Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Karooo

^ I totally get what you're saying.. but Fast Travel is a standard of open world games, and I don't think you should force long treks on your players. People who like it can opt not to use it.

That's what I'm doing for Far Cry 3 right now. I like the driving, so I'm not using the fast travel at all. If I have to get from one end of the map to the other, I'll use the glider, boats, cars to get to the destination. It's a lot of fun. But I wouldn't force that on anyone. There are times even I get tired of it and just fast travel to a mission.

It's a standard because not many open world games offer the kind of exploration Dragon's Dogma offers. The worlds are bland and uneventful but DD actually feels alive and dangerous. And it's not like the game doesn't have fast travel at all. About halfway through the game you get access to items which you can place anywhere on the map and use as fast travel points. They should not patch fast travel outright just have these items unlocked and available from the beginning.

While I'd definitely prefer a PC version, I can't imagine playing this using KB+Mouse. The combat is designed for a controller. Same goes for Dark Souls.

The real reason it needs to be on PC are the technical issues especially the framerate, tearing, jaggies and low-res texture work. Again, same for Dark Souls.

I cant imagine how someone can play this game on the PC with a k/b and mouse , theyll have to make it gamepad mandatory and even then i dont want to see that happen , the controls are designed like that.

Between this game and skyrim , i liked DD better , in terms of open endedness and production values skyrim is untouchable but in the end its just a casual rpg and doesnt require much tact while playing and that can get boring , and all those mods for the PC version are 'trivial' at best unless they improve the games visuals or performance. At the end of the day its just a 'better oblivion' .In DD exploring locations feels , unexpected boss encounters and battles are spectacular , Before every encounter u have to actually have to prep yourself with the right pots and bons , proper enchantments for weapons depending on the foe , gear should be selected proportionately b/w sustainable weight and defense , climbing the larger bosses and hitting them and critical locations. Also unlike oblivion and skyrim all the dungeons are actually 'different' In skyrim all dungeons are the same crypt with different mazes.

.Also got to give credit to capcom trading and recruiting pawns system. The pawns here actually 'learn' and gain knowledge about monsters and quests while they assist your character and while assisting other players, and the more they learn the better they assist you. It just makes u feel somewhat 'connected' to other players and theres also the Ur Dragon where all the players must work together in order to kill it.

At the end of they day if i have to vote b/w skyrim and dragons dogma , ill vote for the latter. :)

AFAIK there are no plan of releasing it as a standalone pack (at least Capcom hasn't officially confirmed it).

The only way to get it is by buying Dark Arisen. Yeah it kinda sucks for those who already have the game but I don't really mind. I hope Dark Arisen has gameplay enhancements for the base game as well.

AFAIK there are no plan of releasing it as a standalone pack (at least Capcom hasn't officially confirmed it).

The only way to get it is by buying Dark Arisen. Yeah it kinda sucks for those who already have the game but I don't really mind. I hope Dark Arisen has gameplay enhancements for the base game as well.

A few days back i asked it on the official FB Page of the game , few people replied saying it will contain the original game , it makes sense as i read somewhere Japanese people don't like buying DLCs , frankly i prefer it this time since the boxart looks amazing & the DLC seems to be ambitious enough of the level of Ultimate MvC 3

I hope the difficulty scales based on your level . Im currently level 119 and even the hard mode is a joke now. I want a 'real' HARD mode.

Exactly. The game starts off as pretty challenging but about halfway through it becomes quite easy and towards the end it's pretty much a joke. I was one shotting orges and cyclops' with my bow skills.

Archived