Gaming Headphones Guide & Discussion.

playstation

guys hows megalodon in gaming performance... ?

Check This Out : Razor Megaldon Review

http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/07/07/razer-megalodon-7-1-gaming-headphones-review

http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/razer-megalodon-headset/4505-13831_7-33719300.html

For games and Bluray which support 7.1 Surround Sound Audio the headset is pretty awesome.

Its realistic sound effects are exceptional.Overall a good buy for the price.

Please Check This Headset as well before buying:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B003VANOFY/ref=pd_cp_e_2

Both the Headsets offer great Gaming experience and are VFM.

Ebay India Link Of Megaldon

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Razer-Megalodon-7-1-Surround-Sound-Gaming-Headset-/250957283829?pt=IN_Video_Game_Systems&hash=item3a6e3841f5

Hi guys,

Needed some advice. I am not a hardcore gamer, and stick to mostly sports games (NBA 2k12 for instance) and a few others like GTA, RDR and LA Noire. I do not play FPS at all. But I wish to use headphones for gaming, to cut out the ambient noise for the most part. Should I just buy an XBOX adapter to connect my current regular headphones (PhilipsP2500/97) or would buying relatively cheap gaming headphones (like the Turtle Beach X11) REALLY make a big difference?

u guys know the boss of all headphones for FPS gaming at a reasonable price? (FPS gaming is specified bcoz u can hear footsteps and good surround and bcoz it is not bass amplyfing)

its called the fragtality mod

astro mixamp+ath-ad700+labtec lva7330 boom mic

simply the best for ppl on a budget

astro mixamp= $130 (wired) or $140 (wireless)

ath-ad700= $100

labtec LVA 7330= $30

PS3 chat cable (required to chat with headphones while using mixamp)= $10

simply fabulous...tried it once and i gotta say its waaay better than those astro a40 headsets

EDIT: even in the link in the post above agrees with me bigyellowgrin.gif

Thanks guys. The article helped, but most of the headphones mentioned there are way beyond my budget.

Can you guys PLEASE advise which headphones I can get for max. 3,000 bucks if my purpose is to (1) enjoy movies/tv content, and (2) get more out of casual gaming (no FPS, but to get more out of sports commentary, character conversations to follow storylines etc.)

Thanks guys. The article helped, but most of the headphones mentioned there are way beyond my budget.

Can you guys PLEASE advise which headphones I can get for max. 3,000 bucks if my purpose is to (1) enjoy movies/tv content, and (2) get more out of casual gaming (no FPS, but to get more out of sports commentary, character conversations to follow storylines etc.)

3k is not a small amount by any means and you probably want the best you can get, but you might be looking for too much from your headphones. Unless you are currently using truly low quality headphones, you will not "get" a lot more out of commentary/conversations by using more expensive equipment. Headphones won't make a bad game good, they won't make you like classical music, and they can't cure noobness in MP.

You might want to try some headphones before buying -- gaming for a few hours+ can be painful with uncomfortable headphones.

3k is not a small amount by any means and you probably want the best you can get, but you might be looking for too much from your headphones. Unless you are currently using truly low quality headphones, you will not "get" a lot more out of commentary/conversations by using more expensive equipment. Headphones won't make a bad game good, they won't make you like classical music, and they can't cure noobness in MP.

You might want to try some headphones before buying -- gaming for a few hours+ can be painful with uncomfortable headphones.

Appreciate your response. I'm using the Philips SHP 2500 right now. Any headphone suggestions with that as the benchmark? :)

Ross bro, I hope you read the article thoroughly ...

Either ways i am quoting a few paragraphs from the same, these i beilieve are in your budget and gives you an comparative idea for the same.

Philips SHP2500 - Budget closed back headphone found for less than $20. Very comfortable, and has a surprising decent sized soundstage for gaming. Not bad AT ALL for gaming with Dolby Headphone. Won't top the KSC75, but if you need isolation when gaming for the least amount of cash, this is a fine choice.

Fun: 5/10

Competitive: 6/10

Creative Aurvana Live! - Ah, the little Fostex driver that could. For $70 or so, this is one seriously good headphone, that works very well with Dolby Headphone. For a closed headphone, the soundstage is decent. Positioning is good, bass is excellent but not overwhelming, and the treble is relaxed enough to bring out the mids a bit more than the M50s, IMHO. I would directly compare them to the M50s. The M50s are more aggressive, with smaller soundstage, while the CAL is more laidback with a better sense of depth and width. If you're looking for a closed headphone under $100 for gaming, seriously consider the Creative AUrvana Live. I had absolutely no problem using them during my more competitive gaming sessions in CoD4 and MW2, though in the end, they are warmer in signature than I prefer.

Fun: 8/10

Competitive: 7/10

KSC75 - I mentioned this a few days ago, but let me bring them up again. Yes, this $13-20 clip on BELONGS here. Most of you already know what a bang for the buck these are, and I'm more than happy to say that they are also absolute stellar gaming headphones. Directionality is wonderfully accurate, detail is fantastic, and treble is pretty much the perfect amount. The bass is also no slouch, assuming you are in a decently quiet atmosphere. The KSC75 is very picky about what is around you, so the quieter the place you're in is, the better they perform. If you want to game on a budget, these should be not be taken lightly. I use them when I wanna relax and lay back, since I don't ever have to worry about them sliding off or out of position. They stay in place no matter what. I love them so much. You couldn't get me to give mine up unless it's for another pair...

Fun: 7/10

Competitive: 8/10

Turtle Beach PX21 - Hey, do you like hiss with your sound? Yeah? Then the PX21 is PERFECT for you. There is an audible hiss blanketed over the sound due to it's proprietary inline amp. Yeah, if you hook this up to the Mixamp, you're geting a hissy, double amped (in a bad way) piece of crap. Okay, not crap. If you can get over the hiss, the sound is actually pretty crisp and detailed. I actually LIKE the sound it has, hiss aside. However, due to the hiss, I won't go any further into trying to remotely going into the specifics. And yes, this is an innate issue with all PX21s. The inline amp is the problem.

Fun: 4/10

Competitive: 5/10

Steelseries Siberia V1 - Bought these for my now-ex girlfriend. Quiet possibly the most comfortable headphones I have ever worn. Seriously. The self adjusting headband is just AWESOME. Very light, and very open. Looks like a budget Sony MDR-F1. On to the sound... hmm... a bit on the veiled side. To be honest, they sounded better with music than they did with gaming. It wasn't even impressive with Dolby Headphone. I wouldn't look at these twice. The Siberia V2 is known to be pretty good, but sadly, I didn't get those because she didn't want pleather pads, so opted for the inferior version with tiny velours and smaller drivers.

Fun: 5/10

Competitive: 4/10

u guys know the boss of all headphones for FPS gaming at a reasonable price? (FPS gaming is specified bcoz u can hear footsteps and good surround and bcoz it is not bass amplyfing)

its called the fragtality mod

astro mixamp+ath-ad700+labtec lva7330 boom mic

simply the best for ppl on a budget

astro mixamp= $130 (wired) or $140 (wireless)

ath-ad700= $100

labtec LVA 7330= $30

PS3 chat cable (required to chat with headphones while using mixamp)= $10

simply fabulous...tried it once and i gotta say its waaay better than those astro a40 headsets

EDIT: even in the link in the post above agrees with me bigyellowgrin.gif

But the thing is Bro that this is not a viable option for us Indians, the ATH AD700 cost around 6k from Pristine note, the Astro Mixamp needs to be imported and with duties and shipping included it goes above 10K

SO in short just the Mixamp + AD700 is already costlier than the cost of a Brand New Ps3

yeah true man....even without duties its quite costly but heck i would rather buy this than an xbox (i mean i hav a ps3) because its better to enjoy the one console u have rather right?

anyways yeah its only for the rich buggers :P

but im saving up to get this thing...hopefully i manage it before the ps4 releases sad.gif

EDIT: u know i wrote for ppl on a budget in my above posts? well if u want even better stuff get the ad900 the "ppl on a budget" thing means ppl on a HIGH budget :P

Archived