Opinion: To Buy Ps3 Again and delay PS4 purchase?

Guys,

Wanted your suggestion.

My ps3 is acting bit weird....I understand it does not have much time left.

I have many games on PS3 both digitally and physical copies...especially digital ones. Many of them are yet to even play.

I don't see PS4 happening anytime soon for me anyways infact possible that a another year might go buy ..say late 2016. Cannot buy a Rs 30-35K console and on top pay so much for its game also..

MY PS3 library is so solid that i can continue with it for another 2 years easily . If i buy ps3 now ..I am sure whatever little chance of PS4 is it will get further delayed.

Beside i believe i have a strong enough to PC to atleast allow me to play next gen games for another two year atleast on Medium settings. :fear:

In confusion with this...coz if i let it go ...so many games on it will be gone too on psn and my library also but yes i have a chance to get ps4 then by next year end....but if i stick with ps3 i can continue my playing many games without having to pay .

If ps4 was backward compatible even with digital purchase...i don't think i would have even had to ask what would be a better choice ...but letting so many games go without finishing them is :(

Aur joh itna kharch kiya PSN ke games mein...sab gaya??

Yup..No Native Backward compatibility on PS4 like XboxOne...If you want to play your old games then you have to subscribe to PS Now game rental service :P .

Best idea is to stick to PC gaming for now and then get PS4 next year when UC4 is out...

Buy a used PS3 for no more than 10k, that's the best option for you.

Why buy a used one for 10k when probably can get new one for not much more than that.....will buy new one...its better to buy a new one. Will wait for a good deal and then go for it..something like cashback or some daily deal maybe...

and what makes you think you might get a new PS3 for 10k or under, 12 GB model still sells for 180$+ tax in US so approx 200$, approx 13k. It will end it's life around 160 0r 150. Plus add to it the cost of buying a 500 Gig HDD. In INdia it will prbably down to 17-18k before being taken out of shelves. Until ofcourse your old PS3 is indian bought and you are going to get a new one at 50% once it dies.

Aur joh itna kharch kiya PSN ke games mein...sab gaya??

Buy a PS3 later when really dirt cheap. Why waste 10k now to play old games? 90% of them you can play on PC anyways. Exclusives are already getting remasters like TLOU, UC Trilogy, GOW 3 etc.

Yup..No Native Backward compatibility on PS4 like XboxOne...If you want to play your old games then you have to subscribe to PS Now game rental service :P .

Best idea is to stick to PC gaming for now and then get PS4 next year when UC4 is out...

Xbox one is getting backward capability so ye

Buy a PS3 later when really dirt cheap. Why waste 10k now to play old games? 90% of them you can play on PC anyways. Exclusives are already getting remasters like TLOU, UC Trilogy, GOW 3 etc.

They are priced more than the original game price too.

correct me if i am wrong but uske liya bhi toh very high speed internet connectivity hona chahiya na 24 hrs...its streaming service right??

Yes, you need strong and stable internet plus you have to pay small fee every month to play old games you already own :P

^^ I tried it sometime back.. Didn't work for me.. You need a US credit card linked with your US PSN account to start the subscription..

Also with a 30mbps internet connection, I was getting poor connectivity in the "test connection" option... :wallbash:

and what makes you think you might get a new PS3 for 10k or under, 12 GB model still sells for 180$+ tax in US so approx 200$, approx 13k. It will end it's life around 160 0r 150. Plus add to it the cost of buying a 500 Gig HDD. In INdia it will prbably down to 17-18k before being taken out of shelves. Until ofcourse your old PS3 is indian bought and you are going to get a new one at 50% once it dies.

Amazon is selling PS3 for Rs 15k....if they have some cashback offer and all i can grab one for Rs 13.5k...which is fine...i might even sell the controller to save some more money on it as i just need one and i already have one.

also i won't need HDD...i will use one from this old PS3.

Hmm..yup you have a point....but i am not sure if PS3 will ever see a nother price drop...they might stop the production.

Yes, you need strong and stable internet plus you have to pay small fee every month to play old games you already own :P

Phir kya kaam ka yeh PS Now mera liya.

PS3 is basically done
After MGS/COD/Re hd I don't see any major AAA tittles that are going to be released (don't play FIFA)

What I would suggest is when your ps3 fails get it exchanged at Sony center for 50% amount
Play your back log games ,finish one game at a time.(really important)

​Now Start saving,don't buy any useless game/item that you dont need
Make a new bank account(SBI is free) where you will transfer the money from selling your old ps3 games. Dont touch this account
Sell all the games plus your ps3 after you finish all the games.This time you should have around 20-25k in your bank (your ps3 library is solid,so I assume you should have 30-40 plus physical games)
By this time it will be 2016 end
Where bose BC will be forced to reduce the overpriced ps4 to keep up with market and maybe we will see a slim ps4(chances are rare but can happen)

Buy the console

Happy gaming

(the above guide only applies if you are unemployed/student/have anti gaming parents)

EDIT: dont waste your money on pc (unless you can go for high rigs), it will be obsolete before we see a new kratos :P

At this point, a PS3 wouldn't make sense, considering you all played all (or at least most) of the games. Most of the recent titles are now turning into next-gen only. So save up and use your PC till you get a PS4.

Archived