The Crew

WMWM

Ubisoft delays open-world racing game The Crew

The tough decisions we are taking today to fully realize the major potential of our new creations have an impact on our short-term performance. We are convinced that, longer term, they will prove to be the right decisions both in terms of satisfaction for our fans and in terms of value creation for our shareholders. We are building franchises that will become perennial pillars of Ubisoft's financial performance.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/15/4841204/ubisoft-delays-open-world-racing-game-the-crew

I really hope they improve the driving mechanics to something like NFS or Motorstorm, ANIMUS buddy if you are reading this, please please forward my humble request to Ubi to save this awesome concept from being a mess

• 4 months later...

Developer : Ivory Tower and Ubisoft Reflections

Publisher : Ubisoft

Platforms : Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

Expected Release : Third Quarter of 2014

'The Crew' is an upcoming racing video game set in an open world environment.The single-player campaign is 20 hours long, and entails infiltrating criminal groups.Missions can be played alone, with friends, or with online co-op matchmaking.The multiplayer mode lets players create teams to compete online in races and other gametypes.There are no in-game loading screens or pauses.Players can also build cars with a tie-in app for iOS and Android.The game plans to use the new consoles' social and cooperative play features.

etbnzr.jpg

Here's a screenshot from the game :-

2rvz9fm.jpg

The Official Website : http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-GB/home

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really surprised that they're releasing this so soon. What I played at E3 last year didn't impress at all. The controls were horrendous. That said, I full expect Ivory Tower (ex-Eden) to get it right by launch.

And this trailer has me really excited.

So apparently the game has microtransaction based performance parts for cars that you buy with real cash, is locked to 30fps on consoles, and requires persistent online connection which will kick you out mid-race to title screen if disconnected.

Don't think I want this game..

^^Yep. Early sign of P2W.

The Limited Edition, which is available at retailers including Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Target and Walmart, comes with early unlocks for three cars: the BMW Z4, Dodge Ram SRT 10 and Mini Cooper S. Each vehicle includes its own set of more than a dozen custom and performance parts, as well as 10,000 Crew Credits.

So apparently the game has microtransaction based performance parts for cars that you buy with real cash, is locked to 30fps on consoles, and requires persistent online connection which will kick you out mid-race to title screen if disconnected.

Don't think I want this game..

And here goes my plan to buy this.....what is it with this always online sh*t.

Assholes.

Cheers

The fact that it includes microtransactions (which isn't confirmed) doesn't mean you can't unlock them just by playing the game. Let's not jump to conslusions.

Ubisoft Reflections has been conspicuous in its absence in the latest trailer and press release. I was quite happy that they were involved. I wonder what they're working on now.

They clearly said that Microtransactions are for those who cannot wait to complete the whole game which is gonna take much time.

But HPS said that controls are bad but can't we change them at will from settings, for consoles ..

MP is something unique which can get some attention, other than that it's just new NFS..

Archived