Gorgeous PSP Phone Mock-Up

Gorgeous PSP Phone Mock-Up

pspphonemockup_01.jpg

Thanks to all these rumors about the PSP2 and a PSP Phone, all kinds of cool images have been hitting the Internet in the past few weeks. For example, there's the user-created design that really turned heads, and now, a new - and very slick - mock-up of a PSP Phone has set everyone talking yet again.

When this supposedly leaked magazine scan first came out, via MaxConsole and PSPFanboy, it was believed that it might actually be legitimate. It shows off what the hot Sony Ericsson PSP Phone would look like, and you have to admit, it's one hell of a sweet-looking unit. The screen would offer the same resolution as the current handheld, all PSP software would be playable, and it would replace the UMD format with M2 cards. One side would boast the joypad and analog stick for the standard PSP gaming controls, and the other would have the number keyboard for phone control. Without any doubt, this is something that might be an electronics consumer's dream.

Later, this image was confirmed to be nothing more than a potential mock-up of a PSP Phone, and not the official thing. However, with all this news and evidence piling up everywhere, it's starting to seem more and more obvious that Sony really is planning such a machine. Stay tuned for more info at this week's GDC!

This is actually quite an old image, at least in terms of Internet time. This mock-up came out first on Stuff magazine, Nov or Dec edition. I have t5he magazine with me and I believe DIRECTOR also posted about it back then.

The article was about some gizmo's that everyone would love to see in the near future and what are the probability of it turning out on the shelves for real. The PSP Phone got a 61% probability. The same article also featured XBOX 360 Ultimate and the probability for that was 100% I think.

Archived