Gran Turismo 5 Spec II

KnackChap

http://www.ps3blog.net/2007/08/28/gt5-prol...lease-not-free/

New prequel an early taste of Gran Turismo 5 for PLAYSTATION®3 - A taste of Gran Turismo 5 for PLAYSTATION®3 is here at the end of this year - Up to 16-player online racing on PLAYSTATION®Network - a Gran Turismo first! - Over 40 dream cars, High Definition graphics, new physics engine… and a TV channel

The real driving simulator that’s sold 50 million units is back: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) and Polyphony Digital are pleased to announce Gran Turismo™5 Prologue, a prequel title showcasing the forthcoming Gran Turismo™5 for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) – available both on Blu-ray disc and as a download from PLAYSTATION®Network (PSN) at the end of this year. Gran Turismo on PlayStation is one of the most successful global gaming franchises of the last ten years – renowned for its realism, quality of design and in-car physics technology – now, with the power of PS3™ behind it, it’s going to be unstoppable.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue features over 40 stunning cars – including vehicles by Lotus, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Ferrari for you to race on seriously realistic, real-life tracks: including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka – all rendered in incredible High Definition graphics. There’s also all-new driving physics for the most lifelike driving experience ever and new, improved opponent artificial intelligence for the toughest race challenge yet.

But that’s not all – for the first time ever in the history of Gran Turismo, you’ll now be able to race online. Up to 16 players will be able to go head-to-head on some of the world’s best racetracks on PLAYSTATION®Network™ – all you need to get racing is a broadband connection and PS3™. Once you’re up and revving, Global Online Rankings and the My Garage homepage feature will leave the world in no doubt as to just who is the best at Gran Turismo.

And then there’s the Online Dealership, providing a wealth of information on cars and manufacturers and also Gran Turismo™ TV – a dedicated online channel available exclusively from PSN and packed with some of the greatest content that Motorsport, car manufacturers and TV has to offer.

Key Features:

* The first ever Gran Turismo title with online racing: drive online against up to 16 other Gran Turismo aces

* Race a total of over 40 stunning, high-performance cars

* Race on seriously realistic, real life tracks including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka – then race them in reverse and with alternative routes

* All-new physics engine means true next-generation vehicle handling

* All-new and improved opponent AI for a nail-biting race experience

* Access to Gran Turismo TV : a world of great motoring TV programming online

* Online Dealership: Access to car manufacturers online

* My Garage - a personalised homepage feature with friends, chat and personal game records

* Quick Tune facility allows you to adjust power, tyres, suspension and more

* All in stunning High Definition at 1080p (race: 1080p-60fps, replay: 1080p-30fps)

Gran Turismo 5 – the full title – launches in 2008. Until then, there’s enough ultra-realistic, high-speed racing in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on PS3™ to keep your accelerator firmly to the floor for the rest of the year.

The 'Not Free' thing is his personal feeling and seems to be mentioned only to draw attention.

There's no difference between 720p and 1080p if your screen size is less than 45". How much ever you may delude yourself into thinking that because you ate all those carrots as a kid, your eyesight is finer than the average human being, it is physically impossible to distinguish the difference on smaller screen sizes because of the pixel width. The larger the screen gets, the clearer the difference.

IMO, give me 720p with equivalent texture resolutions and high texture quality and FSAA @ 60 fps over 1080p with visual quality reduced in order to achieve 60fps.

Actually, the difference is massive between 720p and 1080p on any screen larger than 32'". The difference between 1080i and 1080p however is negligible unless you have a 50"+ screen. Just change the resolution of your 360 from 720p to 1080i and you'll see big difference in text/menu outlines etc. And it does matter to guys with 52" LCDs and HD projectors that whether game supports 1080p or not.

- Sony has confirmed that European PlayStation 3 owners can get behind the wheel of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue toward the end of the year. This taste of Sony's first true next-gen GT is scheduled for release on both Blu-Ray and PlayStation Network.

While Prologue is heading to PSN, it won't be free like the previously released Gran Turismo demo and doesn't include damage modelling - unlike the Blu-ray version. However, both versions do include more than 40 cars, as well as offering the chance to go head-to-head with fellow speed freaks in 16-player online races.

Prologue features vehicles by Lotus, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Ferrari, alongside real-life tracks including Eiger Nordwand, a London city track and Sukuka. Futhermore, there's improved artificial intelligent for "the toughest challenge yet", according to Sony.

Finally, this taster also includes a host of online modes: a 16-player online multiplayer, global online rankings, a My Garage homepage for you to show off your achievements, Gran Turismo TV and an online dealership that provides plenty of info on the cars plus manufacturers.

While there's currently no specific date for the game's European arrival, just consider yourself lucky: Sony hasn't made even the tiniest suggestive peep about when Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is racing to North America. :PB)

• 4 weeks later...

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue gets Japanese launch date

More good news for PlayStation 3 owners today from the Tokyo Game Show as Kaz Hirai, head of Sony Computer Entertainment, has confirmed that the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is slated to hit the PlayStation Network and retail stores on December 13 in Japan.

The taste test of the long-awaited fifth iteration of the Gran Turismo series will include a hearty sampling of cars, courses, and even online play. As we previously reported, there will be roughly 40 cars, four tracks, and online play for up to 16 racers.

No word has been given about the North American or European releases, but I would imagine that it shouldn't take too long to translate a few menus. The beauty of the cars is, after all, an international language. As long as my S2000 is in the game, I'll be satisfied.

Archived