PSN Add fund not wokring

sonuyos

Hi guys, am trying to add fund in my account but i get this msg everytime :(

I have ICICI Instant Credit card, works everywhere even in PAYPAL!!

What to do?

The credit card information is not valid. Please check your entries carefully.

What to do?

Welcome to the gang :(

• 2 weeks later...

What to do?

Hi, am going through this same kind of bullcrap but here's a few things you need to remember:

1. Enter exact details of your CC communication address in the fields (If its in CAPS, enter them as such without any special characters)

2. Make sure that your CC is enabled for International Transactions(this is vital)

3. If you have entered your CC communication incorrectly or if you have entered info that is not "valid" multiple times, your PSN account will be blocked for payment updation for 14 freaking days(yes, confirmed this from customer support)

Now, I had called up my bank regarding the error that you are also getting.They said that the transaction was getting declined because it was 'international' in nature(even in Indian PSN).

Also your bank must support AVS(Address Verification System).

I will update this thread if I get a resolution (currently got a International Transaction CC, but waiting for my PSN ID to get unblocked).

Hope this helps :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So now i am facing the same problem.

1. When i add my CC to Billing Information my CC is charged by 0.1 GBP // i get a SMS while my bank shows nothing
  2. I checked and my account does shows my Region to "India"
  3. My CC is def. enabled for international transactions - i use it all the time
  4. My address is same (it's been same or ever)

Yet, I am not allowed to add funds to Wallet. So I need a PS+ to be added as without it I cant play co-op and i need this urgently. I was using a 14 day trial account which expires tomorrow. How can i resolve this? The other option is Sony's Prepaid card - is there a way to buy that?? I did call up Sony's Call Center and all they said - wait 48 hours and it will work. That's their first step and only then they will proceed further. I doubt they have a clue what's happening here and in 2 days they will still have no clue.

Any help here will be appreciated...

Cheers

• 9 months later...

Stop trying to do anything. If it failed even once psn auto blocks any transactions for 14 days from the last try on that PSN ID. So every time you try it will block for 14 days. This also includes changing card details.

This has happened to me multiple times and I finally confirmed with Sony that any and all transactions get blocked on that psn ID for 14 days if there is any error or decline.

If you are desperate just create a new psn ID and I guarantee that the same details will work there just fine.... As long as the card is a supported one. That's another story.

No no cards r supported.. i have 2 added on my filr n both i had used in past 1 year on ps store multiple times... a few week ago i tried manually funding some money for a preorder i had made.. n since i m getting this same error ...

Is your card with chip ? Because I had my icici non-chip debit card stopped working last week under similar circumstances. Then I activated my new chip debit card which had been lying around and used it to purchase on psn store......and Voila ! It worked ! :O

• 2 weeks later...

Well i made a purchase a few days ago with a card. Worked.

Using that same card now, with same details and everything but cant add funds. Any help will be appreciated. Please its urgent

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Faced same issue during MGS V release. None of the CCs worked on my account. Not even on a new Indian account I created just to buy MGS V. I bought it on my US account instead, by buying PSN Card digitally from Amazon.com.

And after 2-3 weeks, my card started working. So just wait it out. That 14 day period is required.

Faced same issue during MGS V release. None of the CCs worked on my account. Not even on a new Indian account I created just to buy MGS V. I bought it on my US account instead, by buying PSN Card digitally from Amazon.com.

And after 2-3 weeks, my card started working. So just wait it out. That 14 day period is required.

I'm not able to purchase using a different card too.

Is this normal?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Stop trying to do anything. If it failed even once psn auto blocks any transactions for 14 days from the last try on that PSN ID. So every time you try it will block for 14 days. This also includes changing card details.

This has happened to me multiple times and I finally confirmed with Sony that any and all transactions get blocked on that psn ID for 14 days if there is any error or decline.

If you are desperate just create a new psn ID and I guarantee that the same details will work there just fine.... As long as the card is a supported one. That's another story.

^what he said. Make sure the new cards have the chip. Also not all banks card work. I wish there was an official list somewhere. This whole thing is so haphazard.

^ your answers are here.

I'm not able to purchase using a different card too.

Is this normal?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi I am trying to add funds to my wallet but CC is not working. It is a Chip based card and my account address matches with the billing account. Still having issues. I called up the bank and PS helpline but both have failed to offer a solution. Any solutions gurus or can anyone in the forum help me in making a purchase on the PSN India store? Happy to make a cash transfer to their account. Thanks!

Archived