The Darkness II

Aftrunner

I NEVER EVER heard/read about the first one, maybe it being console exclusive was the reason (I was a PC gamer then).

I confused it with this game: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/darkwatch/index.html which was EPIC on PS2.

I gotta look for the first version, as the artwork seems interesting.

New info from Games TM magazine.

- Digital Extreme says they learned lessons on crafting single player (Dark Sector) and miltiplayer (Bioshock 2).

- It's hard to walk the line between balls out action and complex story, but they think they can

- It will have more "playfull, black humour" from the comics

- They are really enjoying brainstorming what powers you'll use

- Overall improving of narrative is a big point for them

- Something about Darklings urinating acid

- Comics are a "source of insperation" not a rulebook

- They highlight the "graphic noir" art style, and GamesTM says it is "comic-like, almost cel-shaded" and brighter than you'd expect

- Your "Demon Arm" will be much more useful in the world, grabbing objects, throwing them, able to slice through objects, stab them. They compare it to a samurai sword. They say you can grab car doors as a sheild, and lamp posts to throw and hit enemies from "several hundred feet away"

- They want Jackie to feel more frightening when he is supposed to, and more personal to the people he cares for

- Less "light hunting" as a source of you powers. It will be more refined

- Starbreeze "fully focused" on other project. This is an all out Digital Extreme's effort

Nothing much worth noting. Still waiting for gameplay or trailer.

Also wonder what Starbreeze are working on? Syndicate? New Riddick game (unlikely I know, but no harm in wishful thinking :P).

I NEVER EVER heard/read about the first one, maybe it being console exclusive was the reason (I was a PC gamer then).

I confused it with this game: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/darkwatch/index.html which was EPIC on PS2.

I gotta look for the first version, as the artwork seems interesting.

Yeah it was a console-exclusive but the sequel won't be :)

BTW The Darkness is based on a (very awesome) comic book by the same name. Although the game makes certain changes to the main character's personality.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived