The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Karooo

Finished the main quest. What a disappointing end to something which could have been awesome.

I am now the slayer of World Eater, leader of the Companions, Stormcloak hater, married to a hot Nord, leader of the Thief's Guild, listener to the Dark Mother and leader of the Dark Brotherhood, Arch Mage, oppressor to the Skyrim citizens and abuser of Dragon Shout Ethereal.

Problem: Bear leaping at me?

Solution: Ethereal + Smack it with conjured swords + Give no f**k

Problem: Dragon breathing fire?

Solution: Ethereal + Stand in the fire + Give no f**k

Problem: Too lazy to climb down a mountain?

Solution: Ethereal + Jump + Give no f**k

Problem: Dwemer trap puzzle?

Solution: Ethereal + Walk over + Give no f**k

Will create a new pure conjure and destruction magic character now.

My take on the series after playing most of Skyrim: Morrowind > Skyrim > Daggerfall > Oblivion

Finished the main quest. What a disappointing end to something which could have been awesome.

the ending might be a bit flat but at least you got to do/witness cool sh*t through the journey. from offbeat quests like the thalmor embassy to epic dungeons like blackreach and sovngarde, finding out that paarthuranax is actually a dovah, obtaining an elder scroll, using it to travel back in time to learn dragonrend... i found all that entertaining.

as for ranking, i'd say daggerfall > skyrim >morrowind > oblivion. of course, all these are based on the moment in time when they released. daggerfall is nowhere close to what skyrim manages today but it had me enchanted even more back when i played it something like 10-12 years ago.

Edited by MarketTantrik
At least type the [hide] tages properly :doh:

the ending might be a bit flat but at least you got to do/witness cool sh*t through the journey. [hide][hide]

as for ranking, i'd say daggerfall > skyrim >morrowind > oblivion. of course, all these are based on the moment in time when they released. daggerfall is nowhere close to what skyrim manages today but it had me enchanted even more back when i played it something like 10-12 years ago.

Edit the second [hide] Spin..

Had to tear my eyes away when I noticed that..

Disappointed by main quest then go complete Civil war quest :)..Disappointed by Civil war quest ? Go complete Dark brotherhood or Thieves guild quest :bigyellowgrin: ......If you hate every quest in Skyrim then you shud go nd kill yourself :)

Skyrim has something for everyone :bigyellowgrin: ...I

Why Skyrim sucks on PS3

FNV project director and lead designer Joshua Sawyer said Skyrim's problems were on a fundamental engine level, and would take "a large time commitment" to fix.

Sawyer spoke from past experience with Bethesda's Gamebryo engine, which became the Creation Engine that underpins Skyrim.

Digital Foundry vs. PS3 Skyrim Lag

FULL Article here

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-ps3-skyrim-lag

So what might be the problem? Seeing as the 360 doesn't appear to manifest these issues under the same conditions, it raises the question as to why this glitch is proving to be such bugbear for Sony's platform alone. There are certain aspects which separate the two consoles, such as the split RAM setup of the PS3, and the mandatory 4.3GB install, but neither of these differences seem to hint at an absolute explanation for the problem.

The theory currently being proposed on the Bethesda forums is that there's a memory leak. The idea here is that the PS3's RAM is slowly being filled up with data during the course of play, which forces the game to stream more regularly from the HDD, causing these momentary freezes.

Having profiled the phenomenon, we have our theories about what's going on too. Skyrim is a game with an enormous amount of objects and characters in play. The gradually expanding size of the save game strongly suggests that it acts as a database that keeps track of how the active pool of objects, characters and other elements has altered since the game began. Perhaps after reaching a certain size, database management requires much more processing.

Another theory concerns where Bethesda store this database. The split-pool RAM architecture on PS3 is more constrictive than it is on 360, and this is clearly a RAM-intensive game. We wonder if the save game resides in the graphics RAM instead of the XDR, which Cell addresses much more quickly. Bandwidth between the PS3 CPU and VRAM is a mere 16MB/s, compared to the 22GB/s access the 360 has to its unified 512MB of GDDR3. Advanced database management on a much larger save would have clear performance implications bearing in mind this bottleneck.

PS3 gamers don't waste your money on Skyrim.....Get it for 360 or PC

I remember that I had a nightmare about Dragon some 5-6 month back. I saw a huge black Dragon, and by huge I mean it was HUGE, like Godzilla Huge. He appeared right behind my current house and the sky became dark. He was just flying around, shouting loudly, enough to shatter glasses of our building. Then I came to know that it was searching me as I was the only one who could kill it, but I didn't know how. Dont remember the remaining part. That was some scary sh*t.

At that time I was watching DBZ, so the dream might be because of that.

Yesterday, I saw the dragon that revives other dragons, and it reminded me of that dream. :fear:

PS3 gamers don't waste your money on Skyrim.....Get it for 360 or PC

Zodke, that article was BEFORE the 1.3 patch, posted by me way back in this topic. 1.3 fixed the issues for many, and many many people haven't faced a single issue even after 15 Mbs of file sizes.

Edited by Super Zombie

the ending might be a bit flat but at least you got to do/witness cool sh*t through the journey. from offbeat quests like the thalmor embassy to epic dungeons like blackreach and sovngarde, finding out that paarthuranax is actually a dovah, obtaining an elder scroll, using it to travel back in time to learn dragonrend... i found all that entertaining.

I'd still rate Morrowind above all because of the world Bethesda managed to craft.

It delved more into the lore and made it truly strange for an unknown fantasy world. The conversations with Vivec alone (reading about his regrets and past) is more rewarding than the entire Skyrim main questline. The world was haunting, the literature was just nuts.

The architecture itself was unique, this was a fantastical place and not Scandinavia rehash.

Skyrim has it's share of surprises and entertaining bits. It is fun till the part you capture a dragon but then it goes down the hill. You enter Sovngarde just like you entered Paradise in Oblivion. Defeat the pussy main villain and walk back out triumphant. I like the ideas in the story, the whole feeling of thinking how mystical the Greybeards are going to be before climbing the 7000 steps but uh no... reaching the top did nothing otherwise.

Skyrim excels in dungeon design (particularly the Dwemer ruins). Most of them were fairly amazing to navigate, especially if you're a sneak character. You can feel that there has been some thought put into it. That was a blast.

Also, the backstory with why the Stormcloaks are rebelling is the most awesome thing about the game.

Daggerfall loses out on all the procedurally generated sh*t and impossible dungeons. That said, it's character creation system is the best in the series.

I really, really wish the next game covers the Dwarves. There is so much about them to know and tell. Were they interdimensional travelers or simply genus madmen who learnt the power of steam? I almost wish that game to be an RTS.

Just hoping they don't move forward in the future like Fable. There is a hint of technological advancement here with the windmills and grinding mills and all that but don't f**king jump the shark. Anyway, stranger things have happened.

Anyway, I don't know if there are a lot of lore and classed TES games fanatics here except me, you, Tyler and Gramps (maybe milo too). We should have a separate thread for the series to discuss all the meta dope about the lore and older games and maybe the mods.

Disappointed by main quest then go complete Civil war quest :)..Disappointed by Civil war quest ? Go complete Dark brotherhood or Thieves guild quest :bigyellowgrin: ......If you hate every quest in Skyrim then you shud go nd kill yourself :)

Skyrim has something for everyone :bigyellowgrin: ...I

*slap*

STFU

This game needs to change. Only remove the game breaking bugs (not funny glitches), and its one of the best games EVER. (even for a non-rpg player like me)

Also, yesterday, a dragon skeleton fell from a sky on me near whiterun entrance :lol:

Poor chap must have messed up with giants. I reloaded the last save though, as it would have remained in the entrance for quite some time, as the elves who fell from sky near Riverwood are still there :rofl: