Ps4 import help?!+Really to buy it from abroad?

Jaskirat

Hello! Guys need your help?

A cousin of mine is going to USA next month.I was considering of getting A Ps4 through him.Now Some questions pop up in mind

1) Ps4 costs nearly around Rs 24000 with a bundled game in USA? whereas in India ps4 is available for 29k cheapest(eBay) without any game.another option is grey market offering for 26-27k(non warranty)

So clearly importing is the cheapest but Sony India provides 50% off on new ps4 if your ps4 fails and belongs to pal region but U.S. is NTSC and what are the chances of failure of the New Cuh 1200 and is NTSC ps4 repairable in India ?How is Sony warranty service in case of Ps4 is it worth to spend extra grands for the warranty?any custom appllicable on import?

Buying any electronics is a risk. For a difference of 4-5k I'd rather buy it in India and be happy with the one year warranty.

Either way Sony does not repair ps4 in India. Only replacement if Pal model. If the ps4 is US one you have no option but get it repaired it yourself.

At the end its your call. The money and the risk is yours.

So you are telling if my ps4 with Indian warranty gets some fault the only option i is replacement and will they provide a new or refurbished one?

Afaik if within 12 months it may be refurbished or new. After 12 months a new one on 50% payment.

I am thinking of asking my relative to bring a ps4 from uae.. It will cost me around 21k for a white ps4.. And does anybody know what is a half warranty?

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

for PS4 bought outside india

PAL territories : Pay 50% and get a replacement if something goes wrong in India

NTSC territories : Buy a new Ps4 for full price. No support from Sony India at all.

PAL territories : Pay 50% and get a replacement if something goes wrong in India

NTSC territories : Buy a new Ps4 for full price. No support from Sony India at all.

Pal territories means cancel with "O" and starts with "X" or does a uae bill confirms pal territory?

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

I did'nt know this when PAL territories are taken into consideration.

This is the same rule (50% payment for a new one)as Indian warranty ones right?

Yep.

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

So let me backup.

This literally means, if i buy a PS4 500 GB AT 20,300 INR in malaysia [1300 ringgits] (which is pal), my warranty treatment is same as i buy a 500 gb in sony india ?

The warranty treatment is not the same.

For consoles purchased in India with official bill the indian warranty is 12 months, in which time if something goes wrong you will get a refurb/new console from sony india at no charge. Out of warranty you will pay 50% for a new console.

For consoles bought outside india (PAL territories only) the 12 months does not apply however you are entitled to new console on 50% payment. So no free replacement for out of country purchases.

For NTSC consoles none of the above apply and you will need to get a new console at full cost.

Warranty and support

The biggest argument against importing the PlayStation 4 or buying it from the grey market is warranty. If your PS4 is not bought officially from India, Sony will not provide any sort of warranty coverage should something go wrong with the hardware. If you do happen to import it from the Middle East or Europe (PAL territories), you still won't get warranty, but if the console does die on you, Sony will give you a new PS4 as replacement for 50% of the Indian MRP. That benefit is not extended to PS4s purchased from non-PAL countries.

New consoles have been known to have hardware issues in the past, and while there are no alarming issues being reported for the PS4 just yet, it’s still a risk buying a launch console without warranty. So whether or not you import the PS4 is very much a case of weighing the risk of a hardware failure against the benefit of saving a few thousand Rupees.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ten-things-you-should-know-before-importing-ps4-in-india/0126088

The warranty treatment is not the same.

For consoles purchased in India with official bill the indian warranty is 12 months, in which time if something goes wrong you will get a refurb/new console from sony india at no charge. Out of warranty you will pay 50% for a new console.

For consoles bought outside india (PAL territories only) the 12 months does not apply however you are entitled to new console on 50% payment. So no free replacement for out of country purchases.

For NTSC consoles none of the above apply and you will need to get a new console at full cost.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ten-things-you-should-know-before-importing-ps4-in-india/0126088

Perfect -Now i get it.

thanks for clarifying things up. My bad, i didnt read the time frame of within 12 months.

Archived