The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Karooo

I will use God mode once when fighting Giants and kill those bastids and mammoths as well. :devil:

I'm at Level 30 and can battle giants and mammoths on even footing. Took down 2 giants and 3 mammoths in a single encounter today. I had Lydia with me, of course, but she yielded pretty quickly.

Ok something really weird happened..

i was doing this quest for the college where i have to go find the staff of magnus and when i returned to the college after finding the location of the staff, anacoo or whatever that dudes name is was using the eye of magnus and when the arch-mage tried to stop him there was this explosion and he was thrown outside the hall, when i stepped out i saw his body on the ground (he was dead) surrounded by other people from the college and thats when a dragon attacked so after i killed it the arch mage just got up and started running around while people were shouting he(meaning anaco) killed the arch mage!...this happen to anyone?

Edited by ScrewyAurum

Ok something really weird happened..

i was doing this quest for the college where i have to go find the staff of magnus and when i returned to the college after finding the location of the staff, anacoo or whatever that dudes name is was using the eye of magnus and when the arch-mage tried to stop him there was this explosion and he was thrown outside the hall, when i stepped out i saw his body on the ground (he was dead) surrounded by other people from the college and thats when a dragon attacked so after i killed it the arch mage just got up and started running around while people were shouting he(meaning anaco) killed the arch mage!...this happen to anyone?

That is official glitchy then. For me, he disappeared when I pressed Search on his body. Had to reload an earlier save.

Edited by MoonStruckHorrors

the game is going glitchy on me!!!! im doing the civil war quests .. i get a mission but no mission markers ... sometimes, the particular NPC who imsupposed to talk to for my next quest just dosnt talk to me ... (i had to beat the crap outta her and get her to attack me and then sheath my weapon and then she gave me my quest .. weird !!! this one quest wer i had to takeover a fort .. the mission marker dosnt showup .. luckily i already discovered the fort (but didnt clear it) and so i could go to it .. but then there was no one to kill and take over teh fort from .. ... . no enemies.. the dungeon was just not populated. so i had to reload, clear the fort even before i talked to the quest giver and then went and talked to her ,.. she gave me the quest and this time there were enemies at the fort.

:ko:

Well this game is awesome. Very awesome.

Shame about the UI though. Its not game breaking but honestly something this good deserves better. The level up screen is just flat out bad. I know the idea would have sounded cool initially but seriously, they should have just stuck with the classic "list" method.

The level up screen is just flat out bad. I know the idea would have sounded cool initially but seriously, they should have just stuck with the classic "list" method.

huh rly?....i thought it was nicely done.... I get a bit annoyed when i see a huge list with a bar below each skill or something, this seemed like a nice change ....

huh rly?....i thought it was nicely done.... I get a bit annoyed when i see a huge list with a bar below each skill or something, this seemed like a nice change ....

it doesn't work well with a mouse. especially when you have the constellations extending at different angles to the vertical. with a controller it's easy enough to move a stick in the approximately correct direction, but with a mouse you need to keep clicking in the direction you want to go and sometimes it moves onto a different node or even a different constellation altogether. it's slow and cumbersome and while it might look cool, it's not good from usability perspective.

it doesn't work well with a mouse. especially when you have the constellations extending at different angles to the vertical. with a controller it's easy enough to move a stick in the approximately correct direction, but with a mouse you need to keep clicking in the direction you want to go and sometimes it moves onto a different node or even a different constellation altogether. it's slow and cumbersome and while it might look cool, it's not good from usability perspective.

I see your point... am playing on controller even though am on PC.....It feels more comfortable , overall I think game was designed with consoles in mind.

skyrim is down to $40 on steam today...

my main character is up to level 33 thanks to hammering out a bajillion hide bracers.

My conan berserker is doing fairly well at level 17 as well and the mage not so good at level 6.

so tempted to buy this for the pc, but seems like a waste of money...

Edited by xenophon

Smithing skill's at 91 now, but I havent progressed in the story enough to gain access to the Daedric hearts

Loved the mission where you have to infiltrate the Thalmor Embassy. My sneak skill is terrible so I just killed everyone in sight.

sneak at 97 :) so the thalmor embassy was very easy. its only the times that i dont one hit kill things that i need to run around.

Edited by xenophon

Smithing skill's at 91 now, but I havent progressed in the story enough to gain access to the Daedric hearts

Loved the mission where you have to infiltrate the Thalmor Embassy. My sneak skill is terrible so I just killed everyone in sight.

There is a

Deadra

heart in Jorvask (love that name) on the leaders table.

Hour 89, level 38, four cities still unexplored. After a month this has almost become a leisure game, come back from work, pop it in, play a mission, shut down.

And for the uninitiated, dont ignore smithing. I did. You need it to level up your weapon damages, and improve armor which plateau out after a while.