Official Wii-U Thread

we are testing on it....we had it since last 3 months.

Yes Joe...i do work for Ubisoft Pune :)/>

Give me inside tour when I visit Pune (someday).

Controller looks same as xbox, they just move right stick to top and swapped A,B and X,Y..

Don't know how will be comfortable. (might try if they release Wii-U controller for PC :P )

Give me inside tour when I visit Pune (someday).

Controller looks same as xbox, they just move right stick to top and swapped A,B and X,Y..

Don't know how will be comfortable. (might try if they release Wii-U controller for PC :P/> )

Ninty has had that A,B X,Y configuration since more than 2 decades back.

I believe this now ...but not worth it for sure....COD on Nintendo WiiU no way :giggle:/>/>/>

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/16/nintendo-made-pro-controller-to-secure-call-of-duty-for-wii-u

Just so u know article is old , and black ops 2 is there on the Wii U.

Its just an assumption and mostly not true , since its a 'baseless' claim. Also when was the last time Patcher ever gave accurate analysis?? lol never. Anyone on ivg could be a better and more credible anyalyst than that guy . Its beyond me why game publications even give a F or pretend to give a F about his 'expert' analysis.

Black Ops 2 on Wii U is a bad port. It peforms the worst. BTW it is because devs are working on a new hardware and it will take some time. Exactly the main issue though, with next gen coming up, not sure how many 3rd party game devs would like to work on another new current gen console.

^^ That is not true at all , infact its much better compared to the ps3 and 360 version , the only downside is that it dosent have the yt livestream feature and thats going to be included in a patch very soon

wii u would be available through flipkart within a week :unsure:

i asked them when it will be available and they tweeted me back

"We're expecting stock in a week, tentatively. Will keep you posted once we have concrete dates."

i think i ll buy it :boxing:

everybody is comparing wii u with ps3/xbox 360 or upcoming ps4/xbox720

i dont like that idea.

lets look at current generation of consoles wii / ps3 / xbox360

ps3/xbox360 - good graphics

wii - not so good

ps3/xbox360 - many 3rd party developers

wii - many but not as many as ps3/xbox360

ps3/xbox360 - full hd

wii - not hd

still the winner of consoles is wii IN SALES. they soled most number of consoles worldwide? how come?

ps3/xbox360 target certain age group while wii full family can enjoy even little kids and old grandpas too encluding the age group ps3/xbox360 target.

most of the wii games are more fun rather than using ur mental energy.

so question here should be did wii u upgrade that functions that wii had? are they good enough?

i think comparison should be between wii and wii u. that are changes good enough to take it to next level not with other current or upcoming gen consoles.

and according to me they have done decent job upgrading wii experience in wii u.

plus they have MARIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :giggle:

wii u would be available through flipkart within a week :unsure:/>

i asked them when it will be available and they tweeted me back

"We're expecting stock in a week, tentatively. Will keep you posted once we have concrete dates."

i think i ll buy it :boxing:/>

everybody is comparing wii u with ps3/xbox 360 or upcoming ps4/xbox720

i dont like that idea.

lets look at current generation of consoles wii / ps3 / xbox360

ps3/xbox360 - good graphics

wii - not so good

ps3/xbox360 - many 3rd party developers

wii - many but not as many as ps3/xbox360

ps3/xbox360 - full hd

wii - not hd

still the winner of consoles is wii IN SALES. they soled most number of consoles worldwide? how come?

ps3/xbox360 target certain age group while wii full family can enjoy even little kids and old grandpas too encluding the age group ps3/xbox360 target.

most of the wii games are more fun rather than using ur mental energy.

so question here should be did wii u upgrade that functions that wii had? are they good enough?

i think comparison should be between wii and wii u. that are changes good enough to take it to next level not with other current or upcoming gen consoles.

and according to me they have done decent job upgrading wii experience in wii u.

plus they have MARIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :giggle:/>

But I bet it will be more than 25k on flipkart. Will wait for it to be available in palika bazaar. Expecting it to be around 17-18k within 5-6 months :P

^^ That is not true at all , infact its much better compared to the ps3 and 360 version , the only downside is that it dosent have the yt livestream feature and thats going to be included in a patch very soon

:doh:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-wii-u-face-off

I forgot to give link in my post:

The Wii U version matches the look of the Xbox 360 game and thus gives it an edge visually over the PlayStation 3 release, but unfortunately it comes up well short in terms of performance - an aspect that is all-important to the playability of a COD title. The frame-rate variance is such that the PS3 game feels generally smoother, while the 360 release feels like an entirely different game in the more demanding levels. Bearing in mind the commonalities in hardware design between Wii U and Xbox 360, we can't help but feel somewhat disappointed that Black Ops 2 under-performs so noticeably.

True, Treyarch have had years to optimise the COD engine for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and would not have had this luxury in preparing the game for Wii U. Furthermore, on a basic level, Black Ops 2 itself would have been designed with no regard for the Nintendo hardware. That said, we find it hard to blame the developer here - we have seen generational leaps in CPU, GPU and RAM technology since the launch of the Xbox 360 seven years ago, and for the Wii U hardware to under-perform to this extent on such a crucially important game doesn't look good for future prospects. Bearing in mind the specific areas that are causing the most noticeable dips in performance, once again it looks like the CPU is the main bottleneck.

Batman AC Wii U port is also a disappointment.

The overall takeaway is that the Wii U version of this classic title is unpolished and less enjoyable to play than Rocksteady's original. On top of the variable frame-rate, we were also disappointed to see the odd moment of more noticeable LOD popping and jerky FMV sequences suggesting that this version has some streaming issues. Unreal Engine titles background load data concurrently with streaming video, and you can hear the drive head zooming about, almost as if it is struggling to maintain both tasks - the halting playback adds further to the impression that this is a rougher, jerkier, more lacklustre rendition of the original.

It's Arkham City, and by default a good game, but the basic reality is that we'd take any of the older - and now cheaper - versions of this excellent title ahead of the underwhelming Wii U port.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-batman-arkham-city-wii-u-face-off

Again, till the devs put an effort to create a proper port, next gen will be out and then no 3rd party dev will care.

Archived