The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Neeraj Kumar wanted the exorcize ghosts of rapes. He wanted to win his face...he got bunch of guys arrested right under mumbai police's a*s.

Mumbai police felt that mirchi and said eff you, you got test player, we will get team owner.

LOL Now Chennai police need to arrest some MI player on moral policing grounds and we can settle the IPL on the field on Sunday like it was supposed to be all along. :P

Neeraj Kumar wanted the exorcize ghosts of rapes. He wanted to win his face...he got bunch of guys arrested right under mumbai police's a*s.

Mumbai police felt that mirchi and said eff you, you got test player, we will get team owner.

:rofl: now please some 1 take the wicket of the BCCI chief

EDIT: even the police is playing 20-20 :lol:

Edited by godspeed4476

I am not taking names. As I said, if it's Arun Pandey, I am prepared for the worst for Indian cricket and not just CSK. It's bye, bye cricket for me.

Dhoni is not bigger than Cricket.

Again I doubt he will do such mistake. But its a huge game and he has got too much into CSK business.

so all the guys jumping on those of us when we said that hyderabad pitch may have been changed to help one team.. well that looks like small fry isnt it?

and one more thing, to the people who are defending ipl by saying it is a pvt company, well the bcci doesnt think it os when it comes to paying taxes. suddenly it becomes a public interest service as soon as IRS/IT demand legit payment.

hell even bcci is a pvt company in broad terms. The indian xi they put out is in no way sanctioned by the govt of india to be called as the indian cricket team that represents the Indian union. Yet bcci has mountain upon mountains of tax evasion charges as it professes itself to be an entity in public service but doesnt allow governmental scrutiny.

even i wonder how did bcci get so powerful that they can get a sports bill killed, get the sports minister changed, not pay taxes & generally do what they want with a helpless govt & IT/ED departments just looking on. even supreme court orders havent been complied with.

Apparently yes, each franchise spends 80-200cr every year on the fee, returns are on stadium entry/sponsorship/TV rights.
Even Pune will make around 125cr, they will be in RED, but most of the franchises go home in Black.

afaik, some article i read last year only KKR is in black (primarily due to SRK endorsment tie ups)

^ Nope thats useless. Government shouldnt be involved in Cricket, they will ruin it.
Cricket money should be invested in cricket. Use the taxes BCCI pays, for other sports, that should be more than enough.

the problem is that even if govt isnt involved many politicians are either directly or through proxy & unlike govt who has to answer to people these guys dont have to answer to anybody. for eg what is done with all their profits? we need total clean up with only (untainted) ex-players involved (though that may become increasingly difficult). make Ganguly chief/commissioner.

Thats because the politicians have eaten up all the money allocated to other sports, and they would continue to do so. If Cricket is brought under the Government, then you would get the equality you are craving for, only difference would be that even the cricketers would be staying in similar houses as that of the hockey players instead of the other way around!

:lol:

well played sir.

jet lee ?

nah, zhatli's scope of influence is only restricted to kotla ground, besides he is the leader of the opposition, very much beyond the scope of police or the CBI for that matter. I think uddham was referring to the gol matol IPL commisoner sukla, but even he is a big fish literally and figuratively.

plenty of people from ECB/CA/PCB/ICC, English media etc are just loving what's happening

from its inception IPL has been godsend for 24 hour news channels with something dramatic happening every few months. they'll be saddest if it's closed (which wont happen)

imagine if all-powerful CSK is dropped or even, at the very least, Sreenu has to resign as chief.. in a way it'll be all thanks to one & only Appam Chu***a :panic:

it's true then - ek machchar aadmi ko hijra bana deta hai

They should dissolve that whole governing council or whatever they're calling it these days. Shukla & Srini are cut from the same cloth. As I see it the perennial vice president Arun Jaitley takes over in the interim and ultimately Pawar is back in the hot seat.

Also, before Srini mama resigns from any of the other bazillion posts that he holds, I'd like to see him walk away from being the president of the All India Chess Federation. No need to f**k up the one sport that we dominate at an international level.

Edited by Walter Sobchak

@filmguy

There is a complex math of revenue share but my understanding is teams are making 120-150cr every year, after BCCI renegotiated TV rights. So majority of the team should be in Black. Pune pays 170 crores just as franchise fee, so no chance for them being profitable.

I love it how everybody wants to hear the "big names" come out.

We love controversy, don't we :doh:

I hope everybody comes clean and my belief in sports stays. I want to believe.

:ha:

Don't be so delusional. 70% of IPL matches are fixed.

Edited by Totti- the Real #10

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic