Battlefield 4

PS Fan

Which platform will you buy BF4 for?  

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What Engineer gun are you guys using? The one you start off with is alright but it sucks for anything other than close quarters. Anything as OP as the SCAR in this? :P

Also f**k the unlocking system in this game already. Seriously, what a goddamn grind fest.

Edited by Aftrunner

What Engineer gun are you guys using? The one you start off with is alright but it sucks for anything other than close quarters. Anything as OP as the SCAR in this? :P

Use a carbine as soon as you can unlock it.

For PDW's (which are close range only weapons), these are the ones I recommend,

• PP-2000 (slow rate of fire, makes it better for medium range combat but not too much, large magazine size)
  • AS-VAL (blister fast fire rate, suppressor makes it the best you can be at close range, small magazine size means you can end up in a spot if you don't choose your battles)
  • MP-7 (great fire rate combined with stupid good hip-fire)

These are all that I use.

Some good carbines,

• AK-5C (starter, good all rounder with no particular vices or advantages)
  • AKU-12 (great long range engagement weapon, can give a good account against rifles, not so good close up because of slower fire rate)
  • MTAR-21 (deadliest catch, slap on a laser and hip-fire to Kingdom Come just don't expect to hit anything over a 100 yards because of the recoil kick and high fire-rate)

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Edited by ALPHA17
  • Like 1

After I unlocked everything, it is not like it is super hard to unlock them. Give me a DMR unlock pack DICE, for free. :notangel:

@ Alpha. Pretty close to unlocking the AK5C will check it out.

Yes, that is the starter carbine, good stuff for a jump off weapon.

In-fact between this and the AKU-12 I hardly use the other carbines. The MTAR-21 on occasion comes handy with the Assault / Support class when I play in DOMINATION / TDM game modes.

732bll.jpg

One step forward and three backwards is what I feel happens when DICE release a patch, which then needs another follow up patch to patch.

Edited by ALPHA17

The sandstorm in Gulf of Oman. naDV4qt.png

This. At first I waited for it to be over. It didn't. Then I started loving it. Sniped a couple of guys during the sandstorm. Oh them feels...

naDV4qt.png

Never change Dice, never change. :lol:

Wait till you go through the others, the ACE 52 CQB / 53 are also held in high regard although I never really like that line of guns (neither the ACE 23 assault rifle).

For me the AK-5C / AKU-12 is best when you know you will do a lot of outdoor shooting intermittently peppered with panic sprays. MTAR-21 when the pray-spray is more important than long range stopping power.

I didn't like it at all. It's way too bright for my taste and the autumn palette doesn't look good. =(

Edit: We need to set up some session like last week "Hit & Run" (server). At least 2-3 times a week. Playing at different time and with random people sucks.

Each squad-mate is going somewhere and doing some shite on his own.

Edited by Heaven Angel

Is it out on PS4

Can you guys not force an update, manually?

Even if there was a reschedule, you should have been allowed to download by now.

Edit: We need to set up some session like last week "Hit & Run" (server). At least 2-3 times a week. Playing at different time and with random people sucks.

Each squad-mate is going somewhere and doing some shite on his own.

I agree, although dunno how many people will be part of this endeavour.

Would like to see regular play time but with TITANFALL inbound and members split on lines cannot even speculate the longevity of this set-up.

Anyway, I am game, Wednesday evenings and Weekends. If everyone can join us on the TeamSpeak server during play off, it will be even better.

Sent from my ST27i

Edited by ALPHA17

I'm just asking other ps4 players if it's out.

It was supposed to unlock around 1430 Hours for PC users, you guys were to get out around the same time but it was rescheduled.

By now the embargo should have lifted, even keeping US time-zones in mind.

As for forcing update....dono what you mean

But no console gets DLC unless officially released on store

I mean, cannot you select the game in your library and manually ask it to check for updates and download them.

This is how I started my download because ORIGIN, being what it is was adamant that I had no updates.

Sent from my ST27i