FarCry 3

WhiteWolf

i have to say... this was the surprise reveal of last night. all the others games were either known or expected to be shown. it wasn't leaked like halo 7 or 8 or whatever it was. even if people knew that a far cry 3 was in the making, it still came out of nowhere in the actual demo. and this is how you reveal a game... a producer comes on, says 2 lines and gameplay footage starts up straight away. all through the demo i was wondering what game it was. and then at the end you tell the world it's far cry 3.

people are already complaining that it doesn't look as good as crysis and all that but man, f**k them. so tired of the 'it's not as good looking as crysis' bullshit. i personally thought it looked a lot like boiling point/white gold until the last bit with all the explosions and stuff. i hope the game doesn't suck as bad as the previous one, although there's no way they could make it as bad as far cry 2 even if they tried.

Agreed on 2 and 3 (which would be a point for almost any FPS game) but 1 is incorrect, whenever someone made that claim it has always been incorrect.

See the thing is the game has a camouflage system (a poor one, but it has one) it requires you to use it in order to stay hidden...and almost everyone who complains about the stealth is unaware of this fact.

How do u go stealthily on the first one praveer??..I ve tried so many times to sneak inside camps but was always spotted even though when there's no one around while take down some thug using my knife!

So they had time to green light this bullshit sequel to a crappy game but nothing to show for Beyond Good and Evil?

I dont know what you saw in the trailers but this sequel looks far from BS. :furious:

Its Ubisoft. My modus operandi with regards to them is to assume its bullshit until proven otherwise. Saves me time cause more often than not it is bullshit

:lol: But this one looks great TBH. They have admitted that there is Quick Travel. Add that feature to Far Cry 2 and it becomes a 8/10 from 5/10 game.

Also there are lots of cool animations for stealth kills and they got rid of muddy look from the first game. They also have stated there is very good character development which was virtually absent from FC 2. They have hinted an upgrade system as well, as we can see the +XP pop-ups when we kill enemies.

Now, the ONLY NEGATIVE point I am seeing so far is the absence of wild life. If they implement hunting system like RDR and add more wild animals, it would be AWESOME.

They only needed to fix the multiple minor faults of Farcry 2 to make a good game, if they do that then it automatically becomes great.

Exactly. I wonder how many people actually bothered to play Far Cry 2 instead of jumping onto the hate bandwagon. It was a perfectly good game apart from the enemy respawning - which I agree was annoying as hell.

Exactly. I wonder how many people actually bothered to play Far Cry 2 instead of jumping onto the hate bandwagon. It was a perfectly good game apart from the enemy respawning - which I agree was annoying as hell.

+1

i played FC2 FOR LIKE 6-7HRS.. loved it at first then totally got bored off it..

the gameplay mechanics looks like FC2. ( FC2 in Jungle )

too much of Green turns me off :thumbdown:

Thats like saying Hitler was a nice guy aside from all the jew murdering. Thats not a character flaw, thats a deal breaker. :lol:

What I wonder is why people always assume that others who criticize something are doing it without having tried it just to be part of some mythical group? If it is not this then someone else would be saying "How long have you played it before you dismissed it?".

People didnt like something you liked. I know its unbelievable but it happens. No need to call them all liars.

/Shrug.

Yeah but I never called you a liar. Or anyone else. You played it, you didnt like it. I did. We disagreed.

Dismissing someone who didnt like a game you liked by saying he/she never played it and is a liar is a pretty insulting way to respond to an opinion, no? Esp when you have no proof otherwise.

Right, right I get it. I wasn't calling anyone a liar anyway. If I was then I wouldn't have started it with "I wonder how many...". The answer is probably zero in which case I'm wrong, so there. Besides the post wasn't directed at anyone specific.

OT @ty - are you talking about the library level of halo :O? It was my favourite level in any halo game and one of the memorable part.

NotSureIfSerious.png

Archived