Don Bradman Cricket '14- Knockout Tournament !

Man In The Box

Tournament date: 15 June - 8 July.
Tournament winner: SilentAssassin

Total players: 6
Format: Group Stage + Finals

Rules: Each player plays 1 game against the two opponents in his group.
Match overs: 40
Attention: The host must select 'Normalize Skills' in the host menu option before inviting the opponent.
Teams: The team must be 'International' and 'Current Generation'
Match Hosting: The person who is hosting the match has to make sure that every setting regarding the pitch, weather, etc. must be set to 'random'. Moreover, the 'quick pitch wear' option must be 'off' and the 'Normalise Skills' option must be ticked.

Draw: Groups will be drawn via the website 'Random.org' which is a free site that picks out names from a list on a random basis. The 2nd, 4th and 6th names will be in Group A and the 1st, 3rd, and 5th names will be in Group B.

The names will be put in the list in the order of participation, i.e., the first guy who posted in this thread asking to join the tournament will be first in the list; followed by the next 5 in the same order.

The person who wins the 40 over match gets 3 points

The person who wins the 40 over match with more than 50 runs (when batting first) gets a +1 bonus point

The person who wins the 40 over match with more than 5 overs to spare (when batting second) and with atleast 3 wickets remaining gets a +1 bonus point.

No points for losing.

Thus, every person will have a total of 2 group games to play.
The winner of the groups will face each other in the finals.

In case 2 or more members in a group have the same number of points, the winner of the group will be decided based on the Net Run Rate.

The winner of this tournament will get a DBC 14 Steelbook. A big thanks to 'FT-9' for providing this item for the tournament !

Group A

Silent Assassin/ silentasssasssin
Chewie/ filmguy2013
Chief/ T0P-N0TCH-PLAYER

Group B
Billa/ Billa_1981

funnyadit/ funnyadit

arv95/ maverick_989

Group table, updated standings and individual Net Run Rate can be view by clicking on here.

Group A

Match 1: Billa 54/10. Arv 33/10. Billa won by 21 runs

Match 2: Billa 116/10. Funnyadit: 38/10. Billa won by 78 runs
Match 3: Arv 92/10. Funnyadit 86/10. Arv won by 6 runs

Group B

Match 1: Chief 88/10. SilentAssassin 88/10. Match Tied
Match 2: Chewie 33/10. Silent Assassin 35/4. SilentAssassin won by 6 wickets.

Match 3: Chewie 44/10. Chief 23/10. Chewie won by 21 runs.

Finals: Billa 104/8 (Declared). SilentAssassin 105/3 SilentAssassin won by 7 wickets

The 8 players would be put in 4 groups of 2 by a random draw. The people in the same group will play each other and the winner of each group will move in to the semi finals.

How is this a knockout tournament???? :P

50 overs?? that'll take 2.5+ hrs if both innings last full quota

That's why I made the tournament so long. You can easily play 1 innings a day and continue the 2nd innings the next time, thanks to the 'save' feature. Moreover, since we have such few players a 3 match tournament of 20 overs would not even feel anything different. I don't think many have tried 50 overs online here and this will be a good opportunity to test your skills in a much longer format.

Plus, I have a strong feeling not many will last 50 overs online.

Chief: I think you should start the tournament on 8th because if Patch releases on 6th then 2 days is req to test the wifi play online and only then I would like to participate...

I'm starting it on 6th as it is a Friday. Due to the 'save' feature, DCs should not be an issue. Also, it's not compulsory that you have to start from 6th itself. You can test your WIFI and begin your match after 8th.

Angy

4 groups

2 players in each..Loser is out..

Not 2 groups 4 players :P

Read again

Oh....my bad then :P!!!

Keep lesser overs man. If you want longer matches....keep it at 30 overs. I dont think anyone of us has even played a 50 over match yet online. Lets increase it gradually (just a suggestion).

50 over matches would be cool when co-op online is released.

Also, start the tournament 'after' the patch. A lot of stuff related to gameplay (wifi issues, speed of fielders etc) is being updated in the patch.

I'm starting it on 6th as it is a Friday. Due to the 'save' feature, DCs should not be an issue. Also, it's not compulsory that you have to start from 6th itself. You can test your WIFI and begin your match after 8th.

Participant Name/ PSN ID

Chief/ T0P-N0TCH-PLAYER

Silent Assassin/ silentassassin

funnyadit/funnyadit

I'm in...

Keep lesser overs man. If you want longer matches....keep it at 30 overs. I dont think anyone of us has even played a 50 over match yet online. Lets increase it gradually (just a suggestion).

Also, start the tournament 'after' the patch. A lot of stuff related to gameplay (wifi issues, speed of fielders etc) is being updated in the patch.

Starting on 8th should be fine after testing stuff....

Hmm. But first, will you be playing in this tournament?

Great. I feel since the patch is new, I will make this tournament from 9 June-25 June as this will give players 3 weekends to complete matches. However, I think the first round for you Angy should be completed by 12th as otherwise it will lead to delays. Hopefully you and your opponent will have time to complete the match in 3 days.

The only reason I want to do 50 overs now is because it will be damn hard to have a 50 over co op tournament. Getting 4 players at the same time for such a long duration is going to be almost impossible in my opinion. With the new patch, a 50 over contest would be great to test the already acquired skills with the adjustments to be made after the patch.

Archived