Sony: We Should Probably Develop Less Games

Why will i bloat something ?

Uncharted Series sales were revealed @ 17 million which is official. I was estimating for each title. Huh

and the numbers now that i have checked

Uc1 is 4.5

UC2 is 5.5

uc3 + GA is 7.2 million

they are the latest estimate i found.

Dude, trust me no use trying to put your honest opinions in front of these people.Bunch of Hypocrites i tell you. Put a games exclusive list or sales figure or even a comment from any developers ,they will call you from fanboy to what not or try to prove you otherwise ,while it is still okay if they do the same .....

Let it go. :good:

All i pointed out was ASSUMING(honest opinion or w/e) UC GA selling 1m when the console itself just crossed that number is pretty ridiculous (given UCs popularity in japan). And I THINK Sony stated 17m shipped , theres still a nice amount of UC copies/bundles still there on store shelves waiting to be sold.

You dont need to start whining :lol: , I didnt call him a fanboy or anything . Why are you getting upset over Aftys comment? he was only calling out the PS fanboys for making lists , he definitely doesn't mean you .

its not because of more games that sony is in red now....i think they did a lot of mistakes with ps3....

first they got off to a wrong start this gen with an overpriced console, releasing late, and banking on the loyalties of game devs to stay exclusive to them (for some time atleast). They didn't anticipate that online gaming would become such a big hit, and instead of improving PSN, they invested on development of stupid things like playsatation home :doh: Basically they put major emphasis on h/w , touting their cell processor and stuff, ignoring the software part of it....anyway, i hope they put to good use all the lessons they learnt from ps3, on PS4....

^^I think they are only referring to the software.

Its better to milk out more money from a single game by promoting it rather than make more games . You end up making less over all coz of development and also your titles compete with each other . Even though they are different genres , they target the same audience (unlike something like Gears and Kinect ).

Dude, trust me no use trying to put your honest opinions in front of these people.Bunch of Hypocrites i tell you. Put a games exclusive list or sales figure or even a comment from any developers ,they will call you from fanboy to what not or try to prove you otherwise ,while it is still okay if they do the same .....

Let it go. :good:

:console:

Sony’s Stock Falls to Lowest Level Since 1984

Share value falls below 1,000 Yen for the first time in nearly three decades.

On the eve of Sony’s much-awaited PlayStation-centric press conference at E3 2012 comes some stunning news: Sony’s stock fell below 1,000 Yen (or $12.79) for the first time since 1984 during trading in Japan on Monday.

CNBC Tweeted the ominous news, noting the information in a brief “Market Flash.” Reuters expanded upon the news, stating that although Sony’s stock did indeed fall below the 1,000 Yen threshold, it “eased 1.3 percent” to bring it back up to 1,000 Yen before trading ended.

Bad news has been flowing about Sony’s financial health all year. Its credit and debt ratings were downgraded in February on the heels of a massive quarterly loss. Such a financial reality caused Sony to outline new plans for the future while planning to layoff 10,000 workers. The maelstrom of bad news caused the New York Times to declare that Sony is in the fight of its life.

Although the PlayStation brand is considered healthy, poor sales of the PSP’s successor, the PlayStation Vita, have called into question how to measure the new handheld’s success. Meanwhile, the financial downturn Sony has encountered forced the company to shutter two of its 15 fully-owned development studios in 2012, a historic move considering Sony only shuttered one of its development houses total since PlayStation premiered in Japan in 1994. BigBig Studios, the UK-based studio responsible for the Pursuit Force franchise on PSP and Little Deviants on Vita, closed in early January. Soon thereafter, Zipper Interactive, the American developer best-known for the SOCOM franchise, as well as MAG and Unit 13, was also closed.

Whether or not Sony’s announcements at E3 help bring the stock price back up or not remains to be seen, though investors will certainly be watching the company’s plans concerning its valuable PlayStation brand eagerly to see what’s in store.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/04/sonys-stock-falls-to-lowest-level-since-1984

And I THINK Sony stated 17m shipped , theres still a nice amount of UC copies/bundles still there on store shelves waiting to be sold.

i dont recall anyone screaming 'shipped' when other publishers reveal their 'sold' numbers.

when sony said they sold million of UC3 units on day 1 everyone screamed shipped and said they hardly clear their first shipment. one month later (in december) sony announced that the series has sold 13 mill units. almost 4 months later they managed to ship another 4.2 million units.

so either the retailers are interested in overstocking sony games despite them not selling and taking up their valuable shelf space or maybe, just maybe their game do sell well enough. take your pick ;)

Sony haha wtf lol. Stop creating more games, just create one or 2 franchises and milk the f**k out of them. They should have continued PS2 franchises like GOW. Instead they went for HD collection and gave us one GOW.

BTW, I am curious if they are thinking they messed up with Vita.

Poor Xbots.

Sad to see ....What lack of good games on their favourite consoles can do them? :(

All i pointed out was ASSUMING(honest opinion or w/e) UC GA selling 1m when the console itself just crossed that number is pretty ridiculous (given UCs popularity in japan). And I THINK Sony stated 17m shipped , theres still a nice amount of UC copies/bundles still there on store shelves waiting to be sold.

You dont need to start whining :lol: , I didnt call him a fanboy or anything . Why are you getting upset over Aftys comment? he was only calling out the PS fanboys for making lists , he definitely doesn't mean you .

oh dude please. get a life.Stop trying to pretend otherwise...you are just one of the many xbots here.

Also stop trying to get behind afty to take a cheap dig at me.... :lol:

Poor Xbots.

Sad to see ....What lack of good games on their favourite consoles can do them?

Dude Xbox console has sold a few million more than PS3 based on a handful of exclusives (ignore the 1 year headstart, it is irrelevant). It wouldn't have sold more if it didn't have good games.

Poor Xbots.

Sad to see ....What lack of good games on their favourite consoles can do them? :(

huh, xbox live is so much better compared to PSN, who needs more exclusives

trust me i got both consoles and you havent got the other...so lets just stop it there

PSN + offers and service have been good and value for money.

I dont miss live much tbh

Regarding the stock news

The market is Japan had a bad fall recently which has effected Sony again along with their TV business

They have outlined a plan when Kaz was made the president but i guess we should wait and watch how it goes, 4 months is less for a company under a new president to make a turnover asap

huh, xbox live is so much better compared to PSN, who needs more exclusives

trust me i got both consoles and you havent got the other...so lets just stop it there

Majority of games still play offline and just because you play online mostly does not mean exclusives are not that important.there are many here with all three consoles yet have had major playing hours on ps3.In USA xbox is reported to be mostly used for watching television.

I am just trying to tell you ,your points can be easily argued and they are not that what decide exclusives are needed or not.

Also trust me my intention was stop this only that is why i asked Pranay to stop trying to make his point here. IF you go back few pages you will know who started all this.

Thats the dumbest thing ive heard.

yea right, i forgot, this is PS fanboys club......

Do you think a pile of sh*t feels popular because its surrounded by flies? roflroll2.gif

Archived