What you bought this week

HundredProofSam

btw congratulations! I wish there were stores here where i could go and try these headphones...:(

you can try most Bose headphones in their showrooms or even in Croma, at least here in Mumbai. Even the El-cheapo ones were awesome.

Edit: but as usual it is difficult to understand the difference between the very highly priced and very very highly priced ones, they all seem very good to me, I'm no audiophile :P

Edited by avkash

Working towards a decent UC collection. Got this

Congrats. If only the UC steelbook wasnt a stickerbook.

The "thicker" or in this case bigger steelbooks, are known as JUMBO steelbooks. But I'm guessing you knew that.

Got the Scandinavian COD Collection steelbook? :P

Lol.

A stickerbook is a general term given by collectors to these types of steelbooks. A stickerbook wont have a "stickerbook" label, that is just degrading :| .

According to Scanovo (maker of Steelbooks) , Not all interested parties can afford or need quantities of 4000 or 8000 , which is their minimum order so they print out these lower grade yet easily made available "stickerbooks" which carry the Steelbook logo. Infact you can buy empty steelbooks @ amazon.de and make your own stickerbook :P . I plan to get 2-3 and get a custom artwork done on them for some of my favorite games or series that either didn't have a steelbook or not a good one.

Great haul Rasiya.. So now you planning to build a dedicated UC collection ? From where and for how much did you snag this journal for ? I think I saw one of these on ebay.com

lol ... I know that's a jumbo steelbook. And it's not the scandinavian one...got it from spain for €10 only. AFAIK these steelbooks have been launched in germany and spain only.

The whole debate about steelbook v/s stickerbook is never ending. But yeah it has got the scanovo TM so it's definitely a steelbook.

@Squeezer (Really ? :P): Nice blu bro. The movie is quite good and grows on you. Seen it 5-6 times thanks to Star Gold HD. :D

@DS: Thanks mate ! :cheers:

Speaking of Star, WTF is wrong with star movies :P I think I have seen Fast n Furious, Bad Boys, Van Helsing and Bourne Supremacy like a gazillion times now :P

Great haul Rasiya.. So now you planning to build a dedicated UC collection ? From where and for how much did you snag this journal for ? I think I saw one of these on ebay.com

lol ... I know that's a jumbo steelbook. And it's not the scandinavian one...got it from spain for €10 only. AFAIK these steelbooks have been launched in germany and spain only.

The whole debate about steelbook v/s stickerbook is never ending. But yeah it has got the scanovo TM so it's definitely a steelbook.

UC collection is wayyy too tough. I know 3 items that will cost me $2000+ each :| . But I'm getting as much as I can.

I got the scandinavian one, imo it's the best out of the COD Collection steelbooks. And the one you got was in Hungary,Spain,France and Germany. I may get it depending on if I get it for 5-6 euros :P

Also, it's no debate. Gemini (or Gurpswoo) from CE.O even wrote a whole article/petition to Scanovo to stop these stickersbooks to which Scanovo gave the explanation that I gave in my earlier post. Also, in conclusion to classifying them, let's say stickersbooks are a subset of steelbooks. :P

And Lemme know next time you get something, could save on shipping.

Really? :O And I stopped watching it after first 45 minutes. It was too boring.

Different taste in movies saar ! :P

I didn't like it in the first go, but really got into it in the 2nd. Hrithik cannot act even if his life depended on it. :|

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

Different taste in movies saar ! :P

I didn't like it in the first go, but really got into it in the 2nd. Hrithik cannot act even if his life depended on it. :|

Might just give it another shot someday. (I loved Luck by chance by the same Director). Ah, and my problem was more with Abhay than Hrithik. I never found Hrithik good until I saw his performance in Jodhaa Akbar.

Might just give it another shot someday. (I loved Luck by chance by the same Director). Ah, and my problem was more with Abhay than Hrithik. I never found Hrithik good until I saw his performance in Jodhaa Akbar.

Abhay Deol is my fav actor from the new generation, closely followed by Ranbir Kapoor. Both have done quite a variety of movies.