was not deep enough to affect the skull. had myself a heavily bandaged head for a while though.

Edited by Nemo

Why don't they allow people to go there after sunset? What if somebody sneaks by after sunset? Has anybody sneaked into the fort before?

Entry to Bhangarh is legally prohibited between sunset and sunrise. A

signboard posted by ASI (Archaeological Survey of India), which is a

Government of India organization, specifies the instructions. While the

board is written in Hindi, the instructions on it roughly translate

into: "Entering the borders of Bhangarh before sunrise and after sunset

is strictly prohibited. Legal action would be taken against anybody who

does not follow these instructions".

Nice thread. I'm a sucker for scary stories and supernatural stuff. Haven't experienced anything first hand though.

The closest I came to it was a terrifying experience of sleep paralysis. If I hadn't known about the phenomenon I would have considered it to be a supernatural experience.

It happened when I was staying with my grandparents (about 10 years ago). It was a lazy Sunday afternoon and I decided to take a nap. At some point I woke up but everything around me was fuzzy. It was the same room and I could see everything (furniture, the ceiling fan spinning etc) but the atmosphere was thick and there was a weird droning sound in my ears. The worst part was that I felt a very, very malevolent presence around me. It was just out of sight but I could hear it breathing and making sounds. It was then I realized was that I couldn't move at all. I tried to speak but I couldn't do that either. This went for (what felt like) a very long time. I surely didn't feel like a dream at all. Everything was so real. Eventually I slipped back to sleep but when I woke up I was f**king terrified. Let's just say I couldn't sleep that night.

The next day I googled it and found out about sleep paralysis. I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that it was a very common thing and almost everybody experiences it at least once (some more than others). Still I was glad that it wasn't a haunting or anything supernatural. I still get it from time to time but now I know what it is so I can wake up or slip back into sleep.

Okay. I never knew what this thing was untill I read a post by you explaining sleep paralysis earlier on. I've experienced it so many times. Before reading your post I always believed it is some weird sh*t but funnily the thought of asking someone or just searching online did not occur to me. I thought about it once but then thought what am I going to type on the search field? I'm awake but can't move, explain please? :P

One of the very, very few things that have terrified me till now. Now it is cool though, if it happens, I just smile and try to go back to sleep.

A lot of alien abduction and haunting claims can actually be explained by it. One of my friends was convinced that his house was haunted (there's another backstory to it, which I'll post later). He recounted a "ghost attack" he experienced one night and it was the exact same symptoms as sleep paralysis. I then told him about the phenomenon.

I can easily see how anyone who doesn't know about it would think of it as a supernatural event. It feels so damn real and scary.

I went down to take a walk after dinner and every person I saw passing by me, I thought it was a Chalaava. Why they no leave my mind now? :fear: :fear: :fear:

and @AK77 I know about that bro but I don't understand what will happen to the person if he trespasses. Will be vanish or something? Has someone actually tried it? :mellow:

aware as in what sense ? aware meaning that you are aware thst you ate awake but cant move your body and are ergo sh*t scared or aware meaning you know why this is happening, as it is happening ?

the latter. aware that's what happening is sleep paralysis. aware that's its something that's common and that it's not something that harm you, so it's not something to be afraid of. is it still scary when you're aware of all that?

edit: nvm, just saw ach's post. Guess it answers my question.

what am I going to type on the search field? I'm awake but can't move, explain please? :P

Yes. :mellow:

zgi57UA.png

:P

Edited by Dylanjosh
  • Like 3

Am i the only one who doesnt believe in this? :|

Except for Sleep paralysis.

Probably not. I don't believe in it either, but I love reading stories like this and getting scared. Gives you kind of a rush. And to get scared you have to believe them. One of my favourite scary story sites has the description: Everything is true here, even if it's not.

Get it?

Edited by Dylanjosh

Probably not. I don't believe in it either, but I love reading stories like this and getting scared. Gives you kind of a rush. And to get scared you have to believe them. One of my favourite scary story sites has the description: Everything is true here, even if it's not.

Get it?

Yea but i cant make my subconscious believe in it.

But i did get that rush when i read about sleep paralysis.

This happened to my cousin in his college days, now normally whenever my cousin used to tell me a scarey story ( he is around 15 years elder) I would go to my bua scared and she would tell me how it was fake and/or what really happened but there is one incident which she said even she was baffled on what happened.

What happened was that my cousin was returning home from a party with friends, they were all in a 800 and we're driving home, now we are talking about Dehradum here, its usually a quaint town. While coming back on a chauraha they saw an old lady with disheveled white hair and white clothes just sitting in the middle of the road with some boxes around her. Now my cousins friends while driving past her started closing their windows but one friend was too slow and as soon as they came near her she stood up and did a small motion and threw something inside their car. Some rice and a mango leaf came inside the car and got lost as they couldn't find it in the dark. As they were driving back home all the dogs started barking at them and following their car. My brother picked up his bike and had to drive really fast to get home without the dogs getting him. When he got home, his dog kept growling at him and pulling his jeans and T Shirt, my bua was really scared and got ganga jal and sh*t. After 3 or 4 hours the dog calmed down and he could finally sleep. Next morning he called his friend who said there was red colored rice in the car and a leaf on which something was written but his mother didn't let him read it and burned the leaf.

When I was small my buas reaction scared me more than the story itself.

• Like 4

the latter. aware that's what happening is sleep paralysis. aware that's its something that's common and that it's not something that harm you, so it's not something to be afraid of. is it still scary when you're aware of all that?

:P

Of course not, when you have a rational scientific explanation for anything weird going around you then you are not scared as you don't have to look into supernatural to get a reason. Sleep Paralysis, on a micro level is just opposite of Sleep walking. When you sleep, both your body and mind are in a semi anesthetic state, so that you don't start flapping aimlessly. When your body some how wakes up before mind you have people sleep walking, and in rare cases the mind wakes up before the body- hence sleep paralysis.

Am i the only one who doesnt believe in this? :|

Except for Sleep paralysis.

Not alone bro. Ghosts and supernatural do not exist. Period. That does not stop me however from getting scared, ergo harnessing an emotional rush out of it. Any thing that is attributed to supernatural can be explained by science. Maybe not all of it but that is only because we have not yet discovered the reason, mostly because the tech has not advanced to that level. Take the most common of examples- Haunted Houses.

We have people reporting sightings of Ghost apparitions and/or a nagging, melancholy- a feeling of despair if you will; at certain places convincing everyone that there are ghosts present there. The most accurate explanation to it is-

Infrasound. It's noise at a low enough frequency that you don't consciously hear it, but your ears still sense it. The process of receiving sensory input without your conscious mind understanding where it's coming from wreaks havoc with your emotions. Specifically, researchers found that sounds between 7 and 19 Hz it could induce fear, dread or panic.

It doesn't take a mad scientist mind control device to create infrasound -- mother nature is creating this type of low frequency vibration all the time. Volcanos, earthquakes, strong ocean waves and even winds hitting the hillside in just the right spot can create infrasound. Even animals can create it and tigers are particularly well known as a source. The frequency of a tiger's roar is around 18Hz -- right in that range mentioned earlier. So now we have a phenomenon that occurs in nature, is invisible, is imperceptible on a conscious level, but can spontaneously make you feel irrational fear, even if you're sitting in an empty room.

As for ghost sightings,

Infrasound, yup, the same as before. According to a NASA study, it (the range 7-19 Hz) is powerful enough to resonate with the average human eyeball, causing "smeared" vision. This is a phenomenon where the eye vibrates just enough to register something static -- say, the frame of your glasses or a speck of dust -- as large, moving shapes.

So, there you have it...

1388_yeah-science-bitch_460-418.jpg

Credits:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound

http://www.cracked.com/article_18828_the-creepy-scientific-explanation-behind-ghost-sightings.html

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA030476&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf

• Like 1

I have had my share of scary stories. Had a couple of neighbours (1 set hailing from himachal and another from Mathura), both families having resided in old khandani type places away from main city and had tons of stories to tell. Every night we used to go for a walk and they told me so much stuff that I used to sort of black out my mind so that I could sleep :fear:. Don't know till date how much was true.

The scariest moment btw was one day when I woke up (was around 7-8 yrs at the time), went to my backyard and saw a small container (a small earthen pot) hanging on the clothes line. When I went near it, it was hanging by a cloth full of blood :O

Ran to my parents screaming. My dad took it out and threw it away while my mum kept yelling at him not to touch it. He had a pretty bad year starting immediately. Now, I don't believe in this stuff but it was too hard to be a coincidence. On the same day, he had a fracture, few days later he lost a lot of money, then a relative took over our patriarchal home, he lost a lot of his health and was in a bad shape for almost an year, my mother also started having some fits like thing which no doctor could diagnose (she would start throwing her head back and forth and couldn't control it at all even though she knew she was doing it). Finally after every one forced us, we gave in and called a baba kind of guy who did some stuff on my parents, making them sit and talking to them. My mother was growling and shouting like they do in those movies where they show that some bhoot has captured you. Finally she calmed down and after that, she stopped having those fits and rest conditions also improved.

Till date, I don't know what to make of it. It is also forbidden at my place to even think about those times.

• Like 5

@ Shantz Bro, you are not alone, a lot of families have had such experiences, but it is not easy to talk about it with every Tom, Dick & Harry, these things are so intimate and vulnerable to ridicule that people choose to keep quiet about it, or suppress it, just like it happens in any other emotional struggle, or assault ( e.g rape, molestation etc.)) only those who have undergone the harrowing experience themselves understand the dumbfoundedness that grips a person during & after such episodes.

Thanks for sharing a part of your life, i can imagine you having a dilemma about whether to share or not share!!

• Like 2